Greek myth animation

Get answers to all your specific anime questions.
Duuz
Uber Otaku

Greek myth animation

Post by Duuz »

I have helped many people here with a anime titles they can't remember and now I have been beating my brain senseless over something that I can not remember the title to. I'm not even sure it was an anime movie. I just know it was not made by Disney and it is not the anime Arion.

It was a movie of a series of animated shorts all featuring myths of the Greek gods. The hunter that was caught peeking on the goddess Artemis as she was bathing, she turned him into a deer and he was chased and killed by his own dogs. Apollo's son took his father's chariot of the sun out for a wild ride one day. There were some others to it but I remember those parts well. All set to music in a Disney like Fantasia way.

All I can remember is seeing this back in the 80's, so many of you younger fans will probably have never heard of it or seen it. I may be an Uber Otaku but even I can get stumped sometimes.
"Charge! The Goddess of Victory is flashing her panties at us!" -Bittenfeld / Legend of Galactic Heroes
Duuz
Uber Otaku

Re: Greek myth animation

Post by Duuz »

Ok more info. The hunter's name was Actaeon. And it's not the series I've found on Youtube Mythic Warriors. Actaeon actually dies in this animation off screen mind you, which is why I believe it to have been an anime.
"Charge! The Goddess of Victory is flashing her panties at us!" -Bittenfeld / Legend of Galactic Heroes
Mista Cola
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Mista Cola »

Duuz
Uber Otaku

Post by Duuz »

I've found it, Orpheus of the Stars was one of it's titles. It's also titled as Winds of Change.