Who should be with Shinji?

Zeruel
Baka Otaku

Who should be with Shinji?

Post by Zeruel »

I'm like new and need to post aload of stuff and this is a question that i thought would be pretty interesting so who do you think should be with shinji? girl wise i don't like the idea of shinji and Kaworu, Shinji is obviously straight

P.S. how do i load up one of those pictures just below my name that is on my computer not on this web site?
gogirlanime
Dragon Master Otaku

Re: Who should be with Shinji?

Post by gogirlanime »

I'm not always big on yaoi, but it all honesy Kaworu sounds good to me, they had a strong connection in the series, but of course there was a reason for that. Besides Kaworu, Asuka, cuz Rei is just too psycho
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
~阿裏須~¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸.•*¨)
Zeruel
Baka Otaku

Post by Zeruel »

yeah man i thought asuka too
Clyde
Baka Otaku

Post by Clyde »

Here's the way I look at it,

Rei is more or less a clone of Shinji's mother and Lilith. Shinji's mother.Do you see where I'm going with this?
Other than that, maybe. We see them getting along well in several parts, and both seem to care for each other. Hell, Rei pretty much gave Shinji the entire world in EoE.
But lets face it, Rei can be creepy. No one really responds well to a creepy Rei. Plus her seeming lack of emotions makes it hard for ANYONE to really connect well with her.
I could maybe see it, but I still stand by my first point.

Misato is too old. End of story.

Kaworu...
I'm no fan of yaoi in the least, but it is arguable that something could have gone on between the two. However, he was an angel. That right there would lead to more than a few problems for a relationship like that.

And then we have Asuka.
It's not big secret that the two had feelings for each other in the anime. Shinji begs Asuka to be with him during Instrumentality. When Asuka's mind is being invaded by... Whatever the name of that angel was (YOU KNOW THE ONE) she became upset when Shinji was mentioned, saying, "He won't even hold me!"

But just as Asuka says, things didn't really run so smoothly between the two of them. Despite their feelings for one another, they had a real hell of a time showing them. Shinji, being the way he is, could never see such feelings for him from Asuka. Probably because her way of expressing them was by randomly flirting with him or just being a total *Bad word here*.

And of course there's that strangling.

So in the end, is there really ANYONE that could connect enough with Shinji to make a decent relationship? Honestly, I have no idea. :-s
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Post by Cold Revolver »

Asuka, she is by far the most beautiful girl in the anime. This is just my opinion but I think if the two of them actualy sat down and talked for hours they would have got along lol. I remember that scene where shinji was beating his meat to Asuka in the hospital when she was down. haha :-#
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
thedarkconquerer
Master Otaku

Post by thedarkconquerer »

Personally, I believe that Shinji, whilst having feelings for Rei, was more attracted to Asuka.

I come to this conclusion since the feelings that Shinji has for Rei are more of a Mother/Son feelings rather Girlfriend/Boyfriend feelings.

Koworu, these so called "feelings" Shinji and Koworu have for each other are not destined for anything. Koworu is a confused young man, who had never felt what "Love" was, so therefore, there is no basis there for a relationship.

Shinji may have had feelings for Misato, her being a very attractive woman and all, what teenage boy wouldn't? However, these feelings are not of love, or even sexual lust, they are feelings of mutual respect for eachother, and this leads to a good, solid relationship in the Anime, this relationship is a Mother/Son relationship rather than a Boyfriend/Girlfriend one too.

Last, is Asuka. Asuka and Shinji clearly have feelings for one another. These feelings however, are not conveyed clearly to either Shinji Or Asuka, thus, them feeling that the other does not feel the same for him/her. This relationship could have worked, but, it is destined for tragedy, Asuka's fiery attitude and Shinji's weak and sub-ish attitude with conflict the relationship would end prematurely.

All in all, people can have different views as to who THEY want Shinji to have a relationship with. But, when the facts are presented, none of these relationships would ever work.
Anime Otaku.

Pure and simple.
Axle Starr
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Axle Starr »

Well, I think that Shinji would actually be pretty compatible with either Rie or Asuka, but personally, I would rather see him with Asuka. Her relationship with Shinji would appeal to me more sine they have that initial reluctance
"You will not forget this devil's power....AND YOU ARE NOT WORTHY AS MY OPPONENT"
SolidSnake526
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by SolidSnake526 »

It's a toss-up between Rei and Asuka.
Rei is just as off-her-rocker as Shinji is, so they're kinda one-in-the-same, but not really at the same time. Rei has given up, but Shinji hasn't. Hard to explain.

Asuka makes sense because *reference to Instrumentality* she compliments him perfectly. She's extroverted, he's introverted. They're seemingly opposites, but actually quite similar. Both (well, technically all 3 - Rei too) feel alone and want to feel needed.
{Edit}: Then there's always the rather-awkward Misato one, but that's too strange for me to even attempt to explain...
I'd put the entire Word file I have of "Rei's poem," but I think it's too long... :P