I'm here, to remember old memories.

DJ ÑÎÑJÅ
Visitor

I'm here, to remember old memories.

Post by DJ ÑÎÑJÅ »

Now, I used to be "da bomb" at Yu-Gi-Oh!. I may have been...dare I say, "The Yu-Gi-Oh! Gangster." Now...I probably suck. Why? Well, first off, as I pointed out in the Pokemon reminiscing thread I made, times have changed. I remember when Dark Magician was the top dog, and if you had multiple Blue-Eyes White Dragons you were considered God...Now-a-days, it is all about,

"ELEMENTAL HERO GOD OF ENCHANTMENT OF DESTRUCTION AND FIRE AND ICE AND WATER AND THUNDER"

AND IF YOU GET THE, "CYBER CARD"

"CYBER ELEMENTAL HERO GOD OF ENCHANTMENT OF DESTRUCTION AND FIRE AND ICE AND WATER AND THUNDER"

Now, the point is, I used to love the game, but quite frankly, I believe it is time for something bigger, better, and a bit more new...Why? Because older cards are COMPLETELY forgotten...for no reason. I believe, it is time for Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pokemon, to die. They are O L D now. Sure, I may get flamed for this thread, but this is MY opinion. So, what are ya gonna do? :lol:

I just think Yu-Gi-Oh! needs to quit while it's ahead. So it will be remembered as a legend, not some repetitive game children bug their parents for.

'Tis all.

KoYue
Absolute Mega-Insane Otaku

Re: I'm here, to remember old memories.

Post by KoYue »

Lol I remember those days when it was all new. I beat so many kids and took their cards . . . I miss those days. I probably suck at the game now. :heh:
I'm just hoping YGO doesn't become like Pokemon with all this stupid, crappy merchandise on the shelves. If that happens (well, it's already happened, but if it continues to happen), people will forget how good the anime and the card game were. They'll think it's one of those shows that's only there, like you said, so little kids can't get their parents to buy them cheap toys so the companies get more money.
Aquí está la vela. Aquí está el camino. Ahora sígame al fin. . .
. . . stay together itsumo. . .
Chibis rule!
*~Find your reason to live~*

Kuragari

Post by Kuragari »

Imo, they screwed Yu Gi Oh up with the lameness of the "Hero" cards :/. Both of them. It was merely an attemt to sell cards to lil kids possibly, I dont know.. But if you can show me an E-hero thats actually really good, I'll give you a cookie. Whats really funny is, that if you use older cards (like i do, mostly old cards from before the "sacred beast" whatnots) you can still beat someone really bad ^^.

Anyway, Yu Gi Oh is getting old, but its not going to stop people from making cards or playing the cardgame. Just ask Wizards of the Coast with Magic: The Gathering. Its got thousands upon thousands of cards, and that game is older than Pokemon and that Starwars game (which, were both made by wizards of the coast)
"Sometimes you have to think in 4D."

davocio the shadow walker
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by davocio the shadow walker »

if only we cud bring the present and the past together

SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

xD IMO YGO died once they made GX. Sure some of the cards from it are cool and such but, like you all already said, they just aren't the same as the old ones. I have a friend who only has old cards, and he used to pwn like mad. Now he gets wipped by everyone because the new cards all interact and do stuff. I think that it took more skill back then to win, now its just a few card combos and you win, peice o` cake.
YGO has already, sadly, made it to the point of early-pokemon. There are things that should never exist being sold in stores nowadays >< it sickens me. T_T
Oh well, I'm with kuragari, just cause its gettig old, dun meen i wont stop playing. :mrgreen:
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket

DJ ÑÎÑJÅ
Visitor

Post by DJ ÑÎÑJÅ »

Yeah. I guess, Yu-Gi-Oh is a fun game to play occassionally, but I just don't find it fun anymore...

KoYue

Post by KoYue »

One of the things I find really annoying is the way little kids say Jaden's dumb catchphrase. Then there are those that think they can play really good and don't know a single rule. The game's no longer a battle of minds. All the new combos seem too easy to make. I miss playing the game against a serious opponent . . . :(
Chibis rule!

Kuragari

Post by Kuragari »

OMG I am really tired of hearing that "Get your game on!" ><Some>< I had to go inside the bookstore three times so the headache from hearing that over and over would go away.. ^^;

KoYue

Post by KoYue »

Poor kids don't know they're being brainwashed by a monster organization called 4Kids . . .
Chibis rule!

Spike07
Rookie Otaku

Post by Spike07 »

KoYue wrote:Poor kids don't know they're being brainwashed by a monster organization called 4Kids . . .

Hey baby! where is my smmotch?? :pirate:

KoYue

Post by KoYue »

Your post has nothing to do with this topic.
Chibis rule!

Spike07
Rookie Otaku

Post by Spike07 »

KoYue wrote:Your post has nothing to do with this topic.

it does! Your my woman!

KoYue

Post by KoYue »

And you're a nuisance.
Chibis rule!

Spike07
Rookie Otaku

Post by Spike07 »

KoYue wrote:And you're a nuisance.

dont talk that way bbbbiach.

Kuragari

Post by Kuragari »

KoYue wrote:Poor kids don't know they're being brainwashed by a monster organization called 4Kids . . .
Eww, 4Kids.. The only thing that doesnt taste good with hot sauce on it :P. 4kids really screwed Yu Gi Oh up, what with people holding invisible guns and whatnot.

Kuragari

Post by Kuragari »

Spike07 wrote:
KoYue wrote:And you're a nuisance.

dont talk that way bbbbiach.

Dont talk to KoYue like that >>