Baka Otaku

Re: Favorite EVA character

Post by neo girl »

i think shinji is hot :oops:
VaughnJohnson2000
Baka Otaku

Post by VaughnJohnson2000 »

Doctor Ren wrote:Shinji. I like how he breaks the mold of the standard anime protagonist. Unlike most main characters seen in anime, he is a complex person who suffers from a number of internal conflicts. Because Gendo abandoned him at a young age in order to focus on Project Evangelion, Shinji developed low self-esteem and became avoidant of others so as to prevent hurting them or become hurt himself. He pilots Eva Unit 1 in order to gain Gendo's love and approval. In most anime, the main character will want to save the world just because he or she wants to. Shinji, however, does so in order to have his father acknowledge him, which is a much more realistic and understandable motive than "OMG, gotaa safe teh wurld cuse I r teh guud n gots too11!!"

Personally, I find Shinji very easy to relate to. At his age, I myself was a quiet, introverted loner who wanted more than anything to have my parents approve of me (actually, in Shinji's case, it's only his father). Ironically enough, I would also frequently listen to music in order to block out my surroundings.
=D> Heh, well said. Shinji's the one I definitely relate to most in the series. Like you and him I'm quiet, introverted, and somewhat of a loner. :| I could partly have wanted approval from my mom in my case. But for the most part I choose to be that way on my own. Thank God I've always had a good amount of friends and family. But I digress. :) My favorite female is Rei.
I belong to 'MoonlightRose Kurama'.
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

I like Rei, her pessimistic attitude and shyness are cool
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.
catxiii
Newbie Otaku

Post by catxiii »

definetly asuka shes so hot so is rei :evil:
Amray
Uber Otaku

Post by Amray »

Rei Ayanami. So cool and so good looking.
Hm Hm Hm Ha Ha Ha HA HA HAAA
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

I'd have to say, Kaoru first. Asuka second. :D I luff the gays and smexi fire crotches. :tipsy:
"Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."

"If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. You want to change the world? There's nothing to it."
crowheart
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by crowheart »

In terms of who I'd hang out with: Shinji

That kid really needs someone to actually listen

In terms of who is the most awesome: Gendo

Gendo may be like the biggest d**k in anime history, but he is awesome

Just look at him

Really though, I like every character.

I love the Penguin! That thing is so badass. The look it gave Shinji when he first saw it was like "B**ch"
First person to say DESU dies, second person to say DESU dies twice.......... I think you can see where I'm going with this :)
Tyche
Absolute Otaku

Post by Tyche »

Pen Pen? I wanted to name my bf's penguin plushie "Pen Pen", but he named it "Prinny". :( Crazy Awesome Drunk Penguin > Explosive Penguin
"Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."

"If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it. You want to change the world? There's nothing to it."
The Rage
Absolute Otaku

Post by The Rage »

Misato and Rei are some of the best female Eva/Anime characters around.
Since when does something have to make sense to be logical?