Eureka Seven Ending Explanation

Get answers to all your specific anime questions.

Have You Watched All The Eureka Seven Episodes

Yes
95%
No
2%
So Verry very close, but sadly NO
3%

Total votes: 895

reidevin
Visitor

Re: Eureka Seven Ending Explanation

Post by reidevin »

ok the R E bit show R+E if i remember i thought rentom + eureka if not i got noo clue! i am not human!
Kron
Visitor

Post by Kron »

Was it R E or R C? cuz it was the same ring that charles was wearing so... Ray & Charles?
Dunno if ur even talking about the ring but if u are.. thats my explanation, how it got in amber? no idea XD
p00rb0i
Visitor

Post by p00rb0i »

Spoiler
Show
They did show Eureka and Renton back on earth at the very end of episode 50. they showed them in the dark with their red and blue blinkin lights and you can see the silloute of eureka and her wings
Shoe
Visitor

Post by Shoe »

Spoiler
Show
Yeah, we know they came back because:
A) Grandpa said "Renton was the only one in our family to ever come back"

B) Why the hell would Grandpa take the kids in if Renton and Eureka hadn't declared they were their children to him? I mean, if Renton didn't come back, do you really think Holland would just fly over in his Gekko Go and tell gramps "yh lulz, these yo great grand kids" and fly off again? lol, no.

C) Saw them blinkin' away in a forest somewhere

So we know they come back... but what's irritating is that it didn't define it enough... Like when you see two characters kissing but the kiss itself is blocked by an arm or whatever, you know they're kissing but you're still itching to see it properly.
I hope this movie is a sequel to the main story. Even if it's not an antagonist based story and just shows the characters in their new lives it would still be worthwhile.
matlai17
Visitor

Post by matlai17 »

Ok three questions. First, exactly why would the limit of questions be reached had Eureka not refused to become the substitute control cluster?
Second, was Holland mistaken when he stated that it was obvious that Renton had "chose to become one of them" (or something like that).
Third, what happened to all the scub coral? Was it like I understand, that they went into another universe from the humans?
Jeon1958
Visitor

Post by Jeon1958 »

Spoiler
Show
The whole story of the anime ends at 12005 according to their timeline. However, on the last episode Eureka is registered as a Thurston family member on 12006 april 2nd, a year after the second summer of love incident. This could mean that Renton and Eureka registered Eureka's and their kids name in some other place around the world. The reason they might have done this is because it may be illegal in that country to marry unless your 16 or older. In other words, they waited until they turned 16 and married in som other place in the world? and resgistered their kids and Eureka? Which also means that Eureka and Renton are alive in earth (otherwise they wouldn't have been able to register) and is returning home. The reason for their delay is still a mystery. A movie version of Eureka seven will come out sometime around this year, and I am expecting (well, more like hoping) that it will have an explanation of what happened in between the one year period (12005 - 12006) which we were not able to see.
siopao
Visitor

Post by siopao »

well, for one thing, according to the wiki on eureka 7, the movie will feature a different mythos, so sadly,
Spoiler
Show
no explanation for why eureka and renton left.
if you remember in the last episode,
Spoiler
Show
before renton left on the new nirvash, he handed a piece of paper to maurice. i think its the same piece of paper gramps was holding a year after the 2nd summer of love (which according to the subs i watched was basically saying the three kids are eureka and renton's children. wish i knew Japanese to confirm thou :/).
personally, i think eureka and renton
Spoiler
Show
are on a honeymoon or something. why they would go on one for a year is beyond me thou XD. gramps did say renton came back with eureka. whether or not he meant that "in spirit" or literally i still havent decided.
as for the coral,
Spoiler
Show
i think they started the whole process of colonizing a planet all over again. remember the episode where the origins of the coral was explained? i think thats what happened. at least to half of the coral (according to nirvash).
LoneWolf41390
Visitor

Post by LoneWolf41390 »

Idk.. I do agree with many of the things that have been stated here but one thing, I do not agree with..
Spoiler
Show
I do not believe that Renton and Eureka have made it back to Bellforest to see the children and Axel yet.. Axel does say that Renton's the only family member that has returned, but the proof of that was in Renton leaving his and Eureka's children with his grandfather, not that Renton actually physically returned to say hi.

