New SEED movie

Sanger Zomvolt
Absolute Otaku

New SEED movie

Post by Sanger Zomvolt »

Originally posted by Gunota Headlines:
Gundam SEED goes theatrical?
Rumors on 2ch said to be from the Sony Music Anime Fes' 06 are that it was announced that there'll be a Gundam SEED movie.

It is known, through a radio commercial for this month's Newtype, that the magazine has "big Gundam SEED news" though early issues don't appear to have come out yet to confirm what exactly that news is.

Edit: Sunrise confirms the rumors, stating this will be the first completely original Gundam feature film since Gundam F91 came out 15 years ago. Mitsuo Fukuda will be the director.
I have litle hope for the SEED universe as is, as it has been flushed down the drain by the stinker that was SEED Destiny. Hopefully, this movie can redeem the SEED franchise. Fukuda has shown that he can do a good show, provided he works at his own pace. With a movie, he has no such constraints, and so I will be optiistic about this movie.
"Believe in the oath sworn through courage"
Persiaisis
Absolute Otaku

Re: New SEED movie

Post by Persiaisis »

what was wrong with SEED Destiny?
http://groups.myspace.com/absoluteanimerox
check out AA's myspace group
Sanger Zomvolt
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sanger Zomvolt »

I really don't want to explain this again, as I have stated my opinion on GSD many times in the past. However, I will say that the Director of GSD, Mitsuo Fukuda, apologised for creating Gundam Seed Destiny, stating that he failed in his goals, and produced a substandard anime. I believe that is all that is needed to be said.
"Believe in the oath sworn through courage"
DDslayer
Visitor

Post by DDslayer »

I live in australia i havent seen GSD but from what ive herd from you it sounds absloutly crap
Duuz
Uber Otaku

Post by Duuz »

GSD is not much different than a knock off of Zeta Gundam, only worse. So if you've seen Zeta you pretty much got the basic idea, just make the story worse.

So what is this Seed movie? Seed Athrun's Counter Attack? Seed F91? Sorry, I just couldn't resist that. Especially when my favorite F91 is mentioned in the same news with Seed.
"Charge! The Goddess of Victory is flashing her panties at us!" -Bittenfeld / Legend of Galactic Heroes
DoubleImpact
Visitor

Post by DoubleImpact »

You guys have no idea what you're talking about. The Seed series is my favourite anime.
Pink Supervisor|EL
Absolute Otaku

Post by Pink Supervisor|EL »

well everyone has an opinion... i actually prefer evangallions orginal ending... does that make me a bad person, or a person likes being confused, still that talk was pretty deep...

anyway... good to know about the movie thx ^_^ i'll keep that in my waiting for subtitles to appear and watch on youtube list
Assassin of the Black Knights
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!
Duuz
Uber Otaku

Post by Duuz »

KiraYamato wrote:You guys have no idea what you're talking about. The Seed series is my favourite anime.
And Seed isn't much more than a re-write of the original Gundam.

So far Gundam Seed Stargazer has been promising, the tank battle against a Jinn in a city was pretty cool. A lot harsher than Seed has been when you see what's piloting the Jinn.
"Charge! The Goddess of Victory is flashing her panties at us!" -Bittenfeld / Legend of Galactic Heroes
DoubleImpact
Visitor

Post by DoubleImpact »

Really! Can you tell me where I can find episodes?
Duuz
Uber Otaku

Post by Duuz »

Am I allowed to provide links to downloads here?
Let's just sat it was as a torrent how I aquired it, I've got the second episode ready to begin. But Legend of Galactic Heroes takes a higher priority right now, episode 86 is ready for download!

Gundam Seed Stargazer isn't really a full episode however as each installment is only 15 minutes long. Which is the only dissapointment so far, they've feature an upgraded Buster and Duel Gundam not piloted by the ZAFT pilots, and the story takes place around the same time as GSD beginning. As the falling of Junius 7 and they show the results of the impact on the Earth. Which is a nice addition.
chrno
Visitor

Post by chrno »

Hai...I'm a gundam seed fan too...errr...to me..if they join the story of GSS with GSD plus the kira and athrun together..I think It will make the story more interesting...however..Stargazer Gundam quite nice too..hahaz..
Neo-Nigguro
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Neo-Nigguro »

Duuz wrote:GSD is not much different than a knock off of Zeta Gundam, only worse. So if you've seen Zeta you pretty much got the basic idea, just make the story worse.

So what is this Seed movie? Seed Athrun's Counter Attack? Seed F91? Sorry, I just couldn't resist that. Especially when my favorite F91 is mentioned in the same news with Seed.
Thats not surprising considering the fact that Seed was a rip-off of the original gundam. So whats next double zeta? Although I shudder to think what a rip-off of a piece of crap like ZZ would turn out like. The thing that was so frustrating about double zeta was the fact that it had so much potential, yet it turned out so bad though we can blame Tomino's tendency to follow a tragedy with a comedy.
EarlyMike mah bro. Reppin New Jersey the original dirty dirty
Now Ani's b****

The Bold Brothas never die fools
Duuz
Uber Otaku

Post by Duuz »

Hey, I finally seen the 3 part of Gundam Seed Stargazer. They pretty much smashed every Gundam in the end. Big battle out side the station where the Stargazer was being built and tested. And a few mobile suits that I couldn't quite identify, they weren't ZAFT suits and didn't look like Earth mobile suits, the UT-1D Civilian Astray DSSD Custom I think. A new varient to the Gundam Astray.
kylc
Rookie Otaku

Post by kylc »

the movie is coming in 07.
GS SERIES FAN ORIGINALS
THE DRIVE OF GS SERIES HAS RISEN AGAIN
GS SERIES REMAKE INTO TV OR MOVIES
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYChQHSnayE
Articficial Life Creator
Rookie Otaku

Post by Articficial Life Creator »

I wouldn't exactly say Gundam Seed is my favorite anime beacuse I have re-written the whole series over a three-year period.
My friend Ash wants to see Destiny but I'm not sure because of all the abuse its been taking.
Is the third installment really going to be called 'Eternity?'
Fairytales have come to life
Duuz
Uber Otaku

Post by Duuz »

If you must see Destiny watch the first 9 or 10 episodes of it. It goes down hill after that, at least that seems to be the majorities concensus of it. Unless you really are Seed fan and haven't seen any other Gundam series, the fish doesn't know it's wet.