Looking for Baseball anime from the 80's

Get answers to all your specific anime questions.
Jovenitto
Baka Otaku

Looking for Baseball anime from the 80's

Post by Jovenitto »

Hi guys!

Been away for a long time... too long!
And to (re)start my participation in the forum, I have a question for you...

I'm looking for an anime that I saw when I was a little kid. The anime was about baseball,
around the 80's.

For starters, it is not one of these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:B ... _and_manga

There is a kid that can throw a baseball that disappears (because of the wind currents in the stadium he plays in), and thus noone can hit it. I think he learned this throwing technique from his father, but I may be wrong.

But then appears a rich kid that figures out where the ball will appear (with computers and stuff, he can calculate it) and can hit it.

So, the main character has to find a new way to throw the ball. This time, the ball appears as it is 7 different balls (it's nothing more than an optical illusion),and the batter can't figure out which one to strike.

I don't remember how this "7-in-1 ball" is defeated, but the main character has again to find a new way to throw the ball. This time, it's a fast ball. I mean, a reeeeaaaallyyyy fast ball, that even breaks all the batters' bats.
Then a fat kid appears with a special bat (based on the idea of those suspended logs that the budhist monks have in their monasteries, that never breaks when they hit their giant bell). it is a perfectly cylindrical bat, with rounded edges. He hits the ball with the butt of the bat, and the bat doesn't break, but the ball is still very tough to send in the right direction, so they end up hitting balls for quite some time.
Finally, after a lot of throws, he finally hits the ball just right, sends it for a home run and the bat splits in half, right down the middle.

At this point in time, the anime stopped airing here in Portugal, so I can't provide any more details.

Please help me, I'm starting to think I'm nuts, because I can't find anything anywhere about this, not even a picture or anyone talking about it. ](*,)

Thanks

[Edit]
It is not any of the animes that appear in this video:
http://www.truveo.com/Old-School-Anime- ... 2382879933

Some scenes are from One Piece and Samurai Champloo, but it is not any of others too. :cry:
[/Edit]
"What I Think About..." My Anime Reviews
"Love and Peace!" Vash The Stampede

Jovenitto
Baka Otaku

Re: Looking for Baseball anime from the 80's

Post by Jovenitto »

13 days and absolutely no one has ever hear of this??? :twitch:

Am I just crazy and imagined all that???
Please help me before I pull all the hair from my head!! ](*,)
"What I Think About..." My Anime Reviews
"Love and Peace!" Vash The Stampede