Eureka Seven Ending Explanation

Get answers to all your specific anime questions.

Have You Watched All The Eureka Seven Episodes

Yes
95%
No
2%
So Verry very close, but sadly NO
3%

Total votes: 895

knight
Baka Otaku

Re: Eureka Seven Ending Explanation

Post by knight »

but in the movie its sort of the opposite and the endin still confuses me very much i really dont understand it at all
guest232433452
Visitor

Post by guest232433452 »

I just watched every episode in the last 3 days and this topic has helped answer some questions. Since it was recently posted in and I still have some questions, I hope I can still get answers from you.

Most notably, I'm confused about the worlds. When Renton and Eureka go past the great wall and end up on the beach, it's mentioned that they're on Earth in Africa... how did they get there? And how come later when the army blows a hole in the ground can they go down there to where Renton and Eureka were, which I thought was Earth? It doesn't piece together for me. Were they always on Earth? I don't know what is going on.

And for the Scub Coral at the end, the command center is destroyed. Then for some reason when Dewey kills himself, Eureka suddenly transforms and is trying to be forced to become the new command center (I can't remember proper term). But she resists and never becomes it. So what happens to the Scub Coral? What happens to Nirvash and where does she go? Is the Scub living peacefully with humans now?

When Dewey killed himself, what exactly was supposed to happen and why did it happen? He had that compact drive embedded in him, but how did that happen? When he did it, the collars on Anemone and Eureka reacted. Anemone somehow got out of it but Eureka fully transformed and was seemingly forced to try to become the new command center for Scubs until Renton broke into the sphere and she was fine.

And I'm also confused about the part where Renton meets his sister in that exterior-library place. That was where the Scub command center was, but was it all an illusion? And that leads back to the world matter, where I thought they were on Earth but then the command center was destroyed by the army. I'm just not sure of the differences here.

Maybe I watched it all too fast and missed too many things... It took far too long to watch the weekly episodes back when it aired so I practically stopped thinking about it because I was just going to start watching it all much closer together, which was these last 3 days.
NeroGaiden
Baka Otaku

Post by NeroGaiden »

guest232433452 wrote:I just watched every episode in the last 3 days and this topic has helped answer some questions. Since it was recently posted in and I still have some questions, I hope I can still get answers from you.

Most notably, I'm confused about the worlds. When Renton and Eureka go past the great wall and end up on the beach, it's mentioned that they're on Earth in Africa... how did they get there? And how come later when the army blows a hole in the ground can they go down there to where Renton and Eureka were, which I thought was Earth? It doesn't piece together for me. Were they always on Earth? I don't know what is going on.

And for the Scub Coral at the end, the command center is destroyed. Then for some reason when Dewey kills himself, Eureka suddenly transforms and is trying to be forced to become the new command center (I can't remember proper term). But she resists and never becomes it. So what happens to the Scub Coral? What happens to Nirvash and where does she go? Is the Scub living peacefully with humans now?

When Dewey killed himself, what exactly was supposed to happen and why did it happen? He had that compact drive embedded in him, but how did that happen? When he did it, the collars on Anemone and Eureka reacted. Anemone somehow got out of it but Eureka fully transformed and was seemingly forced to try to become the new command center for Scubs until Renton broke into the sphere and she was fine.

And I'm also confused about the part where Renton meets his sister in that exterior-library place. That was where the Scub command center was, but was it all an illusion? And that leads back to the world matter, where I thought they were on Earth but then the command center was destroyed by the army. I'm just not sure of the differences here.

