What are your Favorite Anime Endings?

Get answers to all your specific anime questions.

What is the best type of ending?

You may select 1 option

View results

Dio
Visitor

What are your Favorite Anime Endings?

Post by Dio »

Do you have a memory of an Anime ending that just stuck with you? Did it make you laugh? Did it make you cry? Did it make you question your existence? Let me know!

noodles87
Ex-Moderator

Post by noodles87 »

I guess the ending for Tsukihime kinda left me wondering. Just watched it recently and it seems unfortunately there won't be a sequel :cry: . Sad ending, but not too much to make people cry. Well girls might...
I'm a facebook whore.

Flame|of|darkness
Visitor

Post by Flame|of|darkness »

***Cries***

I cried in the last three episodes of Fruba... (Fruits basket)
Heck... I cri at not sad parts....I'm odd

Starry
Visitor

Post by Starry »

I thought the Fruits Basket ending was really sad too...though I only cried during the last episode...

So-Na
Visitor

Post by So-Na »

:cry: Yeah Fruits Basket was really sad...i cried all the time during that series even the happy parts :cry:

Ender
Uber Otaku

Post by Ender »

I thought the ending of Gundam Wing was pretty good, cause it setup 4 more sequels or spinoff.
Happy holidays

Squall!Kiba!Yusuke!Cloud!
Visitor

Post by Squall!Kiba!Yusuke!Cloud! »

I think the ending of wolfs rain was pretty good, it was sad though, and if you didnt watch or understand the other episodes you wouldnt understand it

munch_the_bishi
Visitor

Post by munch_the_bishi »

Neji wrote:I thought the ending of Gundam Wing was pretty good, cause it setup 4 more sequels or spinoff.

Indeed! Couldn't had done it better even if it tried.

J.Kudo
Visitor

Post by J.Kudo »

I likrd the ending of Ghost In The Shell... left me thinking...

munch_the_bishi
Visitor

Post by munch_the_bishi »

I really liked the ending of Hellsing. ^_^
Could have used more Walter.

Velrick vest'ul
Visitor

Post by Velrick vest'ul »

cowboy bebop had a really good ending

Jarlaxel
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Jarlaxel »

the endings that make you think are always the best
In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.
AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH.... BLUE..... FLAIR..... BLAST!!!!!
http://keronzi.4t.com

Dark Lilly
Ex-Moderator

Post by Dark Lilly »

Knight Hunters Eternity!!!! Sad, sad, sad, sad, sad. And unexpected.

RahXephon. Woah. Now I'm worried about 2012.

Argentosoma. Different. Liked it.
Stand back! This old Otaku has PMS, a broadsword, a double bladed battle ax, a flail, dagger in her teeth and a pistol in her belt.

Ender
Uber Otaku

Post by Ender »

Jeezz I hear this Knight Hunter's ending is so depressing....you wanna tell me what the big deal is or what happens towards the end?? Does like an important guy just die or something or is there something much more tragic?
Happy holidays

josh
Absolute Otaku

Post by josh »

i cant really judge...not sure..........if the main character dies thats pretty good....tragic i guess

but for books 'happy endings are good' and where everything get wrapped up into a nice package'
anyway......................
great friends: Jesus Christ. Dragon X. Locke. Ender. Bambi. Russel.

Dark Lilly
Ex-Moderator

Post by Dark Lilly »

Neji says: Jeezz I hear this Knight Hunter's ending is so depressing....you wanna tell me what the big deal is or what happens towards the end?? Does like an important guy just die or something or is there something much more tragic?

SPOILER ALERT. IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN KNIGHT HUNTERS ETERNITY AND WANT TO, DON'T READ ANY FURTHER.

The Knight Hunter guys are "good" assassins retained by an undercover organization that exacts vigilante justice on the bad guys the cops can't seem to catch. Each one has something awful in his past that made him perfect for the job. Each of them wrestles with how right or wrong they are to be doing what they are. Ran, also called Aya, is more or less the leader of the group. Not long after the last battle the guys fight as a group, you see Ran handing a nun at an orphanage a stack of bills and saying, "Don't thank me. Just take it." He looks very uncomfortable when she blesses him. A little girl gives him a flower.

Soon you see him walking down a crowded street. A disreputable looking guy in an alley hands a kid some money and a knife. The kid runs up the sidewalk, smacks into Ran and runs away. You see Ran falter but continue walking. You see him reach to steady himself on a mailbox. You see blood dripping onto the pavement. You see Ran sort of slide down the mailbox where he sits slumped in a pool of his own blood as visions of a pleasant time pass through his mind. You see what might be the only smile to be on his face in the entire series. The "camera" pulls away from him and you see him slumped against the mailbox as people walk passed him. They don't say he dies, but it is strongly implied.

Now in my personal fantasy, I'm a CIA agent that's been tracking the White Cross organization and happened to have been tailing him that day and so save his life. I look really hot, he falls in love with me........
Stand back! This old Otaku has PMS, a broadsword, a double bladed battle ax, a flail, dagger in her teeth and a pistol in her belt.