Absolute Otaku

Re: NEW GUNDAM ALERT!!!!!

Post by Cold Revolver »

Gundam Six Shooter wrote:
Gorby wrote:
Shinobu Sensui wrote:I hope this new Gundam series will be a good one. [-o<
Look on the bright side. Can't be worse than SEED Destiny

AHHH whats with peopel and seed destiyn it wasn't that bad AHHHH I loved it
I agree, the only Gundam I did not enjoy was G Gundamn, I do not think it is wise to mix dragon ball z with Gundam and thats what they tried to do with that series. But seed was excellent. I am hopeful that this new gundam will not disappoint.
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
Lestat69_99
Absolute Otaku

Post by Lestat69_99 »

Tsuchi wrote: Wings of Rean isn't Gundam
I know that...I'm talking Real Robot... Wings of Rean is part of the Aura Battler world which itself was done by Yoshiyuki Tomino...

Errr... Now that I think about it I don't think it is a Real Robot series... It still kicks butt though...
"Well, look who's back...Show him why we call it "SPLATTERHOUSE'."
Terror Mask
Tsuchi
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tsuchi »

i know its made by tomiko....in fact its the last series Yoshiyuki Tomino made
FanGirl Army Second in Command
<>Bleach club 101<> squad 4 captain
Naruko15 - my honorable senpai
Raptor Jesus is the true Messiah
Katsuyo
Absolute Otaku

Post by Katsuyo »

Lestat69_99 wrote:
Tsuchi wrote: Wings of Rean isn't Gundam
I know that...I'm talking Real Robot... Wings of Rean is part of the Aura Battler world which itself was done by Yoshiyuki Tomino...

Errr... Now that I think about it I don't think it is a Real Robot series... It still kicks butt though...

Yeah i heard of that one "the wings of Rean" haven't be able to find it anywerre but i heard of it. oh and Gundam00 startes this sunday in Japan and should be subbed like monday or tuesday, wedesday the latest and i'm gonna watch it no matter what anyone say about it
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*)-Marshal 元帥陸軍大将 Gensui Rikugun Taishō (*****)
PROUD TO BE A CANADIAN
Best Pal: Clamato
When the going gets tough, the tough get GIANT FIGHTING ROBOTS!!!
My japanese name is 飯野 Iino (rice plains) 徹平 Koike (penetrating peace)
Sanger Zomvolt
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sanger Zomvolt »

Speaking of the Aura Battler Universe, ADV needs to get off its ass and print off a few more copies of Aura Battler Dunbine 11 and 12. Its ridiculous how rare these discs are, when 1-10 are available everywhere. And Dunbine is more of a Hybrid, having elements of both Real and Super.

Besides, even if Gundam slowly turns into an uber-robot series, we've got other stuff to look forward to. Macross Frontier for example.
Katsuyo
Absolute Otaku

Post by Katsuyo »

there still going with macross that series is for mthe 80's well the original is.

Oh and Gundam00 came out thsi saterday heres the lin to the episode 1 if anyone here is interested

part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTiENGr6mds

part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg0sB135 ... er&search=

part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hrKVsgT ... er&search=
PROUD TO BE A CANADIAN
Sanger Zomvolt
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sanger Zomvolt »

Yes, there is a new Macross in production. Its called, like I stated earlier, Macross Frontier.

Anyways, I watched the first episode of Gundam 00. It didn't blow me away, but I appreciate the lack of the now cliched Gundamjack.
Katsuyo
Absolute Otaku

Post by Katsuyo »

Sanger Zomvolt wrote:Yes, there is a new Macross in production. Its called, like I stated earlier, Macross Frontier.

Anyways, I watched the first episode of Gundam 00. It didn't blow me away, but I appreciate the lack of the now cliched Gundamjack.

wel there's still more episodes to go
PROUD TO BE A CANADIAN
Hallow
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hallow »

Cold Revolver wrote:
Gundam Six Shooter wrote:
Gorby wrote:
Shinobu Sensui wrote:I hope this new Gundam series will be a good one. [-o<
Look on the bright side. Can't be worse than SEED Destiny

AHHH whats with peopel and seed destiyn it wasn't that bad AHHHH I loved it
I agree, the only Gundam I did not enjoy was G Gundamn, I do not think it is wise to mix dragon ball z with Gundam and thats what they tried to do with that series. But seed was excellent. I am hopeful that this new gundam will not disappoint.
Indeed. G Gundam was an insult to the Gundam franchise.
When life gives you lemons you make lemonade, but I say "LEMONS! Screw you life I want some freaking cherries."
I AM CANADIAN
[divinephoenix is my sexy genie]
This sig is owned by [L is my only letter]... She's also my sexy cat girl.
Sanger Zomvolt
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sanger Zomvolt »

G Gundam was great. As a Gundam anime, it blew, but as a Super Robot anime, it rocked.
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Post by Cold Revolver »