Maybe I watched it all too fast and missed too many things... It took far too long to watch the weekly episodes back when it aired so I practically stopped thinking about it because I was just going to start watching it all much closer together, which was these last 3 days.
The most of things are still unknown and we can only speculate, but I can explain you that Dewey sort of had it all planed...
Spoiler
Show
He knew that people was actually on earth because it was his family the one that kind of directed all the plan to leave earth behind... He (somehow) knew about the command cluster and he guessed that the limit of life would not be reached at the exact moment the command cluster was destroyed...He knew that anemone and eureka had the power to become a replacement and if he died he could not prevent them to do it so he had put those collars on Eureka and anemone to revert the trappar flow to kill them so they could not become a replacement for the command cluster in case he died... but somehow they managed to get rid of it and eureka started becoming the command cluster... thats kind of a plan B that only he knew about...he didnt care of getting killed because in any case he would die...he just wanted to destroy the world and kill everyone...thats basicly what I was able to get...they never explained why he had that compac drive in his chest but I guess that he got it from a corallian girl just as Norbu did...or by weird experiments just as anemone's that is not really important...
Well thats it, now what I think about the final episode is that...
Spoiler
Show
Renton and Eureka were going to become the command cluster but Nirvash as a direct messenger of the corallians let them go, and told them to be happy... she/he/it?? left with the half of the corallians and the half of humanity... so they came toearth and here is where I have two theories... the letter renton gives to mauriece, is maybe the Registration Renton and eureka made before the whole matter begins of she as Renton's wife and the kids as his chilldren...maybe!!! and that is why mauriece after reading the registry says that he was their father and he was the only one who could save their mother (Eureka) and he left it with mauriece because he thought he might not be comming back since he was decided to become the command cluster with Eureka if he had to and they would need that so Axel (granpa) could be sure they are really Renton's kids...at the end they dont become the command cluster...

That if the letter is a registry as I said... if it is not...if it is just the letter Axel sent him or something else...my theory would be that they really went back to Bellforest...and married and registered the kids as theirs then they went wandering arround the world on Honeymoon and spreading Rainbows (Kind of kidding but actually yes, being happy) this I didnt realize here... it came to me trying to sleep but without being able to and painfully bleedding my brain trying to figure it out...this would be a very happy end and what I would have loved at 50th episode...
Welll... the movie (though i think it was great and loved it too) didn't answer our questions... the only thing that is true and we can be sure of, is that they left a complety open final... which you could guess is for the making of movies, ovas or something they can sell... I just hope they come with something like it and fulfill our spectations, I just hope so and I also beg God to help us with it...
Visitor

Post by Guest »

In the ending, it shows them in a random forest as two butterflies or two things with glowing green wings. The only thing we can make out is the wings but the two are on their home planet and not too far from Belforest. Also, I believe there's a quick image of Dominic and Anemone before they zoom in on the Eureka and Renton with wings. The pink hair tends to be a give away as she was the only one with pink hair in the show! And the picture does seem like it may be fan made.
Visitor

Post by guest »

I forgot to mention that the last one has SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS ARE ABOVE!!! DON'T READ IT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE SPOILERS!!!
Random
Visitor

Post by Random »

I think there was a comment made in this post that said that Talho had lost the baby? If that is true than that is fricken' depressing.
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hardcore »

So many unmarked spoilers.
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
superjiraiya
Visitor

Post by superjiraiya »

Can someone post a link to that picture of Eureka, Renton, Axel and the kids? It'de be pretty cool to see.
AHardDayzNight
Visitor

Post by AHardDayzNight »

SPOILERS

I may be a little late here but i just finished watching the anime (after having it here for about a year i actually didn't start until know and man did i miss out)

I believe that Renton and Eureka are sent back to Earth by the Nirvash because at the end it says that their residency information is filed for 12006 (present year) so if Eureka and Renton were not on Earth and not living in Bell Forest there would be no reason to file residency for Eureka, only the kids. When they are in the forest before it zooms in closer you actually get a glimpse of the moon in the water. Also when the camera zooms out again it shows Earth which means it was currently zoomed in there. I think it's safe to say that they are in Earth.

The only things that don't seem to fit are why Holland says "he chose to become one of them", it may be that he believed because all was working out that Renton must have become one of them also because he did not see yet that the Nirvash sent them back. Also Maurice asking if it was alot of trouble for him that the kids had come there. It implied that they had come alone without Eureka and Renton but looking at the facts from above that may have just been implied. The Grandfather also says "Renton's the only one that came back, and now i have three incomparable great-grandchildren. That's proof more than anything else" The last line where he says that's proof also implies that he means came back figuratively instead of physically. Maitre also wishes upon the star for Eureka and Renton to "finally be with them again" which means that they have been gone for a while. Yet when she says that no tears or any sign of them really missing them is shown that may hint at it simply being some sort of elongated vacation. Remember that these kids cried about everything and the fact they don't here must mean that they know they will be back, or that they have seen them since back on the gekko.

I don't believe that the letter of residency was what Renton gave Maurice but instead it was the note that he was holding under the table that is briefly flashed. Again that may have just been a letter from Renton to the kids that didn't play major significance in the ending.

