4%
Kou Uraki-Mobile Suit Gundam: 0083: Stardust Memories
No votes

Total votes: 24

J.Kudo
Visitor

re: Best Gundam Pilot

Post by J.Kudo »

to be qite honest... the best pilots in series would probably be either Char or Treize Kushrenada... I say this because both had more experience than their oppsites. Out of the two I would have to say that Treize Kushrenada was probably mroe skilled, as he was readily capable of holding off, and many times nealy defeating, the Wing Zero model, wiht only close combat weaponry, not an easy task...

However out of the list given Heero Yuy was probably the best, however also I believe that Trowa probably beat him in skill as well as Wufei...
My 2 Cents... well more like 10 Cents...
Ukitake_101
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Ukitake_101 »

hey folk new poll is up Best Gundam Pilot 2: Rivals
<>Bleach club 101<> Squad #13-Captain

Broken Dreams may be on par w/ a Broken Heart, but neither equals a Broken Spirit
Kenshin
Visitor

Post by Kenshin »

ok
Visitor

Post by avatar_of_death »

Is Shiro Amada on there as a joke? He's a newbie pilot who can barely take down a Dom....

Kira, Heero, and Amuro are probably the best of the three, but Kira has to fight 4 other GUNDAMs, whereas Amuro has to fight zakus, doms, other amateur soldiers, and occasionally an ace like Char, all with amazing newtype powers, and Heero has to fight Mobile Dolls and people who can't hold there own in a fight, and occasionally Zechs.

Overall, I think Heero is the best, but Kira definitely has the most challenge. As for Amuro, well.......
SerenityPeace
Visitor

Re: Best Gundam Pilot

Post by SerenityPeace »

The best pilot is Kira Yamato.
Lestat69_99
Absolute Otaku

Post by Lestat69_99 »

I voted for Armuro as for a reason...Well Duuz said it best in a different thread so I'll just quote him.

[quote="Duuz"]Amuro is the top pilot over all, the others are measured up to him to see how they stack up. Amuro took down the Big Zam single handedly which shows he can tackle the monsters of Gundam the Mobile Armors.

Kou had to use the Dendrobium against the Neue Ziel and he still lost. The others have never had to fight against machines the likes of the Big Zam, Sazabi, Psycho Gundam and Qubely.[quote]
"Well, look who's back...Show him why we call it "SPLATTERHOUSE'."
Terror Mask
Duuz
Uber Otaku

Post by Duuz »

Hey, thanks for crediting me on that quote Lestat.
We also have to consider the Zeon pilots Amuro fights against aren't the push overs that OZ pilots are or like most ZAFT pilots. I don't remember hearing any Zeon pilot ever screaming in terror "It's a Gundam!" before having their mobile suit scrapped, they fight for all they can to the death.Which make me believe Zeon pilots are more capable than OZ or ZAFT pilots. Which again makes Amuro look better, and Kamile and Judau were fighting against former Federation, Zeon and Axis pilots that survived the OYW.
"Charge! The Goddess of Victory is flashing her panties at us!" -Bittenfeld / Legend of Galactic Heroes
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Yeah I probably would have went with Kamille or Judea since they were super newtypes, but seeing as they are not here I voted for Amuro. And as for wing I do not consider Heero anywhere close to the likes of the above mentioned.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
Lestat69_99
Absolute Otaku

Re: re: Best Gundam Pilot

Post by Lestat69_99 »

Duuz wrote:Hey, thanks for crediting me on that quote Lestat.
No prob, I thought it said what needed to be said perfectly.

Heero was a decent pilot sure, but you have to consider that the Wing Zero's capabilities are what does all the work. I veiw the Zero system as a cheap remake of Newtype powers... Then even with the Zero Heero still wouldn't be able to touch a pilot like Amuro... Hell he probably wouldn't beat Lalah.