Sanger Zomvolt wrote:G Gundam was great. As a Gundam anime, it blew, but as a Super Robot anime, it rocked.
ROTFL.. you liked G Gundam but not Gundam Seed? Man... Please do not tell me again why you hate seed haha, you have said it more than once. But seed is superior to G- Gundam, they should have not mixed Gundam with dragon ball z.. I of course respect your opinion, its why we are individuals after all.
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

Katsuyo
Absolute Otaku

Post by Katsuyo »

I like both really g gundam and Seed though i haven't really finished watching G gundam
PROUD TO BE A CANADIAN
Sanger Zomvolt
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sanger Zomvolt »

Cold Revolver wrote:
Sanger Zomvolt wrote:G Gundam was great. As a Gundam anime, it blew, but as a Super Robot anime, it rocked.
ROTFL.. you liked G Gundam but not Gundam Seed? Man... Please do not tell me again why you hate seed haha, you have said it more than once. But seed is superior to G- Gundam, they should have not mixed Gundam with dragon ball z.. I of course respect your opinion, its why we are individuals after all.
Dragonball didn't pioneer the elements in G-Gundam. G Gundam takes its influence and elements from classical Super Robot anime from the 1970s and 80s, such as Mazinger Z, Choudenji Robo Combattler V, Fighting King Daimos, Getter Robo, and so on and so forth. The biggest example of this is Domon's brother, who takes the name and likeness from Kouji Kabuto, the protagonist of Mazinger Z, and the template of all hotblooded super robot pilots. Like I said, as a Gundam anime, G Gundam was terrible, but as a homage to the Super Robot genre of anime, it was great.

As a Super Robot anime in the same vein as GaoGaiGar, GoDannar and Gurren-Lagann, G Gundam does not disappoint. Seed is a Super robot anime hiding under a Real Robot facade, while G Gundam does not hide from its Super Robot trappings. It embraces them.
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Post by Cold Revolver »

Sanger Zomvolt wrote:
Cold Revolver wrote:
Dragonball didn't pioneer the elements in G-Gundam. G Gundam takes its influence and elements from classical Super Robot anime from the 1970s and 80s, such as Mazinger Z, Choudenji Robo Combattler V, Fighting King Daimos, Getter Robo, and so on and so forth. The biggest example of this is Domon's brother, who takes the name and likeness from Kouji Kabuto, the protagonist of Mazinger Z, and the template of all hotblooded super robot pilots. Like I said, as a Gundam anime, G Gundam was terrible, but as a homage to the Super Robot genre of anime, it was great.

As a Super Robot anime in the same vein as GaoGaiGar, GoDannar and Gurren-Lagann, G Gundam does not disappoint. Seed is a Super robot anime hiding under a Real Robot facade, while G Gundam does not hide from its Super Robot trappings. It embraces them.
lol, I was only giving you a hard time my friend. I never seen any of those old mecha series you mentioned. Maybe you know where I can watch them however?
Can you find your name?
KarinDretJessKoyue

Sanger Zomvolt
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sanger Zomvolt »

I know. I couldn't resist making an anal retentive comment. I'd say that most people wouldn't enjoy classical mecha, the only reason I tolerate and watch them was because 70s mecha was what introduced me to anime. Anyways, crunchyroll.com has plenty of mecha series, I'll list some of what they have down:

Mazinger Z
Getter Robo
Getter Robo G
Yuusha Raideen
Voltes V
Daimos
Combattler V
Zambot 3
Space Runaway Ideon
Godmars

You should definitely check out Raideen, since RahXephon was derived from Raideen. I'd even say that RahXephon was a Raideen remake.

Space Runaway Ideon is another that was amazing. The TV series was decent, but the movies were mindblowing. Ideon was one of the animes that inspired Evangelion, and you can definitely see parallels in Ideon's second movie, Be Invoked.
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Post by Cold Revolver »

Sanger Zomvolt wrote:I know. I couldn't resist making an anal retentive comment. I'd say that most people wouldn't enjoy classical mecha, the only reason I tolerate and watch them was because 70s mecha was what introduced me to anime. Anyways, crunchyroll.com has plenty of mecha series, I'll list some of what they have down:

Mazinger Z
Getter Robo
Getter Robo G
Yuusha Raideen
Voltes V
Daimos
Combattler V
Zambot 3
Space Runaway Ideon
Godmars

You should definitely check out Raideen, since RahXephon was derived from Raideen. I'd even say that RahXephon was a Raideen remake.

Space Runaway Ideon is another that was amazing. The TV series was decent, but the movies were mindblowing. Ideon was one of the animes that inspired Evangelion, and you can definitely see parallels in Ideon's second movie, Be Invoked.
Nice amigo, Thanks for the great info my friend! I never new about Raideen, I will most def check it out.
Can you find your name?
KarinDretJessKoyue