Character Changes

Get answers to all your specific anime questions.
Yama
Visitor

Character Changes

Post by Yama »

How do you feel when the charcaters names and personalities are change from the Manga version to the Anime version? Please give examples

kowaiibaka
Visitor

re: Character Changes

Post by kowaiibaka »

I HATE IT!!!! especially when 4Kids Entertainment changes it. like from Hao Askura in Shaman King to Zeke. Zeke is the worst name ever. I like the name Hao... and Horo Horo to Trey Racer, that's worse

-=Bea-chan=-
Visitor

Post by -=Bea-chan=- »

I hate that too. It really got me mad when they did that Sailor Moon. I'm guessing America thinks that nobody is going to read the mangas and watch the anime. Either that or they think Americans don't want to waste their time saying japanese names.

Visitor

Post by Guest »

I have to agree, in some cases I do prefer the orginal names than the adapted one's when brouhgt over to the good old USA. When I read or see the orginal manga, anime, movie, etc ..., I came across of a few that are better in the american form. Just for simplicity.

The Siren
Visitor

Post by The Siren »

Yeah, like the other person said, like in One Piece they changed Roro Zorro to Roro Zolo, which sounds so dumb. Some names just should stay the way they were meant to be. If it's to complicated, I'll go for something simplier.