Pirate Anime

Get answers to all your specific anime questions.
ginger262
Visitor

Pirate Anime

Post by ginger262 »

I'm trying to put together an AMV and I need show suggestions. Does anyone know of any good shows with pirates or sailors? Nothing too cute, the darker, the better. And if you know of anything with a whale in it, that would be fantastic. Thanks!
Slash
Uber Otaku

Re: Pirate Anime

Post by Slash »

The obvious choice that comes to mind is One Piece, and it has a giant whale right before they get on the Grand Line. One Piece started out as a semi-kiddie show, but if you watch the latter episodes, like the CP9 arc, it gets pretty sweet. The CP9 arc has the best fights I've ever seen in anime, bar none.

Outlaw Star has space pirates, if you're open to the idea of nontraditional pirates.

That's all I can think of though...Might have to sift through my collections to see what else.
"Yeah, that's right. Turd Ferguson. It's a funny name."
Jessie-Kah
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Jessie-Kah »

ONE PIECE
ONE PIECE
ONNEE PIECE!!

lol i just wanted to say one piece cause its "TOTALLY AWSOME"!!
unfortunately that is the only one i knO!! and yes i do relize that slash has pointed it out. But i just wanted to make sure you saw ONE PIECE XDD
Maybe its not my weekend
But its gonna be my year
And im so sick of watching while the minutes pass as i go nowhere
And this is my reaction, To everything i fear
Cause ive been going crazy i dont want to waste another minute here
Slash
Uber Otaku

Post by Slash »

Heh, yeah, One Piece is where it's at. Might go as far as to say it's my favorite of all time? Dun-dun-dun. But yeah, if you havent checked it out, you should.
"Yeah, that's right. Turd Ferguson. It's a funny name."
ginger262
Visitor

Post by ginger262 »

One Piece is good, I checked it out. It's a little bit too cute for what I'm going for, though. Do you know of anything darker? It doesn't have to be about pirates, just anything with ships and sailors. I might need a church or monastery as well.

Thanks for your help!
Duuz
Uber Otaku

Post by Duuz »

If you want more space pirates as non-traditional pirates there's Sol Bianca, an all female space pirate crew.

And how could any one forget the legendary space pirates Captain Harlock and Queen Emeraldus.
"Charge! The Goddess of Victory is flashing her panties at us!" -Bittenfeld / Legend of Galactic Heroes