What Gundam series/movies have you seen?

Duuz
Uber Otaku

What Gundam series/movies have you seen?

Post by Duuz »

Just how many of the Gundam series and movies have you seen or have read the summaries of? I find it silly to put the others down if you have no idea of what they're really all about. I want to know how far into Gundam you really are. Rank them if you like, but just listing one Gundam series only makes you an anime fan. You're not a true Gundam fan unless you like multiple Gundam series. So how much do you know?
"Charge! The Goddess of Victory is flashing her panties at us!" -Bittenfeld / Legend of Galactic Heroes
pitt
Visitor

re: What Gundam series/movies have you seen?

Post by pitt »

I personalliy like the first Gundam series, Gundam winng, 8th MS team was good, and that G gundam i think it was called was also cool (the one where the people move around inside).

but i hate Gundam seed.
Duuz
Uber Otaku

Post by Duuz »

I'm guessing you've only seen the ones on Cartoon Network then. They had Gundam 0080 and 0083 on late at night, and Gundam 0083 was hacked up bad. So bad it was shameful how it aired.

Am I the only one here to have the Zeta Gundam boxed set? And Gundam F91 DVD?
"Charge! The Goddess of Victory is flashing her panties at us!" -Bittenfeld / Legend of Galactic Heroes
pitt
Visitor

Post by pitt »

HAHAHAHA yeah it's true. But after i saw them on toonami i went and purchased the entire series of each of them of a total of 90$. lucky for me there is a place that sells box sets for cheap.
And i never even heard of Zeta gundam and F91???
Duuz
Uber Otaku

Post by Duuz »

Never heard of Zeta or F91? Have you gone to any Gundam websites? Not the fan based ones, most of those are either Wing or Seed. They will tell you nothing of the other Gundam series.

Zeta Gundam takes place after Gundam 0083 where the Titans were formed at the very end. In Zeta the Titans are a military police group that purpose is to keep the colonies under control, by force in neccisary. This gives rise to the AUEG or Anti United Earth Goverment. The Titans use some of the same strong arm tactics the Zeons are noted for, such as gasing a colony.

Some of the original character from the original Gundam return in Zeta, but Char under a new name Quattro is on screen more than Amuro. Zeta is after all 8 years after the OYW.

Gundam F91 takes place 30 years after Char's Counter Attack. There are no Zeta or ZZ characters to carry over as it's assumed most are very old or dead by this time. So it's an all new cast and a new war.

U.C. 0123 The Federation faces a new enemy of the name the Crossbone Vanguard, this is the army from a colony that changed it's name to Cosmo Babylon. Led by a very cruel man Carrozo Ronah. It repeats a lot of ideas of the original MSG, a young pilot of the Gundam although this Gundam is smaller than the original, and Seabook Arno is older than Amuro was at the beginning.

Seabook is only fighting to save his friends and one of them Cecily Fairchild was taken by the Crossbone Vanguard.

They were released of DVD last November. I saw Gundam F91 at the Otakon last year on a big screen. They showed the 35mm film version of it there. Although I had seen it long before it's Otakon premier.

http://www.mahq.net/indexright.htm
Here, more Gundam information.
pitt
Visitor

Post by pitt »

hmmm sound sweet. Do you recommend buying them.
Duuz
Uber Otaku

Post by Duuz »

Depends, how big are you on Gundam? If you're a U.C. Gundam fan then Zeta Gundam is a must as it fills in the story between Gundam 0083 and ZZ Gundam which is followed by Char's Counter Attack.

In CCA they speak of Char allying himself with the A.E.U.G. against the Titans and fighting along side Amuro. Amuro and Char on the same side.

Gundam F91 is just my favorite of the Gundam. It has possibly the most psychotic villain Gundam ever had. Carrozo Ronah aka. "Iron Mask" and his plan on building an empire by the killing off 90% of the human population on Earth and the colonies.

