End Toonami

Discussions about anything anime-related.
Vampire_Star
Newbie Otaku

End Toonami

Post by Vampire_Star »

America's Cartoon Network has revealed at Georgia's Anime Weekend Atlanta convention this morning that it will end its Toonami programming block tonight after 11 years. The official announcement will be made during tonight's final run, with an "important message" during the 10:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. ET/PT timeslot. Naruto has been the only Japanese series in this Saturday evening block recently, but Toonami used to host a variety of Japanese-animated programs when it began as a weekday afternoon block in 1997. Among those titles were Voltron, Robotech, Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball, Ronin Warriors, G-Force: Guardians of Space, Blue Submarine No. 6, Tenchi Muyo!, Cardcaptors, Zoids, .hack//SIGN, Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin, The Big O, Outlaw Star, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Cyborg 009, Duel Masters, Astro Boy, Gundam, Rave Master, Zatch Bell, One Piece, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, Pokémon, MÄR, The Prince of Tennis, Megaman Star Force, Bakugan Battle Brawlers, and Blue Dragon. The Toonami Jetstream online streaming service will reportedly still continue, and Cartoon Network is working to import the Japanese-animated Demashitaa! Powerpuff Girls Z spinoff that is based on its own Powerpuff Girls series.

Two episode of Naruto are currently scheduled for tonight at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT. The 2002 live-action Spider-Man film will run instead of Toonami on September 27, although most television listings have not been updated yet. Batman: Gotham Knight, this summer's Japanese-animated video tie-in to The Dark Knight film, will then run on October 4 at 8:00 p.m. After Batman: Gotham Knight, an episode of Naruto, "Powerful Helper," will run at 9:30 p.m., but there are no other episodes scheduled yet.

"Don't ever forget that with each step a person is able to take on their own, they have become that much stronger." ~Tamahome (Fushigi Yuugi)

~Vampire_Star~
Yuki~
Absolute Otaku

Re: End Toonami

Post by Yuki~ »

Hmm.. so it means Toonami will probably end here too.
Personally I don't care. It's not good.
(If it hasn't already ended XD)
olááá
L'Arc~en~Ciel forever~
o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o
quando pousar e abrir os olhos como seria bom se te encontrasse com um sorriso...
tchau~
Pink Supervisor|EL
Absolute Otaku

Post by Pink Supervisor|EL »

....i don't get toonami...i use the internet ^_^
Assassin of the Black Knights
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!
Nyx
Absolute Otaku

Post by Nyx »

Good. I miss the old Toonami. It might as well as been dead after they got rid of the Tom I knew.
AA Sibs: Coin-Boy, Casual, Biki, Tyche
AA Hubbies: EL, Kura, AOH I wuv my hubbies. All 3 of them. <3
AA X-mas Pressy: Cloud AA Luv: Cold
AA Child: Dogboy, Pervert. AA Grandchild: Master InuYasha
That'll do fangirl, that'll do.
Rickster
Master Otaku

Post by Rickster »

Ahh yes... I remember the good old days when Toonami was great. Actually I think Toonami is where I actually watched my first anime series all the way. I remember the Midnight Run. :heh: Back when I was in high school I use to sneek out of bed at 11:45 and watch Outlaw Star and Dragonball Z. I also enjoyed Yu Yu Hakusho, Zoids and G Gundam alot but there was nothing quite like the thrill of defying bedtime to watch something you weren't suppose to be watching. :-$ [-X :secret:
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

The end of Toonami started with Migoozi

Yeah, that and then the horrid dubs.
then again, they had those back in the day too..

I miss the days of Sailor moon, and Thundercats..
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Zyuuzu Jaggerjack
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by Zyuuzu Jaggerjack »

Yeah, when they started messin' with Tom, that's when things got wonky. I can still see myself rushing home from school to catch the very first episode of Dragonball Z. Man those times were good, but now...sigh, ah well, once Naruto went into filler episodes is when I officially checked out so...Adieu Toonami, and sweet dreams. ^_^
Colette Is My Waifu! My smexy, beautiful waifu ^_^
The Rage
Absolute Otaku

Post by The Rage »

SASSZAIN wrote:The end of Toonami started with Migoozi

Yeah, that and then the horrid dubs.
then again, they had those back in the day too..

I miss the days of Sailor moon, and Thundercats..
I thought the same thing when Migoozi came on.
I miss the old days as well...
Since when does something have to make sense to be logical?
Chrono Paladin
Absolute Otaku

Post by Chrono Paladin »

I miss Toonami, too. And I am shamed at Cartoon Network for killing off my childhood memory. That's why I don't watch CN so much no more (I'll only watch that channle for Flapjack, Courage the Dowardly Dog or Star Wars: Clone Wars from now on). But thankfully, Toonami Jetstream is still there and we still have Adult Swim. And eventhough there's luckily a replacement for Toonami called Action Flicks, I just don't feel it's the same.

And yeah, TOM 4 was so ugly. He looked less kick-ass and more like some robot off a space-themed educational show for pre-schoolers.
R.I.P. Steven Irwin, V-Tech, Heath Ledger, George Carlin, Bernie Mac, Isaac Hayes, Michael Jackson, Billy Mays, Taco Bell dog, Brittany Murphy, Garry Coleman, Ronnie James Dio and Toonami (although at least it reincarnated as Toonzai!)
Ignited
Help Haiti!