Why they would be in a forest somewhere in the world is completely unknown to me, and i think that much of the controversial points in the ending were made by Bones simply to cause fans to go crazy and keep the series alive just like we are doing right now. As for final ending i would have to conclude that it is in fact a happy ending with the whole family in Bell Forest.
BLARG
Visitor

Post by BLARG »

hhhmmm might be a little late here =\

But i just finished watching eureka 7, amazing anime.

I was satisfied with the ending but still they left the show at a cliffhanger. And btw i agree that they might stay on earth for a little longer, and it might take a while for them to get back because, as I recall, they are trapped on earth. They cant contact the Gekko because the nirvash is gone. As a matter of fact they might be trapped there for a LONG time until Holland or somebody decides to rescue them.

The movie was even more strange, it contradicted the entire series!

I thought the nirvash was excavated, but i guess it had to appear as a tiny fat fairy thing meh =\
The ending was strange in the movie too, only question ive got is that what was that gray Gekko ship thing flying towards them in the end :O perhaps it will be explained in a new series? :D plus when did eureka grow her hair so quickly and lose the clothing, idk but it seems to me that eureka and renton have aged maybe 1 - 3 years. Pluswhyd renton give eureka his jacket lol, id prefer her nude :O and if you ppl are wondering why holland is dying because of the devilfish, its because he needs to take special drugs in able to pilot it.
thebunnyhunter
Visitor

Post by thebunnyhunter »

Spoiler(even though this entire thread is for spoilers and at the top is the warning)(Please forgive grammatical errors, Im not and English major and im running on little sleep)(oh and all info is from anime)

First of all, finished watching Euerka seveN after a marathon of two days and little sleep, and it was awesome. Watching it all in one go can get a little emotional.

I content with saying that Renton and Eureka are on Earth but did not go to Bellforest yet. Renton and Eureka both say "Lets go back to our planet!" and there writers have no reason to contradict those words, also what Nirvash says in Line <2> below is enough for me. As for if they returned to Bellforest, I think it is near impossible to tell that. One of the letters that was left did say that they would be wondering for a while. Some think that the Registration Letter that Alex has was made after the Second Summer of love and others think it was one of the two letters that Renton left behind. I looked at the letter Alex had and one of the two left behind and they dont match up, but they do look similar.

Renton says "If you're choosing to give up being a Coralian in order to protect this world, then I'll give up being a human." Does this mean Renton became a Coralian with Eureka. At the end they are both seen with the beads flashing on there foreheads, so my guess is that he is now not human.

What bothers me at the ending is what both Nirvash and Gonzy words mean.( I labled the lines for easy refernece)
Nirvash-
<1>"Now your memories have been engraved in my spirit, now we can finally reach enlightenment. <2>Live on this planet. Live together and show the way to all life on the planet, carrying the light of hope with you.
<3>Not all life will remain on this planet. Half will come along with us.
<4>But Renton, Eureka, if you two return to the planet and further evolution by uniting we will one day return to you, I believe that day will come".
Gonzy-
<5>"from this point onward, you in this space, and we in another space, will reach for the mutual acceptance of humans and Coralians. There's no reason evolution has to stick to one path."

I guess i'll go line by line to keep my thoughts comprehensible
Does enlightenment in Line <1> mean that now the Scab Coral is able to comunicate more effiecently without coalescing? In line <2> is showing the way of life teaching Humans how to live properly with the Coralians? In line <3> is the life that is just being taken just the Scab Coral and all the things it coalesced with, or more literally half of all life including humans? Are the taking them back to the scab corals planet to teach the scab coral? In line <4> does it mean after Renton and Eureka teach the world that the Coralions will come back with the life they took? In line <5> is gonzy implying that while the two life forms are separated that they will continue to learn to live with each other, and that leaving Renton and Eureka and taking half of the planets life for that purpose? So that one day once reunited they can live together in harmony on Earth?

Sorry about my ramblings, it probably made alot more sense when writing this that reading it, but i feel that writing this helped me make more sense of the ending for myself.
Athos

Post by Athos »

I'm going to lock this topic to prevent spam. If anyone has something to add to this, then please PM me or another moderator and we'll unlock it.
Member of the ModSquad 8)