question about Adam

bword
Visitor

question about Adam

Post by bword »

Well I guess this whole question is a spoiler, so, for the sake of those who haven't finished the series, I'll put it in the little black box.
Spoiler
Show
I've read online that Adam was embedded in Gendo's hand. This makes sense, since he put his hand into Rei in EoE and all that jazz. But is it ever explicitly shown or said in the anime, or just inferred? The closest I can think of is that Gendo says to Rei, right before he thrusts his hand in, "Adam is in our hands." Is that a mistranslation, which in the Japanese makes it clear that Adam is embedded in his hand? Or have I missed something?
ChaosEnVy ~(Shade)~
Uber Otaku

re: question about Adam

Post by ChaosEnVy ~(Shade)~ »

no you have it that is ture for the most part
To be forgotten is worse than death.
Deacon
Mobile Suit Otaku

re: question about Adam

Post by Deacon »

Mmm...I think at the beginning of episode 25th you can see the little Adam's embrion in the hand of Gendou.
La vita fugge et non s'arresta un'ora [...]
SolidSnake526
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Re: re: question about Adam

Post by SolidSnake526 »

Deacon wrote:Mmm...I think at the beginning of episode 25th you can see the little Adam's embrion in the hand of Gendou.
I'll make note of that and check later. Research paper due tomorrow, but I'll definitely check. But anyway, it makes sense. Instrumentality is brought about by the fusion of Adam and Lillith, and Rei is pretty much Lillith, since she's the beginning and the end.
I'd put the entire Word file I have of "Rei's poem," but I think it's too long... :P