Where is this from?

Get answers to all your specific anime questions.
SilverZeo
Visitor

Re: Where is this from?

Post by SilverZeo »

Is is any of these? If so, which one?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Giaffy4EVER
Athos

Post by Athos »

Hm...If I had to take a guess, I'd guess it'd be the anime 'Tiger Mask.' It was created around the late sixties to early seventies. It was both an anime and a manga. The series is about wrestling though. From what I was able to to via a simple Google image search, there is an image on the large tiger's forehead. Here us a blown up copy of the mask. Also from what I understand, it's a series. However, I'm just unsure on how to explain the giant tiger in an anime about wrestling.

Here is also a clip of the opening of the series here
Member of the ModSquad 8)
SilverZeo
Visitor

Post by SilverZeo »

Athos wrote:Hm...If I had to take a guess, I'd guess it'd be the anime 'Tiger Mask.' It was created around the late sixties to early seventies. It was both an anime and a manga. The series is about wrestling though. From what I was able to to via a simple Google image search, there is an image on the large tiger's forehead. Here us a blown up copy of the mask. Also from what I understand, it's a series. However, I'm just unsure on how to explain the giant tiger in an anime about wrestling.

Here is also a clip of the opening of the series here
Maybe it's a dream sequence or background story for the tiger? Know any episodes that hand those elements?
Athos

Post by Athos »

No, I am unable to find an episode listing. But interestingly enough, I was thinking it came from a dream sequence. Also, the first tiger mask was released in 1969 and ran until 1971. Total episodes (according to one site) is 105.

Frankly, not sure where to go to find an episode list. Apparently, it was a big hit in Saudi Arabia. I watched 2 clips of Tiger Mask II w/ Arab dub. It's almost like these people have super powers when performing their wrestling moves.

I would be asking around for people who have actually watched 'Tiger Mask'

You could always go to ebay for a box set I bet.
Member of the ModSquad 8)