The ending has me scratching my head a lot and it sucks trying to make sense out of everything without any doubts.. :( Ending's that can be taken in many different ways get me so confused which makes me wish that I could find an article from Bones or something that truly sets the record straight!

My final thoughts are:

-What was the point of the amber'ish' covered ring with the "R & E" inscription on it. Was waiting for them to have two copies to wear or something.
-Did Eureka and Renton positively; without a doubt; with actual evidence, make it back to the planet? If not, why is it taking a year+ to make it back? If they did make it back, what the heck are they doing in the forest standing there, and not seeing their children and Axel? (this 'honeymoon' speculation doesn't seem to make sense to me)
-What's going on with Gekko State?
-Dominic and Anemone?
dmr177
Visitor

Post by dmr177 »

Alright lone wolf, I can at least answer your question about Dominic and Anemone. However, it is just as much of a mystery as the ending concerning Renton and Eureka. In the last scene during the credits for a brief moment when the camera is veiwing Belle Forest park, there is a tent with two figures (Domnic and Anemone) who are looking up a the moon. Obviously, the couple is still going strong, however I have no idea as to what they are doing in the park, perhaps they are waiting for Renton and Eureka, or they could possibly just be admiring the moon.
I have noticed that this ending leaves almost every single topic about the characters open, like about Holland and Talho's baby and about what the Gekko will do now that there is no military to run from. Any insights?
Visitor

Post by Guest »

I believe that Bones left the ending open to stimulate fans to write fanfiction, or to keep a watcher thinking about the anime. I still can't understand why tho...do they enjoy ambiguity? Do ambiguous endings appear in their other anime productions?

My largest question is the R to E ring found on the beach encased in amber. Since the Nirvash vessel didn't travel millions of light years or centuries into the future, why does the duplicate of Renton's ring to Eureka exist? How the [censored] did it come into being?! And how did it appear in amber?!
Visitor

Post by Guest »

sorry for the double post, but this is the same person

I did some research (rewatching some episodes), and
Spoiler
Show
the R to C ring that is in Renton's possession is Charles Beams' ring which was on his finger before Ray activated his suicide bomb. I initially believed that the R to E ring was purchased by Renton, and it was customized to have those engravings, but I was wrong.
Now, I am willing to go on a branch here and make a conclusion about the R to E ring.
Spoiler
Show
I don't know too much about Japanese traditional culture, but in most Asian cultures parental approval of one's fiancee is very important to the success of the marriage. Since Gonzy is revealed to be of Coralian origin, we can safely assume that he was observing the new couple, "radio"ing back to Scab Coral HQ how their relationship fares. Also, this ties in with Norbu forcing Gekkostate to play soccer: how well Renton and Eureka work together (if that isn't already shown w/ the numerous shots of them piloting Nirvash together). Perhaps Sakuya let him in on what was about to happen and he acted on it. Regardless, that area underground is the Command thingie of the Scab Coral. It wouldn't be too crazy to imagine that they've left that ring there to show their unanimous approval of their relationship. How they create it is probably through E7's cop out of "OH LULZ SCAB CORAL CAN MANIPULATE TEH LAWS OF PHYSICS." And so, the list of Scab Coral magical powers include tactile telekinesis. Combined with Gonzy's reconnaissance missions, Scab Coral alters "R to C" to "R to E."
Best explanation I can come up with...perhaps I missed another detail - I just finished marathoning E7.

By the by, I'll register here. Call me TAO.
Slasher_7555
Visitor

Post by Slasher_7555 »

