Kakashi; A bad mentor?

Jessie-Kah
Dragon Master Otaku

Re: Kakashi; A bad mentor?

Post by Jessie-Kah »

Renegade Chaos Angel wrote:
Syntos wrote:
Jasminegreen wrote:Hi, I mean no offence to any fans by this thread, but i've always had a problem with this. We all know that the student Kakashi favors, and cares the most for, is Sasuke. But, given his bad attitude towards Naruto, and indifference to Sakura, doesn't it seem that Sasuke was the only one he cared anything for? Like is said, I mean no offense, and i'm hpoing for this to be a nice, friendly discussion. So, please, no name calling or harsh words.
Your explanation is a little harsh dontcha think?

Kakashi trained Sasuke only because Kakashi is probably the only one who could train him because of Sasukes Kekkei Genkai, the Sharingan eye, which Kakashi shares because he has Obitos left sharingan. Now that I mention it, hes the only one in the whole ninja continent who has the kekkei other than Sasuke (Note: I know that Kakashi does not have a kekkei like Sasuke)

That said, he only taught him Chidori because he knew Naruto couldn't handle it. Notice how in the tenth manga he tries but fails lol. Plus, Kakashi may know about the Kyuubi but however, he doesn't know how to handle it. This is why Jiraiya took Naruto under his wing

And Sakura may be smart, but she was extremely weak physically, thus needed to get her butt kicked by Tsunade ;)

Explanation a little harsh? Who's?
I Think Jasminegreens explanation
Maybe its not my weekend
But its gonna be my year
And im so sick of watching while the minutes pass as i go nowhere
And this is my reaction, To everything i fear
Cause ive been going crazy i dont want to waste another minute here
Jasminegreen
Rookie Otaku

Post by Jasminegreen »

I apologize if it sounds harsh, but that's the way it seemed in my opinion. Kakashi just didn't seem to be that good a teacher, and barely cared anything for teaching, or his students.
"I wonder if the Raikage called us here for something big, or if he's just going to yell at us,I knew I shouldn't have put Mayonnaise on my fries."
Syntos
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Syntos »

Renegade Chaos Angel wrote:
Syntos wrote:
Jasminegreen wrote:Hi, I mean no offence to any fans by this thread, but i've always had a problem with this. We all know that the student Kakashi favors, and cares the most for, is Sasuke. But, given his bad attitude towards Naruto, and indifference to Sakura, doesn't it seem that Sasuke was the only one he cared anything for? Like is said, I mean no offense, and i'm hpoing for this to be a nice, friendly discussion. So, please, no name calling or harsh words.
Your explanation is a little harsh dontcha think?

Kakashi trained Sasuke only because Kakashi is probably the only one who could train him because of Sasukes Kekkei Genkai, the Sharingan eye, which Kakashi shares because he has Obitos left sharingan. Now that I mention it, hes the only one in the whole ninja continent who has the kekkei other than Sasuke (Note: I know that Kakashi does not have a kekkei like Sasuke)

That said, he only taught him Chidori because he knew Naruto couldn't handle it. Notice how in the tenth manga he tries but fails lol. Plus, Kakashi may know about the Kyuubi but however, he doesn't know how to handle it. This is why Jiraiya took Naruto under his wing

And Sakura may be smart, but she was extremely weak physically, thus needed to get her butt kicked by Tsunade ;)

Explanation a little harsh? Who's?
Jasmines
Listening to: Suffocating Under Words of Sorrow by Bullet For My Valentine
Mood: Recovering
Thoughts: I only see half of the silver lining...
Syntos
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Syntos »

Jasminegreen wrote:
I apologize if it sounds harsh, but that's the way it seemed in my opinion. Kakashi just didn't seem to be that good a teacher, and barely cared anything for teaching, or his students.
But, in your last post you said that he favored Sasuke

Wouldn't that mean that he cares for his students somewhat?

I quote the fourth manga:

"I will protect you with my life"- Kakashi Hatake
Syntos
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Syntos »

rich wrote:Yea Kakashi has took more notice of Sasuke. And gave Naruto that stupid guy with the sun glasses on, in episode 51 I {think}. But Kakashi is the best the time when he did the sennen Goroshi on naruto was awesome. Even though I think I would had washed my hands after ! :mrgreen:
Lol the stupid guy with glasses is Ebisu
Jasminegreen
Rookie Otaku

Post by Jasminegreen »

It may. But he wasn't really a good teacher, and didn't want to put forth any real effort, which could be why he stuck with the genius, because it was easy. Also, about the Manga quote. Kakashi will protect anyone. There's a difference in not caring for someone, and openly wanting them dead. I don't think Kakashi cares much for his students, but I don't think he'd stand by while they got killed, I mean, they are his responsibility, so he does have to watch them. Not just students, Kakashi protects any comrade.
"I wonder if the Raikage called us here for something big, or if he's just going to yell at us,I knew I shouldn't have put Mayonnaise on my fries."
Syntos
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Syntos »

Jasminegreen wrote:

It may. But he wasn't really a good teacher, and didn't want to put forth any real effort, which could be why he stuck with the genius, because it was easy. Also, about the Manga quote. Kakashi will protect anyone. There's a difference in not caring for someone, and openly wanting them dead. I don't think Kakashi cares much for his students, but I don't think he'd stand by while they got killed, I mean, they are his responsibility, so he does have to watch them. Not just students, Kakashi protects any comrade.
Haha I agree with you on the protection part :)
Renegade Chaos Angel
Visitor

Post by Renegade Chaos Angel »

Yup I do too.