Yu-Gi-Oh! = Yu-Gi-Oh! GX

Should there be another spin off show after GX?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 6

Yami Haga-Ryuzaki
Absolute Otaku

Yu-Gi-Oh! = Yu-Gi-Oh! GX

Post by Yami Haga-Ryuzaki »

I personally love both series; the original AND the spin-off. But there are a few things I've noticed that are a little strange.

...like how they're RE-CREATED characters.

Here's my little list of re-incarnates, whether it be personality, traits or just appearance;

Joey/Jounouchi = Jaden/Judai
Both jokers by nature, with the silly grin - and both Jaden and Joey can get peeved when people point out their stupidity.
e.g - Jaden in Episode 2 where he gets angry at Bastion for questioning him just realising the coloured ranks.

Yugi = Syrus/Sho
You must have realised these two;
-are short
-have funny hair
-same shaped eyes
-embarassed around girls
e.g - Yugi with Vivian and Rebecca in the KC prix tournament, and Syrus with Dark Magician Girl and Alexis.
Personalities are WAY different however. Just a few things.

Seto = Chazz/Manjoume
Le'see...
-are both rich
-both hate main character
-use dragons
-don't like/believe in spirits
Chazz is a bit more 3 dimensional than Seto is; as Seto is only kind towards Mokuba; while Chazz opens up as the series goes on - but that's the similarities I found.

Duke/Otogi = Atticus/Fubuki
They're both lady-killers. Duke has hoards of fangirls with hearts in their eyes - and so does Atticus.
Need I say more?
Oh - yes, Atticus does look like Seto; so I suppose that works out for him in his favor.

Ryou = Bastion/Daichi
Just the horrible british accent; that's it really.

Anyone else have any similarities to add to the list?

By the way; I'm sure we're all quite aware of Alexis/Asuka's haircut looking like Seto's haircut, as does Atticus's.
I wish to the starry sky, I pray to the Earth
and swear to a love that will not fade.
Dreams

Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! = Yu-Gi-Oh! GX

Post by Dreams »

I hate spinoffs with a passion, so my vote is a big NO. Yuugi-ou is probably my favorite anime ever, so I never had the heart to watch GX (and don't cared to be griped at about not giving it a chance). I learned my lesson with other shows... like that crap they pulled with Digimon. It ruined it.
Пуля в сердце, мозг на дверцу...
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." ~Romans 6:23
Spellcaster
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Spellcaster »

I wouldn't mind if they ahve another spin off so long as it has a good storyline and some hot characters :mrgreen:
Curently listening to: Shijun no Zankoku
Currently watching: Hana Yori Dango
Currently reading: Twilight series

Vampires && humans can live co-existently
Symos
Absolute Otaku

Post by Symos »

Well, at least there isn't a watered down Atem
In an uncaring universe it is up to us to determine our own destinies.
Yami Haga-Ryuzaki
Absolute Otaku

Post by Yami Haga-Ryuzaki »

Symos wrote:Well, at least there isn't a watered down Atem
I dunno... I think they tried to make one briefly...
Luckily it was a single episode character.

Abidos the Third
This is actually the one episode I never fully watched. Heh xD

Jaden/Judai actually acts a little like Atem now after the whole 'transformation'
Spoiler
Show
-being fused with Yubel turned him into a miniture Yami - except he's a bit darker and has a freaky green eye.
That's it.
I understand what you mean there Dreams. The newest Digimon... savers was it? Gives me the CREEPS.
I didn't mind the one with the fat kid though; the series where the humans are digimons or whatever...
I wish to the starry sky, I pray to the Earth
and swear to a love that will not fade.
Renegade Chaos Angel
Visitor

Post by Renegade Chaos Angel »

Yami Haga-Ryuzaki wrote:I personally love both series; the original AND the spin-off. But there are a few things I've noticed that are a little strange.

...like how they're RE-CREATED characters.

Here's my little list of re-incarnates, whether it be personality, traits or just appearance;

Joey/Jounouchi = Jaden/Judai
Both jokers by nature, with the silly grin - and both Jaden and Joey can get peeved when people point out their stupidity.
e.g - Jaden in Episode 2 where he gets angry at Bastion for questioning him just realising the coloured ranks.

Yugi = Syrus/Sho
You must have realised these two;

Actually I always thought of Jaden/Judai was more like the pharaoh(not sure of spelling, sorry). Though Seto and Chazz are a lot alike and a lot unalike.
-are short
-have funny hair
-same shaped eyes
-embarassed around girls
e.g - Yugi with Vivian and Rebecca in the KC prix tournament, and Syrus with Dark Magician Girl and Alexis.
Personalities are WAY different however. Just a few things.

Seto = Chazz/Manjoume
Le'see...
-are both rich
-both hate main character
-use dragons
-don't like/believe in spirits
Chazz is a bit more 3 dimensional than Seto is; as Seto is only kind towards Mokuba; while Chazz opens up as the series goes on - but that's the similarities I found.

Duke/Otogi = Atticus/Fubuki
They're both lady-killers. Duke has hoards of fangirls with hearts in their eyes - and so does Atticus.
Need I say more?
Oh - yes, Atticus does look like Seto; so I suppose that works out for him in his favor.

Ryou = Bastion/Daichi
Just the horrible british accent; that's it really.

Anyone else have any similarities to add to the list?

By the way; I'm sure we're all quite aware of Alexis/Asuka's haircut looking like Seto's haircut, as does Atticus's.
There should be. Sorry if there is a double post. I thought that Jaden was more like the pharaoh(sorry about the spelling). Seto and Chazz are a lot alike and a lot unalike.
Starkiller
Newbie Otaku

Post by Starkiller »

Kaiba = Zane
They have little brothers

Joey = Atticus
They have younger sisters. Idk if Alexis is younger than Atticus, but it looks as they do.

Dartz = Sartorious
If players lose a duel, their souls are sealed by the Orichalcos or the Society of Light (since they're considered shadow games). Their voices are low toned and at the beginning of the season, they wear cloaks with hoods; and the characters only stay for the entire season. Other than that, idk what else makes these two guys almost similar to each other's traits and goals.

Mako = The pirate in GX Season 1 that Jaden duels in the submarine
These two are water duelists and have water decks; except that Jaden's boat took a hit when he decided to leave the pirate after the duel.