Profiles and Anime Background Info

Get answers to all your specific anime questions.
tails_adventures_2040
Visitor

Profiles and Anime Background Info

Post by tails_adventures_2040 »

Hi, I'm fairly new to the anime forum/website world and wondered how Character / Anime Profiles are obtained for sites such as this one.

Also what permission requirements etc would be required to post such information on a website which obviously would include the original source of the information in the text.

Thanks if you can help!

Tails Adventures 2040!

WhoWantsToKnow
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by WhoWantsToKnow »

The anime and character profiles you see come from netizens like you. I myself gather information from all over the net as well as from my own experience (having watched a great deal of anime).

If you wish to cite or quote from a particularly informative site, I would imagine that the usual conventions apply; be sure to acknowledge the source of your information. Generally, text and images that are posted to a website can be copied and used elsewhere so long as they are cited properly. If a site does not wish you to use the information, they will usually post disclaimers explaining such.

tails_adventures_2040
Visitor

Post by tails_adventures_2040 »

Cited meaning to refer to the original website and creator of the images in question one reads.

My question was raised as I am developing my own website about anime and it will ensure that all copyrights to the anime distubtors and sources of information are made accordingly.

What is the position in reference to Absolute Anime (which would be cited properly) in the use of profile information stored here?

Tails Adventures 2040!