Anti Yu-Gi-Oh spam clan

Symos
Absolute Otaku

re: Anti Yu-Gi-Oh spam clan

Post by Symos »

You'd think so...
In an uncaring universe it is up to us to determine our own destinies.
Shaun
Visitor

Post by Shaun »

All you do his PM him, and wait for a reply.
Symos
Absolute Otaku

Post by Symos »

Still won't gurantee the thread will dissapear. Sometimes I think the top mods encourage spam.
In an uncaring universe it is up to us to determine our own destinies.
Shaun
Visitor

Post by Shaun »

Not all of them.
tsukuyomi
Dragon Master Otaku

Re: re: Anti Yu-Gi-Oh spam clan

Post by tsukuyomi »

Mai wrote:
tsukuyomi wrote:I wonder if people actually know what spam truely is, some seem to think the forum is for flirting, chit chat or telling blatant lies. While not all of it may be spam a lot could be in pm's instead of topics.

As for an anti spam clan, the only people i have noticed here who dont spam at all are Quaker, Matt and whatever Bishiehunter is called now. :roll:
we all have caused spam here. no one can deny it. im not saying i am perfect. or am i saying anyone else is.

at least i am trying. what are you doing about it? makeing rather senseless posts about who you think did the least amount of spam?

eigther come in here with a problem of a thread or leave.

BEWD, i have everyone i need and i am not accepting your offer as of now. Why well,tsukuyomi had one point. You have spammed so much and i have warned you in the past several times. try again later when you make mends like others have.
Surely dosent pointing out the people who spam the least make them better candidates for an anti spam clan? It makes sense to me, i mean what would be the point of it if you was to put the worst spammers in it anyway? :?

As for what am i doing about it? Im not a moderator but i always try to discourage spam and try to keep on topic, i dont post chit chat about unrelated things and i try to give out useful information. I simply try not to spam so i am always doing something about it.

I think its great if you are seriously attempting to clear spam but it wouldt be much good if the ASC are spammers themselves and you just picked them because they were your buddys. I thought your thread was serious about tackling spam, if it is not then it is just spam itself.

So theres my problem with your thread.
Shaun
Visitor

Post by Shaun »

Nobody can prevent spam. =;
Kyle Bloodheart
Visitor

Anti Yu-Gi-Oh spam clan

Post by Kyle Bloodheart »

SPAM is.
S-Stupid (incoherent babble) (not all one word posts are babble)
P-Pointless (off topic discussions, advertising)
A-Annoying (insulting)
M-Messages (posts)

Going off topic for a couple posts isn't a problem, because humans get sidetracked. Going off topic for a page, or more, is a waste, and is SPAM.
The point Mai is trying to make is that you all need to get your acts together, and not just you, and not just here.
Shaun
Visitor

Post by Shaun »

Is spamming illegal?

Man gets nine years for spamming
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4426949.stm
Kyle Bloodheart
Visitor

Anti Yu-Gi-Oh spam clan

That person was commiting mail fraud, and business fraud.

You can get jail time for mail, and e-mail SPAMing, because it is unwanted solicitation.
Ayame's Lady
Visitor

Re: Anti Yu-Gi-Oh spam clan

Post by Ayame's Lady »

Kyle Bloodheart wrote:SPAM is.
S-Stupid (incoherent babble) (not all one word posts are babble)
P-Pointless (off topic discussions, advertising)
A-Annoying (insulting)
M-Messages (posts)

Going off topic for a couple posts isn't a problem, because humans get sidetracked. Going off topic for a page, or more, is a waste, and is SPAM.
The point Mai is trying to make is that you all need to get your acts together, and not just you, and not just here.
I have been trying to get people on here to understand that, when the moderators havent been around as much. I have seen a lot of off topic and one word reply posts in this section.

It's rather annoying. I did it for a litle bit, and the moderators didnt even tell me to stop. That was a test.

People have a bad habit of posting pages and pages about very off topic things.

](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Kyle Bloodheart
Visitor

Anti Yu-Gi-Oh spam clan

Most of the moderators are on in the evening, and late at night. They aren't able to catch the problem users during the day, as the problem users are on during the day, and the moderators aren't.

People post pages of off-topic messages because they think this is a chat room, and don't see this as a message board.

Almost all the moderators don't have their online status hidden, so you can see when they are online, and when they aren't.
Blue Destiny Of Dartz
Visitor

Post by Blue Destiny Of Dartz »

Ayame's Lady wrote:Mai, I have been constantly telling people here not to spam, but do they listen? No.
They do not pay attention to the rules, so in the end I gave up. I noticed this problem way before you did this topic, and no-one seemed to do much about it.
This is because spam here is not seen as being the same with every other forum.
Every other forum sees spam as:

Off topic posts
One word reply answers
Inability to follow rules
Not just advertising.

I will help you Mai, and as a moderator on two other forums, I can help people a little bit more about spamming.

People still spam here now, and I have recently spammed a little bit because people really couldnt care less.

