Evangelion Platimum review

BigKwell
Inactive
Inactive

Evangelion Platimum review

Post by BigKwell »

I've just rented the newest Evangelion release, the Platimum series volume one.

I'll tell you, it is a vast improvment over the original release. For one, the colors are more vivid that before. Also, the sound has been cleaned up and enhanced. I think that it'll be a worthwhile rental or purchace.

:D
"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."

Stephen W. Hawking
RedMethod(XlllRed)
Visitor

Post by RedMethod(XlllRed) »

I have not seen any of the EVA series.Cause well I live in corsicana/TX(Middle of nowhere,Hell what ever ya want to call it)I'm very far away from anime.Thank God!!For Internet! :roll: :evil: :twisted:
Mountain
Visitor

Post by Mountain »

lol, same here.
sakuradette
Visitor

Post by sakuradette »

RedMethod(XlllRed) wrote:I have not seen any of the EVA series.Cause well I live in corsicana/TX(Middle of nowhere,Hell what ever ya want to call it)I'm very far away from anime.Thank God!!For Internet! :roll: :evil: :twisted:

That's right, anything's possible with the internet! :D
Starwind Amada
Visitor

Post by Starwind Amada »

sakuradette wrote:
RedMethod(XlllRed) wrote:I have not seen any of the EVA series.Cause well I live in corsicana/TX(Middle of nowhere,Hell what ever ya want to call it)I'm very far away from anime.Thank God!!For Internet! :roll: :evil: :twisted:

That's right, anything's possible with the internet! :D

Actually, he's very close to anime. ADV Films, the #1 anime distributor in the US (and now UK) is located in Houston, and FUNimation (the people that brought us Dragonball Z) is located in Fort Worth.

Anyway, the Eva Platinum release is great. I love the new picture and 5.1 audio. Plus, we get commentaries from English-language director Matt Greenfield and the cast. This release was inevitable. ADV continues to bring us excellence.
Atomosk
Mobile Suit Otaku

re: Evangelion Platimum review

Post by Atomosk »

ADV is in houston?! sweet!
SolidSnake526
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Re: Evangelion Platimum review

Post by SolidSnake526 »

BigKwell wrote:I've just rented the newest Evangelion release, the Platimum series volume one.

I'll tell you, it is a vast improvment over the original release. For one, the colors are more vivid that before. Also, the sound has been cleaned up and enhanced. I think that it'll be a worthwhile rental or purchace.

The audio was certainly enhanced. Remastered in Dolby Digital 5.1 - and it was done properly. Most digital surround mixes of older films (TV shows, anime, or movies) are crappy.
I'd put the entire Word file I have of "Rei's poem," but I think it's too long... :P
BigKwell
Inactive
Inactive

Post by BigKwell »

SolidSnake526 wrote:
BigKwell wrote:I've just rented the newest Evangelion release, the Platimum series volume one.

The audio was certainly enhanced. Remastered in Dolby Digital 5.1 - and it was done properly. Most digital surround mixes of older films (TV shows, anime, or movies) are crappy.
If you have a link to the poem, why not just post it?
"When I hear of Schrödinger's cat, I reach for my pistol."

Stephen W. Hawking
SolidSnake526
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by SolidSnake526 »

BigKwell wrote:
SolidSnake526 wrote:

If you have a link to the poem, why not just post it?
If you're talking about my signature, it isn't a link. It's a Microsoft Word file of the whole thing, as posted on Wikipedia.
Spoiler
Show
"Mountain. Heavy are the mountains, Something that changes through the ages. Sky. Blue sky. Something visible, something invisible. Sun. Something unique. Water. Something agreeable. Commander Ikari. Flowers. Many of them alike, many of them useless. Sky. Red, red sky. Red colour. Red colour that I hate. Water flow. Blood. The smell of blood. A woman that does not bleed. Made from the red soil are humans. Made by Man and Woman are humans. Town. Something that humans made. Eva. Something that humans made. Humans are what? Something that God made. Humans are things which humans made. The things I possess are my life and mind. The vessel of a mind. Entry plug, the throne of a soul.

Who is this? This is me. Who am I? What am I? What am I? What am I? What am I?

I am myself. This object is me, the figure which forms me. This is the me that is visible, though it feels as if this is not me. A strange feeling. My body seems as if it is melting. I cannot see myself. My figure is fading away. I am aware of someone else. Who is there before me? Ikari-kun. I know this person. Major Katsuragi. Dr. Akagi. People, my classmates. The pilot of Unit Two. Commander Ikari. Who are you? Who are you? Who are you?"
I put it in spoilers because if you can piece what she says together, you can ruin the entire series for yourself.
I'd put the entire Word file I have of "Rei's poem," but I think it's too long... :P