Looking for information on music from older anime.

Get answers to all your specific anime questions.
TexityTex
Baka Otaku

Looking for information on music from older anime.

Post by TexityTex »

I hope it's not bad form to create an account for the sole purpose of asking a question, but I fear I have little other choice.

From the old 1989 *think* series Dominion Tank Police, there was a song that played at the end. An instrumental flute piece with a few sung words. "I adore you, 'til the end of time."
After conducting a search I have found that the name of the song is Brown Eyes, however that's far from specific enough to yield any positive results on the internet.
I'm looking to find the artist responsible for the song, and download the song in mp3 format, but I have been unsuccessful thus far in my attempts to find this information.

Here is a link to the song on youtube.com.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSZ7R1ZWp6c

Any help provided would be most appreciated. I'm simply at a loss.
I once owned the song but due to a recent move, those folders of CD's are missing.
I figured the best place to come to find this information would be to a site populated by the most dedicated anime fans.
Thank you.

-Tex
Hardcore
Absolute Otaku

Re: Looking for information on music from older anime.

Post by Hardcore »

Well, I'm no help. But you could've just posted this as a guest, couldn't you?

And, you should stay around instead of leaving after you get the answer. We need people.
Decisions to decisions are made and not bought, but I thought this wouldn't hurt a lot. I guess not.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

I can make that an mp3
You should stay around, as Iri- I mean, Cookie.. Has suggested. If i see you around more, i'll give yah the mp3, as well as the rest of this dudes songs lol
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Visitor

Post by Guest »

Well posting as a guest seems a bit impersonal. As I'm asking those in the know for information, I wanted to be formal and as polite as possible. :-)

As for sticking around, I've been coming around and looking at this site for quite some time, well at least a year-ish, just never had the need to post anything. My anime knowledge/experience is trivial at best. When one's tastes are pretty much limited to Robotch/Macross, Battleship Yamato, and Cowboy Bebop, one strains to keep up with other series' conversations. So I hop in, look around, do some reading, and come back in a day or two to do the same.

Sasszain, actually, that's what I have at the moment is a stripped mp3, but it's quality isn't that great. The crux was that I'm really after the artist's information, with the mp3 being a perk, if it's ripped at a high quality bitrate.

Thanks again, and don't worry, I'm here, just a quiet person.
Mista Cola
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Mista Cola »

Some quick googling yields these results:

Brown Eyes is actually the name of the artist; the song's title is "I adore you."

Here's a directory of the dubbed (?) soundtrack. I'm not sure what you're looking for in terms of quality, but 128 kbps is still a vast improvement over the 64 kbps from YouTube rips. Plus, I don't think a higher bitrate version exists anywhere.

Good luck with the artist info. It seems like some obscure group/singer that never quite made it. I can upload the whole soundtrack if you want though.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

Mista Cola, you jerk XD I was saving that info as a reward for him staying around XD
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Mista Cola
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Mista Cola »

Oops. :-"
Well if it helps, I think you two discouraged him from sticking around the moment you tried to bribe him with the info. xD
Peppermint Pole
Baka Otaku

Post by Peppermint Pole »

lol ur funny but i tink he left alredy o.o
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

you should follow suit, and leave as well.
TexityTex
Baka Otaku

Post by TexityTex »

No, I'm still here I assure you. :-)

Thank you for the link Mista Cola, I can't believe it escaped me that Brown Eyes was the artist not the song. Nevertheless, thank you.

I'm around. I just don't talk much.

Thank you all for posts and help.
SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

HOLY CRAP
HE RETURNED
AND HAS A COOL PIC!

Sup ;)
Anti-Cheat
Visitor

Post by Anti-Cheat »

Hi!
I've been looking for this music for ages and can't find it! There IS a Dominion Tank Police soundtrack but it's not the UK(dubbed) version. The UK version has 4? songs that aren't in the original soundtrack and they are so awesome!!! As stated earlier in the post they are by the artist Brown Eyes who apparently does not exist. I tried to look up Central Park Media who released DTP in the states but they don't exist, then I found out on wiki that it was a UK dub and Central Park Media just leased the rights. As for the one song, you could just record it from the DVD because it plays in it's entirety at the end of the last episode, but there are others that are incomplete or have talking over them so I really want to find all the tracks from the UK dub. Any ideas? ](*,)
AkiiiToshi
Newbie Otaku

Post by AkiiiToshi »

Wouldn’t it be as simple as googling the title of the series then write OP or ED? From then, skim through the list of numbers by season. Well, that’s how I search them. If the song you’re looking for is not an ED or OP then it’s probably a character theme. If it’s an ambient music then you’ll need all the luck it takes to win the lottery.
Last edited by webmaster on Aug 01, 2023 7:42am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed spam link