dose Asuka die?

magnumPI
Mobile Suit Otaku

Re: re: dose Asuka die?

Post by magnumPI »

this ending was a tough call and i know this post is old but i'll give what little imput i got out of the ending. Asuka died....the last scene when shinji awakes was all in his head. The world around him now is what he makes of it. Shinji's soul is trapped in the eva01. Everything is just to surreal in the world that he ended up in....it almost has to be his imagination. Asuka took some lethal blows, i know i saw her arm split in half but then in the end it's all bandaged up.....there's nobody around to treat her wounds, and she was in no state to treat her wounds. I couldnt tell you if the world ended or not but i'm almost positive that shinji is trapped in the Eva for the rest of his life. Maybe that was the way it had to be, shinji be engulfed by the Eva so mankind could live.....sort of like a jesus theme. I cant really give a straight foward answer b/c the end was so sketchy
Take your balls out of your purse and man-up to whale cancer.....F'in delicious

AA Bro: Zinaida
AA Sis: Nightly, Rosey-sama, Triscogirl
thedarkconquerer
Master Otaku

Post by thedarkconquerer »

hmmm.... well, that opinion is one of the 2 main theories about EoE, the other being shinji and asuka become the new adam & eve.... But what i believe, is that asuka is infact, not dead, because, if you look, when she gets struck by the fake lance of loginus (i know its spelled wrong, but i cant be bothered finding out how it is spelled) her eva falls backwards and runs out of energy, meaning that she wouldnt be-able to feel what the production series were doing to her eva (ripping it into little peices) after the production series have their way with her eva, after that, her eva goes beserk (as in, activates without any energy) and reaches up towards shinji, which suggest that asuka is still alive :D
Anime Otaku.

Pure and simple.
Mistress of Yaoi
Uber Otaku

Re: dose Asuka die?

Post by Mistress of Yaoi »

i kindas hope she did die i never liked her.
hey AA guess who's back from the grave out of boredom, lets be friends k?
Cult
Visitor

Post by Cult »

magnumPI wrote:Asuka died....the last scene when shinji awakes was all in his head.

Asuka doesn't die, because the "world in Shinji's head" IS the world. It's not in his head, because as Rei had said, "anyone who has the will to live, will".

Shinji himself had to will to live, and so did Asuka.

They lived. And that last scene with them both happened.

That's how the movie ended. (Watch the director's cut of the movie, and you'll see what I mean. And even in the regular version of it, it's obvious that she isn't dead)
Nathan~Chevalier
Absolute Otaku

Re: dose Asuka die?

Post by Nathan~Chevalier »

For the guys at vthe begining, ASUKA ROCKS!!!!!!!!!! AND SHE DOESNT DIE IF YOU PAY ATTENTION AT THE END OF THE MOVIE HER EYE MOVES AND SHE LOOKS AT SHINJI!!!!
The Original Homunculus Pride
"Your Joy is Proof that you've Shared your Happiness with Someone...
Your Sadness is Proof you've Shared your Suffering with Someone..." Ah! my goddess
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnpuxxhh ... re=related
magnumPI
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by magnumPI »

it's weird and tough for me to tell b/c the world is too surreal looking and Asuka is in the same condition that shinji saw her in last. I think it's all in Shinji's head
Take your balls out of your purse and man-up to whale cancer.....F'in delicious

AA Bro: Zinaida
AA Sis: Nightly, Rosey-sama, Triscogirl
Cult
Visitor

Post by Cult »

Did you watch the movie at all? The world is like that because of the Human Instrumentality Project.

The THIRD IMPACT.

That's why the world is what it is. Seriously, I'm not gonna say any spoilers, so watch the director's cut of the movie or go read up on it.
thedarkconquerer
Master Otaku

Post by thedarkconquerer »

cult is right, the third impact was designed to basically merge all humanity into one being, but in the end it was Shinji's decision, and he decided to live. But before he made this decision the damage had been done, and the world kinda died, except for him and Asuka. Also if you look, there is the corpse of the Rei/Angel hybrid thing, suggesting that he had destroyed it and it fell to the earth, meaning that it is real. Not a figment of his mind
Anime Otaku.

Pure and simple.
thirdimpact6633
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by thirdimpact6633 »

Here's the story from my point of view.

Yes Asuka dies, she got the swiss-cheese treatment from all of the lances.
Then she got melted into the primordial soup along with everyone else on earth.

Remember what Rei says in the part where the Giant Rei is falling apart?
"Anyone can return to human form, as long as they can imagine themselves within their own heart"
Asuka was so much of a cocky arrogent person, that she would have seemed to want to return to human form badly, so she can be herself again.

Shinji (he was obviously alive through the entire thing), who hated being alone so much, rejected third impact from following through, and was left on the barren Earth with Asuka who was reborn from the LCL because my reasons above.

I know it doesn't exactly make 100% sense, but it's a pretty good guess for me.
Mr_Coffee
Visitor

Post by Mr_Coffee »

Excellent point on Asuka's personality and its effect. I'm with Dark Conquerer on this one. Shinji made his decision after it had any real power over the lives of everyone other then himself.

So yes, Asuka dies, but not in the sense of being permanent.
Cult
Visitor

Post by Cult »

Finally some agreement. Thanks for the back up Dark.

And Third and Coffee are right, too. :D

Yay for movie watchers!
SolidSnake526
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by SolidSnake526 »

Cold Revolverā„¢ wrote:If you seen the movie man you should know, you see her and shinji only at the very end... He spares her for unknown reasons, and on the cover of my movie she is sitting next to him surounded by that green stuff (the start of human kind).
Huh? Wasn't it supposed to be a reddish-yellow (The "Sea of LCL")?
I'd put the entire Word file I have of "Rei's poem," but I think it's too long... :P