Need help finding an anime movie! - Dont know title

Get answers to all your specific anime questions.
HellRaiserXX
Visitor

Need help finding an anime movie! - Dont know title

Post by HellRaiserXX »

Hi!

I am trying to find an anime movie I saw a long long time ago when I was like 7 years old. I dont know the name of it at all, but I remember quite a bit about it.

I remember it had a bike gang in it and the main character drove a red bike. I know sounds like Akira, but it isnt. The bike could turn into some kind of battle suit. There was a big structure in the center of town that he attacks towards the end and he fights other robotic battle suits, some had swords. Quite graphic as far as violence goes.

I especially remember one part that was a space battle and a ship was attacked by these metal tenticle things that tore everybody on the ship to pieces.

That is all I remember from it and I would love to find it and watch it again. Hope my memories are enough to deduce what the movie is.

Thx,

HellRaiserXX

Symos
Absolute Otaku

re: Need help finding an anime movie! - Dont know title

Post by Symos »

Sounds like Megazone 23. Never saw it in it's original form but the footage was used as part of Robotech the Movie.
In an uncaring universe it is up to us to determine our own destinies.

<Mobile_Turn_X>
Visitor

Post by <Mobile_Turn_X> »

It is Megazone 23. I just rewatched it a couple of weeks ago, and the description fits perfectly.

HellRaiserXX
Visitor

Post by HellRaiserXX »

Wow thx a lot guys, now just have to find it! If anyone else thinks its something else please post here, but for now Ill look for that one.

THANKS!!!

Duuz
Uber Otaku

Post by Duuz »

No, Mobile X has it right on the money. ADV released it I believe there are 4 parts to it.
"Charge! The Goddess of Victory is flashing her panties at us!" -Bittenfeld / Legend of Galactic Heroes

<Mobile_Turn_X>
Visitor

Post by <Mobile_Turn_X> »

3 parts actually, 1st one is 90 minutes, the 2nd is 90, and the last movie is 100 minutes. Great trilogy, I highly recommend watching it.

Duuz
Uber Otaku

Post by Duuz »

3 parts, the last time I saw it there were 4 episodes. Did they cram the last 2 on one DVD to make it 3 parts?
"Charge! The Goddess of Victory is flashing her panties at us!" -Bittenfeld / Legend of Galactic Heroes

Visitor

Post by Guest »

sorry for the late reply, electrical storm blew out my computer, (I'm using my friend's computer right now). I considered the two episodes of Megazone 23 Part 3 as one part, because the box said it was only 3 parts.

HellRaiserXX
Visitor

Post by HellRaiserXX »

Was there a remake of this in the 90's? I bought part 1 and it is not quite what I saw way back when. I think I got the original 80s version which was apparently just released on DVD. It is similar to what I remember, but I remember the animation being a lot better and Ive seen 2 versions of part 1 in stores. Heh, if there was a remake Ill have to buy that one now. If so, if anyone wants the one I have, its brand new, I only just finished watching it, drop me a line.

Looking forward to hearing back.

HellRaiserXX

Duuz
Uber Otaku

Post by Duuz »

2 Versions of part 1? You don't suppose it was the version of Robotech the movie you saw? God I hope not.

Carl "the Razor" Macek if you must know hacked up Megazone part 1 to make his attrocity Robotech the movie. Most fans would like to forget about this.

HellRaiserXX
Visitor

Post by HellRaiserXX »

If you go to Amazon.com and search for Megazone 23 it gives 2 different vol 1s. One the main guy has big hair and the other short hair on the covers. I dont know what the difference is.

HellRaiserXX

Sanger Zomvolt
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sanger Zomvolt »

They are the same, just licensed by different groups, Image entertainment and ADV. I can't really say which one is better, because my version of Megazone 23 is the Asia Media Central version, but I suggest to go with the ADV one, its more recent, and I have been satisfied with ADV's quality of their dvds before.
"Believe in the oath sworn through courage"

Visitor

Post by Guest »

Well I bought the whole MZ 23 series and I liked it, but the way things happened was different than I remember. I am just wondering how similar the Robotech Movie was to MZ 23.

The way I remember it events in episode 2 of MZ 23 happened before the ending of episode 1. Also, the scenes that I did recognize had a different feel to them. Like the scen in episode 2 when they are shooting pool in their hideout and EVE comes on the TV naked. I remember it as being in a bar with a big screen and she is singing naked w/ the effect of being suspended in water and they are shooting pool.

I was young so my memory could be muddled, but I just want to make sure.

Thx

HellRaiserXX

D
Visitor

Re: Need help finding an anime movie! - Dont know title

Post by D »

i saw this anime movie a few years ago it was a love story about a guy and a girl that get torn apart by a war and they keep in touch by texting, but the further the get from each other the longer texts take . i think the girl ends up dying they fight in gundam like robots

Windstalker
Baka Otaku

Re: Need help finding an anime movie! - Dont know title

Post by Windstalker »

Hey guys I need help finding a movie also don't know the name. But remember a lot about it.

Ok do this boys village is attacked by this beast and he kills the beast but infects him with some sort of dark curse a increases the size of his arm by about three times it's normal size. The boy gets information that the great healing tree in a forrest far far away can heal him and take off the curse well on his way there he runs into a group of farmers being attacked as he trys to slip by the mauraders two chase after him and his arm takes control of him and kills both men with his bow and arrow over a great distance. He finally makes it near the Forrest and is attacked by a pack of talking wolves and is rescued by a group of travellers that carry firearms. Does anyone recognize this movie at all?