Kakashi; A bad mentor?

Jasminegreen
Rookie Otaku

Kakashi; A bad mentor?

Post by Jasminegreen »

Hi, I mean no offence to any fans by this thread, but i've always had a problem with this. We all know that the student Kakashi favors, and cares the most for, is Sasuke. But, given his bad attitude towards Naruto, and indifference to Sakura, doesn't it seem that Sasuke was the only one he cared anything for? Like is said, I mean no offense, and i'm hpoing for this to be a nice, friendly discussion. So, please, no name calling or harsh words.
"I wonder if the Raikage called us here for something big, or if he's just going to yell at us,I knew I shouldn't have put Mayonnaise on my fries."
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Re: Kakashi; A bad mentor?

Post by scorpionwarrior »

I think he just trained Sasuke cause he knew Naruto had the spirit and drive to train himself and training Sasuke made Naruto train harder so he could be better than him. Kakashi always has hidden motives with everything
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Xbox Gamertag:ScorpionElite27
Jasminegreen
Rookie Otaku

Post by Jasminegreen »

It's not just training, he seems to an unflattering attitude towards Naruto in general. It seems whenever something involves Naruto, it's never as important as Sasuke.
"I wonder if the Raikage called us here for something big, or if he's just going to yell at us,I knew I shouldn't have put Mayonnaise on my fries."
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

have you seen shippuden yet?
Spoiler
Show
Where Kakashi trains Naruto how to use the rasengan better
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Jasminegreen
Rookie Otaku

Post by Jasminegreen »

scorpionwarrior wrote:have you seen shippuden yet?
Spoiler
Show
Where Kakashi trains Naruto how to use the rasengan better
Yea, but I always thought he was just training Naruto in Shippuuden because Sasuke left. Because he sure didn't seem to care at all about Naruto when Sasuke was around.
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Yeah. But kakashi's always got a trick up his sleeve. I reckon maybe he thought he could teach Sasuke to better use his chakra and that. maybe he could've been training Sasuke to secretly protect Naruto which backfired >.>

Jasminegreen
Rookie Otaku

Post by Jasminegreen »

If he wanted to help Sasuke, that's ok, but here's what gets me. He just seems to hold Sasuke so highly above everyone else, and puts 90% of his trust and confidence in Sasuke.
Last edited by Jasminegreen on Nov 06, 2008 9:46am, edited 1 time in total.
Jessie-Kah
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Jessie-Kah »

It is true that Kakashi might of favoured Sasuke more then Naruto or Sakura but only because Sasuke reminded Kakashi of himself [Which is stated somewhere between late 2nd season or early 3rd maybe mid ?!].

As for Naruto, Kakashi has always looked out for him even though we rarely see Naruto being trained by Kakashi, he has always [Ok not always but most of the time] treated Naruto the way he would treat Sasuke. Oh and also probably because Kakashi knew that Naruto would end up being trained by Jiraiya.

Now as for Sakura, i have no idea lol :S, but i hope it has something to do with the fact that she trains under Tsunade.

Anyway this is all what i think Soo Yeah !! LOL :D
Maybe its not my weekend
But its gonna be my year
And im so sick of watching while the minutes pass as i go nowhere
And this is my reaction, To everything i fear
Cause ive been going crazy i dont want to waste another minute here
Jasminegreen
Rookie Otaku

Post by Jasminegreen »

I like Kakashi as a character, and i'm not saying he was bad character, but as a teacher, he just seemed to not realy care for Naruto. Like the fact that he taght Sasuke Chidori, but when he sees that Jiraiya taught Naruto the Rasengan, he tells Jiraiya that he shouldn't have taught Naruto that jutsu. So, he can teach Sasuke a jutsu, but he doesn't want Naruto to learn any?
Jessie-Kah
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Jessie-Kah »

Yea i like Kakashi as a character aswell :P.

Maybe he taught Sasuke Chidori because he knew that Sasuke would be able to master it, as for Naruto maybe its because the 4th Hokage never mastered this jutsu himself.
Oh and probably because Naruto usually calls upon the 9 tailed beast for support and the more he does that the more danger he is in. ?
Spoiler
Show
But in the end Naruto and Sasuke will eventually have to face each other with their Jutsu's
Maybe its not my weekend
But its gonna be my year
And im so sick of watching while the minutes pass as i go nowhere
And this is my reaction, To everything i fear
Cause ive been going crazy i dont want to waste another minute here
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Sasuke got trained with Chidori cause Kakashi knew Naruto couldn't learn that and at that time the training he gave Sasuke was really tough and would've only resulted in catastrophe if Naruto tried it.

And OMG! Jessie-Kah. Been a while since you were on here XP

Jasminegreen
Rookie Otaku

Post by Jasminegreen »

I'm not saying he had to teach Naruto Chidori. But why would he teach Sasuke Chidori and not want Naruto to learn Rasengan? What possible reason could there be? Unless Kakashi just doesn't want Naruto to be as good as Sasuke.
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

The fact that Kakashi isn't good enough to hold Naruto back in his Kyuubi state. Look what he did to Jiraiya when Jiraya taught him >.>

Jasminegreen
Rookie Otaku

Post by Jasminegreen »

scorpionwarrior wrote:The fact that Kakashi isn't good enough to hold Naruto back in his Kyuubi state. Look what he did to Jiraiya when Jiraya taught him >.>
The incident with Jiraiya didn't happen when Naruto was training with Rasengan. That happened when they were practicing on controlling the Kyuubi chakra. So, I don't think that's the reason. And Naruto doesn'tr need the Kyuubi to for Rasengan, he just needs a Shadow clone.
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Yeah but In order for him to learn it he had to put an enormous amount of physical strain on himself but Jiraiya was the only one who could help him prepare for that

Jasminegreen
Rookie Otaku

Post by Jasminegreen »

Yeah, but on the hospital rooftop, Kakashi camments that Naruto shouldn't couldn't be trusted with it. He says that Naruto is too young to be handeling the jutsu, but Naruto & Sasuke are the same age, and Chidori is equally as dangerous as Rasengan.