dmr177 wrote:I have noticed that this ending leaves almost every single topic about the characters open, like about Holland and Talho's baby and about what the Gekko will do now that there is no military to run from. Any insights?
This was brought up to speculation on Episode 50 when Talho and Holland have their dramatic scene with Holland saying " i was too late to save my older brother". Talho adds in that they were "too late" on everything they've done. which brings up the Possibility they missed the time and the baby isn't coming.
-
AS for the end i'm still confused after reading these 2 pages i've noticed more of the stuff that has been remarked. but still brings up the question on whether they're really there or not, that it's not their "memory" or there in thought for saving the world. as stated above i beleive that axel saying Renton is the first to come home is more of the figurative mannor instead of physically. And i might have missed it, but where did it say it was one year later between the times of Renton and Eureka falling back to earth to when axel is lookn after the three kids. i missed it somewheres. was it in the news paper he was reading wen they were eating at the diner? I watched and own entire series in English dubbed so i dnt get the sub where it reads what the japanese writting is in the picture.
-
As for the Movie. i don't really know from what i've seen and read about it they've went in a compeletely different direction as Renton Eureka and Nirvash growing up tgether? least thats how it seems in the trailer. i cant wait to see it but i wonder if it will be any good at this point. they should've made the movie continue off of how the series ended, to answer and solve the unanswered questions. or maybe create a series 2 or even an ova that can go into greater details
Slasher_7555
Visitor

Post by Slasher_7555 »

Slasher_7555 wrote:
dmr177 wrote:I have noticed that this ending leaves almost every single topic about the characters open, like about Holland and Talho's baby and about what the Gekko will do now that there is no military to run from. Any insights?
This was brought up to speculation on Episode 50 when Talho and Holland have their dramatic scene with Holland saying " i was too late to save my older brother". Talho adds in that they were "too late" on everything they've done. which brings up the Possibility they missed the time and the baby isn't coming.
-
AS for the end i'm still confused after reading these 2 pages i've noticed more of the stuff that has been remarked. but still brings up the question on whether they're really there or not, that it's not their "memory" or there in thought for saving the world. as stated above i beleive that axel saying Renton is the first to come home is more of the figurative mannor instead of physically. And i might have missed it, but where did it say it was one year later between the times of Renton and Eureka falling back to earth to when axel is lookn after the three kids. i missed it somewheres. was it in the news paper he was reading wen they were eating at the diner? I watched and own entire series in English dubbed so i dnt get the sub where it reads what the japanese writting is in the picture.
-
As for the Movie. i don't really know from what i've seen and read about it they've went in a compeletely different direction as Renton Eureka and Nirvash growing up tgether? least thats how it seems in the trailer. i cant wait to see it but i wonder if it will be any good at this point. they should've made the movie continue off of how the series ended, to answer and solve the unanswered questions. or maybe create a series 2 or even an ova that can go into greater details
Same person forgot to mention this at the end I'm still unsure what Holland means at the end when he says " He Chose to become one of them, he'll be a even greater hero, even greater than his own father" does that mean Renton is now a croalian living with eureka, or figuritivly that he's now one of the great heros. that he's joined the few whose saved the planet in the past
Orange-kun
Visitor

Post by Orange-kun »

Just as note of consistency I am of the opinion the ending falls into the "happy" category. The year passing indicates symbolism associated with the passage of time as events move forward. I do not think it is a spoiler to say at the end both Eureka and Renton say happily "The End", regardless that would convey they are together as when separated or disgruntled it showed in the ending sequence. More notably the complete absence of the to be continued. To paraphrase Shrek this anime was like an onion oh so complicated yet strangely satisfying... if you like onions that is...
AlexP
Visitor

Post by AlexP »

I believe Holland means that Renton became a hero. Since he says: "He became one of them, a hero. Even greater than his father was."

Also the last episode clearly shows Nirvash sending Eureka and Renton back to earth. Nirvash is taking the scub coral to another universe. This probably the one mentioned earlier, that was supposed to be on the other side of the event horizon that created when a part of the scub coral exceeded the question limit.

Renton has yet to return to his grandfather. But I think Gramps knows he is coming, since his grand-children are already with him. That is proove for him that Renton will come home. I believe that what Gramps means in the last episode.

Dominic and Anemone are shown sitting on\near a motorcycle together watching the moon. They'll live happily ever after.

As for why Renton and Eureka haven't physically returned to bell forest? I don't know, but the last shot clearly shows the two of them on earth, I suppose on their way to their family.
AlexP
Visitor

Post by AlexP »

Just found out why Eureka and Renton are not home yet at the end. The note Maurice got from Renton says something like: "After writing this note, I have to save Eureka. I plan to wander around for a while, but I will come home"

I saw this in an AMV i just watched on youtube. The fansub I watched didn't have this translation on the note.