What is the difference bewteen anime and Manga

Get answers to all your specific anime questions.
Blue-eyed Valon 2485
Visitor

What is the difference bewteen anime and Manga

Post by Blue-eyed Valon 2485 »

So whats the difference

WhoWantsToKnow
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by WhoWantsToKnow »

It's the medium.

Manga is the Japanese version of a comic book, though manga is typically in the neighborhood of 200 pages and can range all over the place in terms of content. They can come either in digest format (like <i>Shonen Jump</i>, now available in newsstands) or as whole volumes of a running story.

Anime is animation, what you see on TV, video, or in theaters. Most of the time, an anime is inspired by someone's manga, though not always (<i>Evangelion</i> and <i>Stellvia</i> are two series that started as anime).

Blue-eyed Valon 2485
Visitor

Post by Blue-eyed Valon 2485 »

Good english

pirating_punk
Visitor

re: What is the difference bewteen anime and Manga

Post by pirating_punk »

MAnga and Anime rule. And how could you not know the difference?! no offense, but Don't you own both, or at least, seen em? Neat stuff, i like it.

Symos
Absolute Otaku

Re: re: What is the difference bewteen anime and Manga

Post by Symos »

pirating_punk wrote:MAnga and Anime rule. And how could you not know the difference?! no offense, but Don't you own both, or at least, seen em? Neat stuff, i like it.

With this company distributing anime, it gets blured.
http://www.manga.co.uk
In an uncaring universe it is up to us to determine our own destinies.

Dark Lilly
Ex-Moderator

Post by Dark Lilly »

>Anime is animation, what you see on TV, video, or in theaters. Most of the time, an anime is inspired by someone's manga, though not always (Evangelion and Stellvia are two series that started as anime).

++Well said. However, you could add that animation = any animated movie or TV show regardless of origin while the common connotation of Anime indicates that it comes from Japan.
Stand back! This old Otaku has PMS, a broadsword, a double bladed battle ax, a flail, dagger in her teeth and a pistol in her belt.

The Siren
Visitor

Post by The Siren »

Unto what Dark Lilly, said about you can link Anime to Japan, this is not true, some think that the word anime came from Japan, it's actually a french word, that the Japanese took and adapted it to animation or anime.