25%
No
75%

Total votes: 4

Hallow
Absolute Otaku

All main Gundam mechs look the same

Post by Hallow »

Have you ever noticed that the main mech in every Gundam series looks just like the main mechs in every other gundam series.

Honestly, there needs to be better variety in mech design. Sure, there are a few differences, but not much.

Hell, the main mech from Gundam Seed looks pretty much exactly the same as the main mech from the original Gundam. The only difference is that it can have wings put on its back.
When life gives you lemons you make lemonade, but I say "LEMONS! Screw you life I want some freaking cherries."
I AM CANADIAN
[divinephoenix is my sexy genie]
This sig is owned by [L is my only letter]... She's also my sexy cat girl.
Katsuyo
Absolute Otaku

Re: All main Gundam mechs look the same

Post by Katsuyo »

Well yeah i have noticed that the main Gundam in gundam series does look somewhat something like the original Gundam But thats the point, to make the main gundam look something like the original gundam well thats what i think
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*)-Marshal 元帥陸軍大将 Gensui Rikugun Taishō (*****)
PROUD TO BE A CANADIAN
Best Pal: Clamato
When the going gets tough, the tough get GIANT FIGHTING ROBOTS!!!
My japanese name is 飯野 Iino (rice plains) 徹平 Koike (penetrating peace)
Lestat69_99
Absolute Otaku

Post by Lestat69_99 »

It all depends on how one looks at it...

U.C.~ The Gundams of this era are like car manufactures of today. There's never any big changes they just go from model number to model number and all are based of the first Gundam...

Others you can say are done so people can identify with them... You take a glance and can pick out which machines are which. Though designs have varied if you look at say the Turn-A or the F-91...

SEED is pretty much a rehash of the Original Gundam series so I think they kept designs similar...
"Well, look who's back...Show him why we call it "SPLATTERHOUSE'."
Terror Mask
Hallow
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hallow »

How is SEED a rehash?
When life gives you lemons you make lemonade, but I say "LEMONS! Screw you life I want some freaking cherries."
I AM CANADIAN
Sanger Zomvolt
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sanger Zomvolt »

Watch the original for yourself, and you'll see how it is a rehash.
Katsuyo
Absolute Otaku

Post by Katsuyo »

the original is hard to find though
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*)-Marshal 元帥陸軍大将 Gensui Rikugun Taishō (*****)
PROUD TO BE A CANADIAN
Best Pal: Clamato
When the going gets tough, the tough get GIANT FIGHTING ROBOTS!!!
My japanese name is 飯野 Iino (rice plains) 徹平 Koike (penetrating peace)
Hallow
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hallow »

Indeed. Could you tell me where I could find the original?
I AM CANADIAN
Duuz
Uber Otaku

Post by Duuz »

Would you care for the 3 movies or the entire TV series? I ask because DVD Pacific has the movie trilogy box set for $28.21 and the TV series at $8.65 per DVD. Not all are in stock some listed as on order, the movie box is listed as in stock.

I go there for all my licensed anime DVD as I can't beat the prices or shipping costs, not even on Ebay.
"Charge! The Goddess of Victory is flashing her panties at us!" -Bittenfeld / Legend of Galactic Heroes
Hallow
Absolute Otaku

Post by Hallow »

Uh, I'd really rather not buy anything. Could you just tell me a streaming video site that plays it?
I AM CANADIAN
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Hallow Ichigo wrote:Have you ever noticed that the main mech in every Gundam series looks just like the main mechs in every other gundam series.

Honestly, there needs to be better variety in mech design. Sure, there are a few differences, but not much.

Hell, the main mech from Gundam Seed looks pretty much exactly the same as the main mech from the original Gundam. The only difference is that it can have wings put on its back.
You fail miserably, I can tell that you haven't seen many Gundam Series as you would know why you do :/ While all of them have similar colors, if you knew anything about Gundam you would know why. Also consider the name Gundam, which is a specific type of mobile suit, if it didn't have its distinctive features it wouldn't be considered a Gundam. Even considering this they all look totally different, look at Zeta Gundam then look at Turn A Gundam. They all have different features. :/.

I know that http://www.crunchyroll.com has Turn A, Victory, and After War Gundam X, as for anything else find it yourself :/
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"