Blue Destiny, you are spamming.

Darn is not a viable answer [-X
And by the spam guidelines, that was not a spam
even "Monekey.php" is not classed as a spam. The top mods know this but you don't, you really need to check the rules with the webmaster
MoonlightRose Kurama
Absolute Otaku

Post by MoonlightRose Kurama »

Mai wrote:
AnimeRules!(CDM) wrote:Tye:What about me?Or do I need to pull a pity rutine for an answer?I want to help please?!
I didn't know you had asked. once this gets moving along i'll be sure to add you.
Tye:Yeah!
I'm with Dark V!
Things Not To Do At Hogwarts:

Crashing a Ford Anglia into the Whomping willow is not the best entrance to make. Crashing it into Snape's office is.
Visitor

Post by Guest »

I know what spam is thank you very much, I have moderated many forums, been on many, so I dont want anyone else telling me that what I think of spam is wrong.
Go on any other forum, and you will see topics that are well moderated. If someone makes an off topic post, they get warned, but they do not get an actual warning. Ya know, its like a verbal one.
If they keep on spamming, they will get warning points, and will get banned when they reach a certain level.
Not every forum does this, but every other admin/mod on a forum would agree with my views on what spam is like, and how topics should be locked.

OOC: Random thought. the way topics are organised is pretty messy.
Say someone makes a new post in a topic. It doesnt show up on the first, a new post could be made on a topic that goes back several pages which no-one rarely notices.
So, spam would go unseen.

The rules need to be sorted out properly, get some better guidelines.

I cant believe mods on here had the cheek to spam on here, esp in my topic which contained the personality test. I thought I would have been told off for not sticking to the rules, but obviously not.

also, get rid of this spell check button. People dont use it, because some of the grammar in posts can be unreadable. Not saying everyones spelling has to be perfect, but they could try and make it so that other people would be able to follow them.

Even this forum as a whole shows some disrespect to its forum members.

Any other forum, and I mean it, if you wanted a topic closed, you can ask the permission of an admin/mod of that section to lock it.
For any reason. They actually respect a members feelings, and they lock the topic for them.

All I wanted was for my topic to be locked because it was starting to cause spam, plus, it was getting tiresome.

As far as I see things, if someone wants their topic locked because its continually being posted with spam, then it should be locked.

You now wanna tell me that I don't know what the hell I am talking about?

Please. This forum doesnt really do anything about spam as a whole.

I have yet to see a topic that has contained meaningful discussions.

Topics created generally are boring.

If i try to create a topic that tries not to attract spam, people usually come along and spam it anyway.

This is Ayame's lady btw, and i am over and out.

Please do not quote this whole post and give a two word answer, or something that totally takes the p*ss out of this.

cya later.
Kyle Bloodheart
Visitor

Anti Yu-Gi-Oh spam clan

"Say someone makes a new post in a topic. It doesnt show up on the first, a new post could be made on a topic that goes back several pages which no-one rarely notices. So, spam would go unseen."

There is a little thing in the top right corner, and bottom right corner that you can use to sort by date topic is made, or sort by latest post.

"also, get rid of this spell check button. People dont use it, because some of the grammar in posts can be unreadable. Not saying everyones spelling has to be perfect, but they could try and make it so that other people would be able to follow them."

Many people do use the spellcheck button. It may be the second least used thing on this forum, but it is used. The least used feature is the sort by latest post button on the top right, and bottom right corner of the forums. As for using the spell check, you need to use it some as well.
Your words "dont" "doesnt" are spelled don't and doesn't.

We aren't forum Nazis. We try to teach people how not to SPAM, and have succeeded in some cases.
Chaos Flame
Visitor

Re: Anti Yu-Gi-Oh spam clan

Post by Chaos Flame »

Mai wrote:Am I the only one who has notcied the amount of spam/flaming/off topicness?

I am making this to try and stop all this nonsense.But, to do so i need other members help as well.

Here is what i am looking for...

1.) knowledge of Yu-Gi-Oh
2.) has okay backgorund. Meaning not too much spamming being done
3.) looking for members not just moderators.
4.) Fairly active. come on at least 3 times a week
5.) can handle tough situations.

DO NOT PM ME IF YOU WANT TO JOIN.Simple say so in here and me and quaker will evaluate you.

This thread is for the members to discuss what has been going on in yu-gi-oh. you can talk in here if you arent a member of the Anti Yu-Gi-Oh spam clan but you must follow the rules.

Rules.

1.) no spamming (obvious)
2.) Disrespect to AYSC members not allowed
3.) must have useful posts. Nothing pointless

Here you guys can post a topic for someone to check out a thread your worried about. AYSC members will be more than happy to comply.

There will only be 5 members.

2/5

1. Mai
2. Quaker
3. Annaxubella.
4. Yami Haga Ryuzaki
5. Dark Alchemist

WE need help you guys. It's time for someone to finally take action.

After we have % members do not request to join. If we need more we will start to recruit more members.

<3 always

>Mai<
can i join?