Whats your favorite gundam mobile suit

Duuz
Uber Otaku

Re: Whats your favorite gundam mobile suit

Post by Duuz »

Hey Zengar, I've already posted this in another thread but I think it needs repeating just for the humor in it.

Gundam Wing is like Gundam's version of Power Rangers.
Consider...

Power Rangers: A team of 5 that must work together to win.
Gundam Wing: A group of 5 that must work together to win.

Power Rangers: They fight hordes of nameless enemy soldiers and can clean their clocks with ease.
Gundam Wing: They fight squads of cannon fodder mobile suits and wipe them out without nearly a scratch on them.

Power Rangers: They only loose when a boss type character shows up, then they must upgrade their powers.
Gundam Wing: They only loose at a critical point in the plot or when a boss mobile suit shows up, then they must upgrade their Gundams.

Power Rangers: Each ranger has powers and abilities unique to that character.
Gundam Wing: Each pilot and their Gundam has a weapons load and abilities unique to that pilot and Gundam.

Lastly
Power Rangers is a sentai series, meaning it's a genre of Japanese superhero stories, where five teenagers are granted heightened abilities and incredible martial arts skills.
Gundam Wing is like a sentai series where five teenagers are granted heightened abilities and incredible martial arts skills.

Just laugh with it, it's partially true for the most part.
"Charge! The Goddess of Victory is flashing her panties at us!" -Bittenfeld / Legend of Galactic Heroes
Kaze
Visitor

Post by Kaze »

Lestat69_99 wrote:Isn't there already a topic close to this? Well anyways... For common type MS I always had a thing for the MS-07B Gouf. Ramba Ral basically overwhelmed Amuro how many times while piloting a Gouf...

For the gundam types I like GX-9901-DX Gundam Double X. I beleive this suit could take out anything the SEED Universe could come up with....
Yes Gouf is a great mobile suit, I love its heat saber.
Kaze
Visitor

Post by Kaze »

As for my favorite Mobile Suit, it would have to be the Gelgoog, and for gundam I love Deathscythe Hell Custom. I also like the Core Booster as my favorite Mobile Armor.
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Zengar Zonbolt wrote:I love the Kaempfer
A few people like the Kaempfer that I know to bad it wasn't showcased that well in war in the pocket

lets see my favorite fedy mobile suit is the zeta gundam.

And from the zekes it would have to be the Quebeley.

My friend told me that wing is kinda of like a retelling of zeta. Is this true? I did notice that wing gundam is awfully similar to the zeta
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
lactigger
Visitor

Post by lactigger »

Epyon, is one of my favorites. I also like the Gouf custom in 0079
PK-Sora
Visitor

Post by PK-Sora »

nigguro wrote:
A few people like the Kaempfer that I know to bad it wasn't showcased that well in war in the pocket

lets see my favorite fedy mobile suit is the zeta gundam.

And from the zekes it would have to be the Quebeley.

My friend told me that wing is kinda of like a retelling of zeta. Is this true? I did notice that wing gundam is awfully similar to the zeta
The Kaempfer was showcased good, it took down about tweleve federation mobile suits untill it ran into the RX-78-2-NT1
emmet
Visitor

Post by emmet »

The Tall Geese
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

PK-Sora wrote:
nigguro wrote:
/quote]

The Kaempfer was showcased good, it took down about tweleve federation mobile suits untill it ran into the RX-78-2-NT1

yea but weren't they just gms plus, most fedy pilots suck, it would have been better if instead of it having a bunch of fights that it won easily, to just have bernie fight agianst mackenzie
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
Lestat69_99
Absolute Otaku

Post by Lestat69_99 »

Kaze wrote:Yes Gouf is a great mobile suit, I love its heat saber.
If you watch the last episodes of 08th MS team, Norris' Custom GOUF was a sight to behold.
"Well, look who's back...Show him why we call it "SPLATTERHOUSE'."
Terror Mask
yukimura
Visitor

Post by yukimura »

My personal favorite has to be the Red Frame, from Gundam Seed Astray.
Sanger Zomvolt
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sanger Zomvolt »

nigguro wrote:
PK-Sora wrote:
nigguro wrote:
/quote]

yea but weren't they just gms plus, most fedy pilots suck, it would have been better if instead of it having a bunch of fights that it won easily, to just have bernie fight agianst mackenzie
You forget, 0080 is not Gundam Wing. In the Universal Century, taking down 8+ Mobile Suits is an amazing feat. And lets not forget that those were High performance GM Commands, GM Sniper II Customs and Prototype Experimental MP Guncannons. Hardly just regular GMs.

And Duuz, I agree with the similarities. in fact, that was actually one of the first things I noticed about Wing, since I used to watch a lot of Japanese Sentai when I was a kid :lol:
"Believe in the oath sworn through courage"
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Zengar Zonbolt wrote:
nigguro wrote:
PK-Sora wrote:
nigguro wrote: /quote]

You forget, 0080 is not Gundam Wing. In the Universal Century, taking down 8+ Mobile Suits is an amazing feat. And lets not forget that those were High performance GM Commands, GM Sniper II Customs and Prototype Experimental MP Guncannons. Hardly just regular GMs.

:

True I do not judge things by wing standards, in fact I think that wing sucks, probably because I was introduced to the universal century way before wing, and in terms of accomplishments it was a really good one. But what I am referring to is the fact that dramactically it would have been better as previously stated. I mean not nearly as good as any of the Zeta battles, but I would have been more satisfied with the ending
Spoiler
Show
and Bernies death

even taking down a few zaku's was a huge feat in 0079 So I realize how amazing it was to take out that many high performance GMs I was just exaggerating.
Fangoram the Shaman king
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Fangoram the Shaman king »

I like most of them realy
giant robots with huge weapons just rock no matter what you call it
I JUST WILL NOT STAY DEAD HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

I guess, but for some reason I really found wing lacking in what I look for in a gundam, I mean for most of it I found myself not caring and wishing that it was over. I mean even the end was anti-climactic.
Duuz
Uber Otaku

Post by Duuz »

Seems like every UC fan likes the Kampfer, it was the first Gundam model I ever got. Still have it, what's left of it, it tried to commit sepeku(sp?) by diving off a tall shelf. It must have gotten jealous when I final got that Gelgoog model.
"Charge! The Goddess of Victory is flashing her panties at us!" -Bittenfeld / Legend of Galactic Heroes
Trishina
Absolute Otaku

Post by Trishina »

wing-zero and freedom.
They say"practice makes perfect" but "nobody is perfect" so why practice.