Kakashi; A bad mentor?

scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Re: Kakashi; A bad mentor?

Post by scorpionwarrior »

I think there was a reason that He taught Sasuke cause otherwise he'd be more tempted to go off and find more power... which didn't work anyway lol
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Xbox Gamertag:ScorpionElite27
Jessie-Kah
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Jessie-Kah »

scorpionwarrior wrote:And OMG! Jessie-Kah. Been a while since you were on here XP
Yes i am back lol but i have only posted in this Topic :P

Ahh Maybe Kakashi didnt want Naruto to learn Rasengan because he knew that if Naruto and Sasuke got into a fight Sasuke would Ultimately feel as if Naruto is stronger then himself, thus making him want to obtain more power.[Got my idea from Scopry! Thanks mate xD]
Maybe its not my weekend
But its gonna be my year
And im so sick of watching while the minutes pass as i go nowhere
And this is my reaction, To everything i fear
Cause ive been going crazy i dont want to waste another minute here
Jasminegreen
Rookie Otaku

Post by Jasminegreen »

Well, that'd be opressing. He can't expect Naruto to not learn, and get stronger, just so Sasuke will feel superior, not leave. If that's the case, then he's really a bad mentor.
"I wonder if the Raikage called us here for something big, or if he's just going to yell at us,I knew I shouldn't have put Mayonnaise on my fries."
scorpionwarrior
Absolute Otaku

Post by scorpionwarrior »

I reckon it's just simply cause Naruto's the Jinchuuriki for the Nine tailed fox and he didn't want Naruto turning into it cause he had no way to fix it.
"The world isn't perfect. But it's there for us, doing the best it can....that's what makes it so damn beautiful." - Roy Mustang

Xbox Gamertag:ScorpionElite27
Renegade Chaos Angel
Visitor

Post by Renegade Chaos Angel »

I think that Kakashi didn't teach Naruto in the beginning. Because as Naruto got older, he began to use stronger jutsu requiring more and more chakra which the Nine-Tailed Fox supplied. Thus, making the seal on Naruto weaker and weaker. And Sasuke would have left earlier if he didn't have what he thought at that times was the "utimate" power and that he had beat Naruto. And Sasuke is more similar to Kakashi as Naruto is more similar to Jiraiya. Jiraiya could help Naruto more, because he taught
Spoiler
Show
Naruto's Father
Taylor_Chan
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Taylor_Chan »

Kakashi is not a bad mentor. He's is my mentor and I think he is extraordinary! lol jk
Why is love not meant for me at all? Do I deserve this?
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
Renegade Chaos Angel
Visitor

That's what I think. Kakashi is not a bad mentor.
rich
Newbie Otaku

Post by rich »

Yea Kakashi has took more notice of Sasuke. And gave Naruto that stupid guy with the sun glasses on, in episode 51 I {think}. But Kakashi is the best the time when he did the sennen Goroshi on naruto was awesome. Even though I think I would had washed my hands after ! :mrgreen:
rich
Newbie Otaku

Post by rich »

Kakashi is funny though.
Renegade Chaos Angel
Visitor

Geez, everyone is so bent up about Kakashi teaching Sasuke. He did it to try and attempt to keep Sasuke in the village. Kakashi is difinately funny.
Jasminegreen
Rookie Otaku

Post by Jasminegreen »

Renegade Chaos Angel wrote:Geez, everyone is so bent up about Kakashi teaching Sasuke. He did it to try and attempt to keep Sasuke in the village. Kakashi is difinately funny.
Kakashi seems intelligant, and as an intelligant person, he shoul;d know that bribery doesn't work. He taught Sasuke an A rank assassination jutsu, and Sasuke left the village, and almost killed Naruto with it in the VotE. I wonder how Kakashi felt about his favorite student then? It's not just training, Kakashi very rarely did anything right with team 7. I mean, he always called Naruto stupid, and doesn't hesitate to point out when Naruto's done something wrong, but you never see him do that with Sasuke or Sakura. He was too soft on Sakura. I mean, compare the way he talks to Sakura with the way he talks to Naruto. It seems like he's always trying to be sweet with Sakura, and you never see him get attitude with her. That's bad. Sakura is a students that needs a sensei that'll go tough on her, like Tsunade. When Tsunade was training Sakura, she was really hard on her, and that's what Sakura needed to get better. Kakashi didn't do that. He basically just ignored her, and lied to her alot. With Sasuke, same thing. He spoiled Sasuke, and seemed to have nothing but high opinion of him, and he didn't try talking to Sasuke until it was too late. I'm sure I don't need to list the mistakes he's made with Naruto. Kakashi overall just seemed disinterested in teaching in general. It seemed like he just did enough to get by, and he doesn't really train his students unless he has to. Otherwise, he acts like they're all nothing but nuisenses. Well, at the end of part one, he lost all of them, so i'm sure he was happy then. Now, he doesn't have to deal with any of them.
"I wonder if the Raikage called us here for something big, or if he's just going to yell at us,I knew I shouldn't have put Mayonnaise on my fries."
Renegade Chaos Angel
Visitor