Shiro Amada started out new sure but like Kou he has no Newtype powers to work with. If you watch 08th MS Team through to the end, you'll see Shiro come into his own especially when he took on Norris Packard's Gouf custom and the Apsalus...
Terror Mask
Valtana
Baka Otaku

Post by Valtana »

I've only seen Gundam Wing, as the others were after my "Adult Swim/Cartoon Network" time. I have to almost agree with J.Kudo on the idea of Treize being a better pilot than Heero, though Zechs is a big contender there, as well.

However, I don't know why, but Gundam Seed made my eyes want to bleed out of their sockets. I think it's the...pink-haired girl who does it to me. Oh well. That and the little rolly-ball of pink death.

Regardless, my vote was for Heero. Good question.
For love is lord of all.
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

We also have to consider the Zeon pilots Amuro fights against aren't the push overs that OZ pilots are or like most ZAFT pilots. I don't remember hearing any Zeon pilot ever screaming in terror "It's a Gundam!" before having their mobile suit scrapped, they fight for all they can to the death.Which make me believe Zeon pilots are more capable than OZ or ZAFT pilots. Which again makes Amuro look better, and Kamile and Judau were fighting against former Federation, Zeon and Axis pilots that survived the OYW.
I didn't think of this before but I'm gonna say this a bit late, but you must also remember that Zeon pilots are more skilled than Feddy pilots because they trained more on the mobile suits because they had that technology longer, not to mention more of them are used to space, which is where majority of the important battles took place.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
Duuz
Uber Otaku

Post by Duuz »

Neo Jesse James wrote:
I didn't think of this before but I'm gonna say this a bit late, but you must also remember that Zeon pilots are more skilled than Feddy pilots because they trained more on the mobile suits because they had that technology longer, not to mention more of them are used to space, which is where majority of the important battles took place.
Oh I did consider that as well. Ramba Ral and the Black TRi-Stars were considered elites when Amuro came up against them. And the Feddies it seems according to the 08th MS Team had mobile suits at the time, so it would seem no previous Feddie pilots could match their skills. Amuro had growing newtype abilities that help him out match them as they were hardened veterans.
"Charge! The Goddess of Victory is flashing her panties at us!" -Bittenfeld / Legend of Galactic Heroes
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Duuz wrote:
Neo Jesse James wrote:
Oh I did consider that as well. Ramba Ral and the Black TRi-Stars were considered elites when Amuro came up against them. And the Feddies it seems according to the 08th MS Team had mobile suits at the time, so it would seem no previous Feddie pilots could match their skills. Amuro had growing newtype abilities that help him out match them as they were hardened veterans.

His newtype abilities were the only reason why he won, in fact it is in my opinion that the only reason why the Fedies won is because of superior numbers, and more money to throw at battles where they would basically over run the Zekes, I read somewhere that Zeon's inability to mass produce their best mobile suits, unlike the Federation, is what costed them the war
Lestat69_99
Absolute Otaku

Post by Lestat69_99 »

Neo Jesse James wrote: His newtype abilities were the only reason why he won, in fact it is in my opinion that the only reason why the Fedies won is because of superior numbers, and more money to throw at battles where they would basically over run the Zekes, I read somewhere that Zeon's inability to mass produce their best mobile suits, unlike the Federation, is what costed them the war
Not really an inability, but more of a case of too little to late. By the time most of their best suits starting rolling the war was over.
Terror Mask
Duuz
Uber Otaku

Post by Duuz »

There is also that the Zeons spent too much time and effort on mobile armors like the Big Zam. It's like making more tanks when what you need is more rifles. But the Gelgoog is what suffers the too little too late situation. I've always liked the Gelgoog.
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Duuz wrote:There is also that the Zeons spent too much time and effort on mobile armors like the Big Zam. It's like making more tanks when what you need is more rifles. But the Gelgoog is what suffers the too little too late situation. I've always liked the Gelgoog.
Its probably the second best Zeon Mobile Suit behind the Quebely which was in Zeta so I don't know if that counts, and the thing that Char used in the first volume of Char's deleted affair which I must find again because I want to read the rest of it >_>