LCL

Chaotic reminder
Visitor

LCL

Post by Chaotic reminder »

in nge, is it just me, but, i thought LCL was a liquid in the entry plug of the evangelion, if thats true, why is it that after the pilots enter the plug, its like its no longer there, after like one sceen of being in the plug they start talking like they are in regular enviroment, and more then a few ocations, i've seen shinji in the entry plug without the entry plug suit, but its like the clothes dont get wet... :?
Kaworu Nagisa
Visitor

re: LCL

Post by Kaworu Nagisa »

I think it's a special kind of water only used for combat but that's only what I heard...
GravyTrain
Uber Otaku

Post by GravyTrain »

Their synch with the Eva makes it seem to the pilot that it isn't there. Without LCL, the hatch looks quite different and plain.
Chaotic reminder
Visitor

Re: re: LCL

GravyTrain wrote:Their synch with the Eva makes it seem to the pilot that it isn't there. Without LCL, the hatch looks quite different and plain.
i see, but how come they can talk? it may look like its not there, but its still liquid
GravyTrain
Uber Otaku

Post by GravyTrain »

Fallen Angel of Chaos wrote:
GravyTrain wrote:Their synch with the Eva makes it seem to the pilot that it isn't there. Without LCL, the hatch looks quite different and plain.
i see, but how come they can talk? it may look like its not there, but its still liquid
I think it has to do with their consciousness being synched with the Eva so that any sound waves and possibly thoughts can be picked up in the entry plug. Not too sure though.
Chaotic reminder
Visitor

GravyTrain wrote:
Fallen Angel of Chaos wrote:
I think it has to do with their consciousness being synched with the Eva so that any sound waves and possibly thoughts can be picked up in the entry plug. Not too sure though.
hmm...true, thats possible...
Deacon
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Deacon »

Well, actually I think it's more simple (but harder for me to explain you...I'm not that good in english! 8-[ ) But I'll try:

According to the physics law, a liquid is just a condensed gas (and, vice versa, a gas is rarified liquid). Both of them has the same propriety (that's true!). LCL fills up the lungs just like the air do. LCL is a very light liquid done on purpose for bring oxigen to pilot's lumbs. When it's expired, larynx and vocal chords can modulate it like "condensed" air. The sound is a wave, both in liquid, in gas and in solid, that propagates differently; but it propagates anyway. So, the sound waves in LCL can reach the NERV's microphones just like when the plug is filled by air. Nay: the sounds propagates faster in liquid.
The only reason we can't talk in water is beacause it's too heavy for being expired normally and (of course) because we can't breath in water, and we'll die if we fill up our lungs just for speaking. However, in theory, we should. :-#
Fish can't speak just because it will take them too much energy modulating such an heavy liquid (for the same reason, dolphins uses ultrasound when they're swimming but they can "say" that "creek! creek!" when not :color: )
So, Shinji can easly fills its lungs of LCL and speak in it.
Anyway, if one day, in a swimming pool, you'll try expiring the air underwater, you'll hear "blosblosblosoob". That's your voice, even if sound waves has being distorted by the water. :mrgreen:

I hope you'll understand what I've tried to say. I used a lot of examples 'cause this way is more simple for me expressing in another language... :oops:
La vita fugge et non s'arresta un'ora [...]
Shido_Kai-X-Angel
Visitor

Post by Shido_Kai-X-Angel »

thats a good idea but i think i can simplify it with an actual reference in the show. if i remember correctly the first time Shinji got in the Eva he got scared when the LCL fluid came out of nowhere and started filling up the cockpit. What's her name the blond haired scientist (shame on me for not knowing)told him not to worry because LCL was like a natural part and/or make up of ALL human beings. I'm not really sure anymore but i remember from the movies at the end when *SPOILER ALERT*
Spoiler
Show
SECOND IMPACT HAPPENED and Rei appeared to people all across the world turning into those they most loved in order for them to let down their ATfields and kill them, the people then turned into LCL fluid and absorbed into her womb
hope that kinda helps :heh:
pervysage
Visitor

Re: LCL

Post by pervysage »

LCL is a chemical that oxegenates you lungs and blood steam so you can talk and not have to breath
Deacon
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Deacon »

Yeah, I think D.Angel-X is right.
(but it's called the Third Impact :mrgreen: )
La vita fugge et non s'arresta un'ora [...]
Kaze
Visitor

Post by Kaze »

LCL is what everyone says it is, plus in the theory of evolution (Which I do not believe in) It was a main component for creating mankind.
SolidSnake526
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by SolidSnake526 »

Shido_Kai-X-Angel wrote:thats a good idea but i think i can simplify it with an actual reference in the show. if i remember correctly the first time Shinji got in the Eva he got scared when the LCL fluid came out of nowhere and started filling up the cockpit. What's her name the blond haired scientist (shame on me for not knowing)told him not to worry because LCL was like a natural part and/or make up of ALL human beings. I'm not really sure anymore but i remember from the movies at the end when *SPOILER ALERT*
Spoiler
Show
SECOND IMPACT HAPPENED and Rei appeared to people all across the world turning into those they most loved in order for them to let down their ATfields and kill them, the people then turned into LCL fluid and absorbed into her womb
Not true. It was the third impact, and to start instrumentality. They didn't die, they just became one.
I'd put the entire Word file I have of "Rei's poem," but I think it's too long... :P
thedarkconquerer
Master Otaku

Post by thedarkconquerer »

SolidSnake526 wrote:
Shido_Kai-X-Angel wrote:thats a good idea but i think i can simplify it with an actual reference in the show. if i remember correctly the first time Shinji got in the Eva he got scared when the LCL fluid came out of nowhere and started filling up the cockpit. What's her name the blond haired scientist (shame on me for not knowing)told him not to worry because LCL was like a natural part and/or make up of ALL human beings. I'm not really sure anymore but i remember from the movies at the end when *SPOILER ALERT*
Spoiler
Show
Not true. It was the third impact, and to start instrumentality. They didn't die, they just became one.
Yeah, it was the Third Impact.
Spoiler
Show
The Dead Sea Scrolls for-saw humanities evolution into a singular living being. SEELE implemented their plans by attacking NERV HQ with the Production Models. What they didn't for see though, was that Gendou had his own plans for the Third Impact. These involved him and Rei merging into Lilith so that he could see Yui again when Unit One was absorbed. However, that didn't really work out :P.
Anyways, back on track. LCL as we all know is the liquid that fills the Entry Plug. Correct?

Good. Now, LCL is the basic liquidized form of humanity. That is why it is so easily absorbed by Shinji/Asuka/Rei/Touji/Tabris when they enter the entry plug. They can breathe the LCL because it is a largely oxidized liquid, if it was water/coke/liquid magnesium then it would not be able to be breathed in. Contrary to popular belief their Sync Ratio has nothing to do with their talking/seeing or what-not in the LCL.

I hope that helped
Anime Otaku.

Pure and simple.
WaffleGod
Full Metal Otaku

Post by WaffleGod »

I believe it's mentioned in the series at one point that LCL
Spoiler
Show
is the blood of Lilith.
"The past is past, and histories care little for a-speakin' the truth of it." ~Ravel Puzzlewell
thedarkconquerer
Master Otaku

Post by thedarkconquerer »

I'm not too sure of that one, sorry.

Doesn't even sound familiar to me :(
Anime Otaku.

Pure and simple.