62%
No
38%

Total votes: 13

I Am Kira!
Master Otaku

???????????????????????

Post by I Am Kira! »

ok, i borrowed evanglion Volumes 4-7 from a friend. I have 1 Question to all who have seen the end of the series. WTF WAS WITH THAT DARK ROOM THING WHERE EVERYONE IS JUST TALKING AND STUFF????!!!!!?????. its confusing, cuz they go from destroying the last Angel, to them talking and being questioned by something. wat was that about?
I will create an ideal world, where only those i deem worthy will live in peace. I will eliminate all the evil humans in this ruined world. if not me, then who else?
Killericon
Visitor

re: ???????????????????????

Post by Killericon »

Go watch the movie End of evangelion. Then you'll know what they mean by "Dark Ending". Personally, the Ending of End of Evangelion was painful to watch, It hurt me whn the movie ended like it did.. But that's becuase I'm a romantic.

I, personally, Disregard everything that happens after episode 24, becuase it's just waaayyyyyy too f**ked up. Also, Much too depressing. Go to http://www.eva-r.com for some dman good fan fiction that leaves the seires with a better closing.
Mistress of Yaoi
Uber Otaku

Post by Mistress of Yaoi »

Dont ypu dare diss NGEG. this is one of the best animes out there. If you did not understand the ending then mayby it was just a littleover your head.
hey AA guess who's back from the grave out of boredom, lets be friends k?
I Am Kira!
Master Otaku

Post by I Am Kira! »

I understood part of it, but not the whole thing. I finished watching it lastnight though. Who thought that the alternate reality thing was funny??
I will create an ideal world, where only those i deem worthy will live in peace. I will eliminate all the evil humans in this ruined world. if not me, then who else?
Killericon
Visitor

Post by Killericon »

I was not insulting the NGEG! I was saying it's depressing! It's a tradgedy! And yes, I did understand it.

I've been affected by tradgedies on a personal level beofre, but this one reeaaallllllyyyyy hit home for me. So much so, That I refuse to consider it anymore. Call me a pansy or whatever, but don't insult my intellegence![/quote]
Deacon
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Deacon »

Well, I think the two last episodes of Eva are wonderfull. So philosophic, so deep, so suited...

What do you think about the reaction of the japanese fans to this end? I think they were absolutely wrong.
What they were expecting from an anime like Evangelion? A big battle between the 01 and Adam or against the Seele? Blood, violence and the triumph of the good against the evil? No, no. I think Anno is right. Those japanese fans are so stupid...
I didn't understand the two ending episodes too, but I understand that the will of Anno were (partially) done. This is the only important thing.
La vita fugge et non s'arresta un'ora [...]
Killericon
Visitor

Post by Killericon »

Anno did the ending in episodes 25/26 becuase the ending he had planned was too controversial, so he did that ending.

Later, he made the ending he always wanmted, found in EoE. He's said that the Episodes and the Movie Present two alternate endings, and he prefers the EoE ending.
Deacon
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Deacon »

Yeah, I know. But I hate those fans just can't understand that HE's the autor and WE are the audience.
La vita fugge et non s'arresta un'ora [...]
I Am Kira!
Master Otaku

Post by I Am Kira! »

im not gonna say the ending sucked, i liked it, i just didnt understand EXACTLY wat happened after they killed the last Angel.
Omega01
Visitor

Re: re: ???????????????????????

Post by Omega01 »

Killericon wrote:Go watch the movie End of evangelion. Then you'll know what they mean by "Dark Ending". Personally, the Ending of End of Evangelion was painful to watch, It hurt me whn the movie ended like it did.. But that's becuase I'm a romantic.

I, personally, Disregard everything that happens after episode 24, becuase it's just waaayyyyyy too f**ked up. Also, Much too depressing. Go to - for some dman good fan fiction that leaves the seires with a better closing.
i know what u mean. i donno, but i think i either got hit by a rock or i got brain damaged from that movie, worse thing was,2 before watching it i had a dream about judgement day. even after the one month that i have seen the movie i can still remember the whole thing like it was yesterday.
am also one of those romantic people (i hope u can hear me ladies, lol jkjk)and when it got to the part when asuka got hit by the spear and onwards, the atmosohere changed and just drew me deeper into the film (the backround music also had a huge effect in this). now every time i think about the movie it i get this spliting headace and it feels like am getting my soul ripped out of me. i will never be thesame agan T_T. but at the same time i still like it and its probably one of my favorite anime :D
Double-Edged-Sword
Visitor

Post by Double-Edged-Sword »

Couldn't EoE be one of Shinji's realities he has chosen? (Actually there was something thatmade this impossible but I don't remember) And I did like both endings it's just a lot to handle imo.
SolidSnake526
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Re: re: ???????????????????????

Post by SolidSnake526 »

Killericon wrote:Go watch the movie End of evangelion. Then you'll know what they mean by "Dark Ending". Personally, the Ending of End of Evangelion was painful to watch, It hurt me whn the movie ended like it did.. But that's becuase I'm a romantic.

I, personally, Disregard everything that happens after episode 24, becuase it's just waaayyyyyy too f**ked up. Also, Much too depressing. Go to http://www.eva-r.com for some dman good fan fiction that leaves the seires with a better closing.
That's why I like it :twisted:

Anyway, it should have made sense.
Spoiler
Show
Shinji rejects Instrumentality, deciding to maintain his individual identity instead.
It wasn't too difficult to understand, but it was crappy. "Congratulations!" What...The...Hell?!
I'd put the entire Word file I have of "Rei's poem," but I think it's too long... :P
Katsuyo
Absolute Otaku

Re: ???????????????????????

Post by Katsuyo »

i watched Eva for the mecha action and i had heard it was good but DAMN the ending was confusing i didn't like it becuase i didn't understand it well the ending that is
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*)-Marshal 元帥陸軍大将 Gensui Rikugun Taishō (*****)
PROUD TO BE A CANADIAN
Best Pal: Clamato
When the going gets tough, the tough get GIANT FIGHTING ROBOTS!!!
My japanese name is 飯野 Iino (rice plains) 徹平 Koike (penetrating peace)