Digimon Adventure 2020

Discussions about anything anime-related.
Tucker
Newbie Otaku

Digimon Adventure 2020

Post by Tucker »

So we have a retelling of the original Digimon adventure story updated format modern age with cellphones and everything. The first few episodes cover the "our war game" movie before getting into the rest of the series. Andit's fantastic. In the original the kids all kinda knew each other and were at summer camp. Not so and the kids get introduced slowly and are mostly strangers. It's fantastic. I do hope it gets dubbed and I so hope they will be able to get the original voice actors back. It would be nice to hear Tai and Matt...it might be nostalgia but i wouldnt mind if they used the dub names too. They weren't terrible and I cant imagine kids wont care.
Yo everyone! It's The Brown-Eyes Boy here!
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Re: Digimon Adventure 2020

Post by Tyche »

Thanks for posting this! I look forward to checking this out!

Edit: ok so I should've gathered from your post that it would be different but I didn't think it would be this different! That said, I'm only on episode 2, and haven't seen the original in a loooong time, but other than the characters none of this is ringing a bell. It's making me want to watch the original after this and see which I like better. I do appreciate having familiar faces though. I'm not sure I'd be as interested if there was a whole new cast. I think part of the reason I stopped being interested in Digimon in the first place is because it stayed too far from its roots.

Btw, who's your favorite character and digimon?
"Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."

"If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. You want to change the world? There's nothing to it."
Tucker
Newbie Otaku

Post by Tucker »

I own the original dub run on DVD..unfortunately it doesnt come with the original japanese dub with eng subs. As good as the original run is my main problem with the dub, ad an adult that is, how many God-awful puns there are. I enjoy a good pun and tell loads of bad ones myself, but the english dub is too punny, even in majorly serious parts. I'm really liking this 2020 run a little bit more. I like the simultaneous slowing down of some story bits and speeding up of others. When you get a little further in you will see what I mean. Its nice learning the characters again as they are getting to know each other.
Patamon has always been my favorite main cast digimon and izzy/koshiro has been my favorite human.
And back at you. Favorite human and digimon
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

My opinion might change once I finish this series but I remember liking Matt a lot as a kid. IIRC he was a total edge lord and if that's true I might not care for that much as an adult. Forgive me for this but I'm on my phone and looking up/returning to post is a pain so I'm going to describe by appearance: I always liked the design of the cowgirl but as a kid I found her accent cringe and never gave her a chance. I'm looking forward to experiencing her personality with a refreshed mindset.

As for digimon, I can't remember if Gatomon is in the first season but if she is then it's her hands down. If not, I like the seal's...travel form? Base form? Idk what you want to call their most common form. But Garurumon is the bomb and I had a transforming action figure of him as a kid. Gabumon's arms are weird though. Don't care for Gabumon at all.
"Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."

"If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. You want to change the world? There's nothing to it."
Tucker
Newbie Otaku

Post by Tucker »

I had a transforming agumon figure as a kid. It would go from agumon to wargreymon. Also I forgot to mention my favorite overall digimon is gommamon and all of his evolutions and especially zudomon. A nurse turtle-walrus that wields a hammer I think they call mjolnir? Sign me up for all of that!

But I found it on hulu and got caught up with all of it. 2 episodes to go and holy crap it is really good and amazballs