Then F91 has Carrozo's top pilot Zabine Chareux, who some have though to be Char under another name or Char's son. Only problem is Zabine is not a newtype and is only 24 years old, so he can not possibly be Char's son. See Gundam Char's Counter Attack movie for why.
**SPOILER**
Gundam CCA takes place in UC 0093 and Char dies at the end. F91 is in UC 0123, 30 years later. So if Zabine is 24 and Char's son, I'd like to know how Char fathered a son 6 years after he died.
badbird
Visitor

Post by badbird »

I've seen the following:

Mobile Suit Gundam
Zeta Gundam
G Gundam
Gundam Wing
Gundam Seed
Sanger Zomvolt
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sanger Zomvolt »

I've seen
Gundam F91
Gundam Char's Counterattack
Turn A Gundam (all)
Mobile Suit Gundam (all)
Zeta Gundam (all)
08th MS Team (ep 1-9)
Gundam 0083 (all)
Gundam 0080 (all)
Gundam Seed (all)
Gundam Wing (1-13)
Gundam Wing Endless Waltz
Gundam Seed Destiny (1-18)
ZZ Gundam (1-5)
Gundam X (1-3)
Lestat69_99
Absolute Otaku

Re: What Gundam series/movies have you seen?

Post by Lestat69_99 »

I own...

Mobile Suit Gundam (The 3 movies)
08th MS Team perfect collection
0080 War in the Pocket perfect collection
0083 Stardust Memory
Mobile Suit Gundam F91

I'm currently watching Double Zeta and am thinking about trying to aquire Zeta and G-Gundam...

I had owned Chars Counterattack at one point, but the disc didn't work so I took it back and haven't been able to find another.
"Well, look who's back...Show him why we call it "SPLATTERHOUSE'."
Terror Mask
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

I've seen
The 8th MS team
Z<----My current favorite
ZZ
Char's Counter Attack
Gundam F91
Gundam Seed
Wing
m
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Post by Cold Revolver »

I have seen:

O8th MS Team

Char's counter attack

F91

Gundam Wing

0080 War in the Pocket perfect collection

ZZ

Z

Turn A Gundam

Gundam Seed/Destiny
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
Duuz
Uber Otaku

Post by Duuz »

Since I made this thread so long ago I can add Turn A Gundam, the real SD Gundam series and most of MS Igloo to my Gundam list. I should add the first few episodes of Gundam 00 but that one is still being released on TV in Japan.
Zabo
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Zabo »

Seen:
UC
First Gundam (Toonami FTW, I also have the Kurkurus Doan Ep.)
Gundam I (VHS)
Gundam II(VHS)
Gundam III(VHS)
Gundam 08th MS Team
Gundam 0080(VHS)
Gundam 0083
Zeta Gundam
Chars Counterattack
Gundam F-91
Victory Gundam

AU
G Dudnam
Gundam Wing (Toonami 2K FTW)
Gundam X
Endless Waltz
Turn A Gundam
Gundam SEED
Gundam SEED Destiny
Gundam 00

Other Stuff:
Igloo
Apocalypse 0079
Evolve (Through 10 I think)
SD Mk I
SD Mk II
SD Mk III
And some other SDs that I'm too lazy to check the numbers on.
So yeah, I've more or less seen them all. <_<

Macross: Macross Zero..

Yeah, Now I've started on the rival show. ^^
Katsuyo
Absolute Otaku

Post by Katsuyo »

Lets See:

Gundam SEED
Gundam SEED Destiny
Gundam Seed C.E. Stargazer
Chars Counter Strike
Gundam F91
Gundam 08th MS team
Gundam Wing
Gundam wing endlesswaltz
Gundam X

and i'm am currently watching Victory Gundam, Gundam ZZ, and Gundam 00, and planing on watching Gundam 0083
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*)-Marshal 元帥陸軍大将 Gensui Rikugun Taishō (*****)
PROUD TO BE A CANADIAN
Best Pal: Clamato
When the going gets tough, the tough get GIANT FIGHTING ROBOTS!!!
My japanese name is 飯野 Iino (rice plains) 徹平 Koike (penetrating peace)
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Katsuyo wrote:Lets See:

Gundam SEED
Gundam SEED Destiny
Gundam Seed C.E. Stargazer
Chars Counter Strike
Gundam F91
Gundam 08th MS team
Gundam Wing
Gundam wing endlesswaltz
Gundam X

and i'm am currently watching Victory Gundam, Gundam ZZ, and Gundam 00, and planing on watching Gundam 0083

You've skipped 0079 and Zeta :o those are quiet possibly the two best UC series
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"