Your lie in April

Discussions about anything anime-related.
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Your lie in April

Post by Tyche »

So I'll admit I'd been giving this one a hard pass for a long time having heard of it but not knowing what it was about. Typically, slice of life/drama isn't my thing like it used to be in high school, but it was on Netflix and I decided to give it a chance.

I was surprised to learn it's a music anime and I have to say I'm loving it! Bring a musician I'm a sucker for music anime. Not only that but it has some elements of sports anime, too.

The characters are charming and full of personality. If music, romance, drama, or slice of life interests you, give this one a shot!
"Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."

"If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. You want to change the world? There's nothing to it."
Tucker
Newbie Otaku

Re: Your lie in April

Post by Tucker »

THIS FREAKING ANIME!!!!!!!!

I really need to watch it again
is so beautiful and
Spoiler
Show
so damn tragic!!!! And the main reason I havent watched it again is cuz I don't know if im ready to hurt like that again buts it's just really good.
this is definitely one in my top 10 and I do keep meaning to check out the piano in the forest and another music one I think is called Carol and Tuesday that takes place in Mars where no music exists or something like that. A quick Google search could tell me, buts that's all the way in the websites under G and I'm here at AbsoluteAnime which starts with an A....serious go to YouTube and search for galatic mermaid. That song will change your life...that goes you too too Moderator who must approve my post.

But yeah the band geek in me flipped out. I was percussion and drumline for matching band
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

Sorry I havent replied yet! Been a busy week. I'm still working my way through this anime and I'll listen you the song you suggested soon.

Finale spoilers:
Spoiler
Show
I wish Kaori didn't die. I feel like there's so many anime these days with a story where the girl inspires the boy but then she dies. I was hoping for something like Stargirl where the inspiring girl is just eccentric and weird. Le sigh
Anyway, I started watching Carole and Tuesday. I like it so far. It's a nice, mostly chill/relaxing music anime I can watch while I rock my daughter to sleep.

*Edit: Nice, I played trumpet in marching band and piano for about 13 years.
"Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."

"If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. You want to change the world? There's nothing to it."
scallopedfeliz
Baka Otaku

Post by scallopedfeliz »

It's the most mostly chill time....
AkiiiToshi
Newbie Otaku

Post by AkiiiToshi »

I watched this anime before and I loved it so much! I want to watch it again but I don't know where. This is one of my favorite anime, I appreciate someone has made a thread about this.