Blatant rip-off

Pennyroyal Tea

Blatant rip-off

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

I've put off Gundam Seed Destiny for awhile now, but lately I've been watching it.

In one of the episodes I noticed something.

The Akatsuki is a blatant rip-off of the Hyaku-Shiki from Zeta Gundam.

Shinn is basically Kamille but dumber.

And then I saw something that really grinded my gears.

A rip-off of the Black Tri-Stars.

They even used and called it the Jet-Stream attack.

Seriously wtf?
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
Sanger Zomvolt
Absolute Otaku

Re: Blatant rip-off

Post by Sanger Zomvolt »

Those are just some of the reasons why I absolutely loathe GSD.
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

The thing about it is that it wasn't even that bad on it's own, it had an interesting concept. It just didn't have to rehash so many of the older stuff.

If you wanted to do that at least do another U.C series so there is an excuse :/

I also just finished it this morning, and the ending left me feeling all empty inside.

And I'm not saying the kind of empty that is sad at the ending of a good series.

I mean the kind of empty that is like wow this is quite possibly the worst Gundam ending ever because nothing was solved.

And not in one of those deep ways.

Just in one of those ways that makes you wish they didn't make the series.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
Duuz
Uber Otaku

Post by Duuz »

Yes, that the feeling GSD has left with many UC Gundam fans. And the Seedlings just don't understand where all this bitterness towards it is coming from, go figure.

I think They could have done better if they just reanimated the original Gundam and Zeta. It would have made every one happy, the UC fans and their love of the original story and the Seedlings and their love of shinny new animation. Of course then they wouldn't be Seedlings any more.
"Charge! The Goddess of Victory is flashing her panties at us!" -Bittenfeld / Legend of Galactic Heroes
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

They didn't have to make it so obvious, it's alright to borrow here and there since all of the Gundams have a specific theme, and borrowing might enforce it a bit more, but it shouldn't have been so obvious.
Katsuyo
Absolute Otaku

Post by Katsuyo »

yeah they took a lot oof stuff from MSG and put in into GSd though i still like GSd
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*)-Marshal 元帥陸軍大将 Gensui Rikugun Taishō (*****)
PROUD TO BE A CANADIAN
Best Pal: Clamato
When the going gets tough, the tough get GIANT FIGHTING ROBOTS!!!
My japanese name is 飯野 Iino (rice plains) 徹平 Koike (penetrating peace)
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

It was good, except for the ending which absolutely sucked, and the fact the pacing was stupid.