That's a little cold to say that. I think that it does hurt him that he lost his squad, but then again after he lost his previous squad in the past it possilbly made him not think about teaching. To not get too personally conected. And by pointing out the dumb things that Naruto did, helped him. Sakura really wasn't really cut out to be a ninja at the beginning but made it better in the future. Kakashi was always worried about Sasuke, because Sasuke is the most unstable on the team and a threat.
Jasminegreen
Rookie Otaku

Post by Jasminegreen »

Renegade Chaos Angel wrote:That's a little cold to say that. I think that it does hurt him that he lost his squad, but then again after he lost his previous squad in the past it possilbly made him not think about teaching. To not get too personally conected. And by pointing out the dumb things that Naruto did, helped him. Sakura really wasn't really cut out to be a ninja at the beginning but made it better in the future. Kakashi was always worried about Sasuke, because Sasuke is the most unstable on the team and a threat.
Sorry, I admit I tend to get abit rowdy when I talk about Kakashi's mentoring ability. I'm sure he probably was upset about his team's breakup, maybe, if he was, I have a theory involving his MS which ties into his teaching. I may post a thread on that later, so you can see what I mean. Anyway, Kakashi just seemed to never put forth in real effort with team 7. It seems his philosophy is to ignore the problem, and hope thing work themselves out. Like with Sasuke. He taught Sasuke Chidori, but did he ever take the time to really stop and talk to Sasuke about revenge? No. He waited until it was too late to try and talk to him, which wasn't enough. Kakashi didn't really handle anyone in team 7 very well. I mean, Naruto had to rely on Jiraiya to be there for him, because Kakashi sure wasn't, and Sakura didn't get any proper treatment until Tsunade came along.
Renegade Chaos Angel
Visitor

It's alright. Sorry, I got a little too defensive. True he never really did seem to put forth effort. I guess I kinda thought that he wanted to see how far the team could go before he actually had to intervene. Sakura was just in the wrong group to train. The elders and whoever else should have seen her potential in genjutsu and how adept she is at learning things and she knows a lot. She was meant to be a medic-nin from the very beginning. And Sasuke was meant to be the one to make everythin g fall apart, but yet make things better. Like how him leaving made Naruto's abilities increase rapidly. And Sakura seeing Naruto's condition was when he tried to bring him back for her, made her realize that she couldn't always depend on everyone else. Thus, her making the decision to actually do something right and ask for the best possible teacher for herself, Tsunade.
Syntos
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Syntos »

Jasminegreen wrote:Hi, I mean no offence to any fans by this thread, but i've always had a problem with this. We all know that the student Kakashi favors, and cares the most for, is Sasuke. But, given his bad attitude towards Naruto, and indifference to Sakura, doesn't it seem that Sasuke was the only one he cared anything for? Like is said, I mean no offense, and i'm hpoing for this to be a nice, friendly discussion. So, please, no name calling or harsh words.
Your explanation is a little harsh dontcha think?

Kakashi trained Sasuke only because Kakashi is probably the only one who could train him because of Sasukes Kekkei Genkai, the Sharingan eye, which Kakashi shares because he has Obitos left sharingan. Now that I mention it, hes the only one in the whole ninja continent who has the kekkei other than Sasuke (Note: I know that Kakashi does not have a kekkei like Sasuke)

That said, he only taught him Chidori because he knew Naruto couldn't handle it. Notice how in the tenth manga he tries but fails lol. Plus, Kakashi may know about the Kyuubi but however, he doesn't know how to handle it. This is why Jiraiya took Naruto under his wing

And Sakura may be smart, but she was extremely weak physically, thus needed to get her butt kicked by Tsunade ;)
Listening to: Suffocating Under Words of Sorrow by Bullet For My Valentine
Mood: Recovering
Thoughts: I only see half of the silver lining...
Renegade Chaos Angel
Visitor

Syntos wrote:
Jasminegreen wrote:Hi, I mean no offence to any fans by this thread, but i've always had a problem with this. We all know that the student Kakashi favors, and cares the most for, is Sasuke. But, given his bad attitude towards Naruto, and indifference to Sakura, doesn't it seem that Sasuke was the only one he cared anything for? Like is said, I mean no offense, and i'm hpoing for this to be a nice, friendly discussion. So, please, no name calling or harsh words.
Your explanation is a little harsh dontcha think?

Kakashi trained Sasuke only because Kakashi is probably the only one who could train him because of Sasukes Kekkei Genkai, the Sharingan eye, which Kakashi shares because he has Obitos left sharingan. Now that I mention it, hes the only one in the whole ninja continent who has the kekkei other than Sasuke (Note: I know that Kakashi does not have a kekkei like Sasuke)

That said, he only taught him Chidori because he knew Naruto couldn't handle it. Notice how in the tenth manga he tries but fails lol. Plus, Kakashi may know about the Kyuubi but however, he doesn't know how to handle it. This is why Jiraiya took Naruto under his wing

And Sakura may be smart, but she was extremely weak physically, thus needed to get her butt kicked by Tsunade ;)

Explanation a little harsh? Who's?