Thus The English Title "Samurai X" fits for Ruroun

HiToKiRi_08
Visitor

Thus The English Title "Samurai X" fits for Ruroun

Post by HiToKiRi_08 »

Thus The English Title "Samurai X" fits for Rurouni Kenshin?
..shuichi..
Absolute Otaku

re: Thus The English Title "Samurai X" fits for Ru

Post by ..shuichi.. »

Definitely! In my country is "Samurai X" too and I only found out it is Rorouni Kenshin a few mounths ago... weird, really weird... at least in my opinion
Kenshin
Visitor

Post by Kenshin »

I heard of both Rurouni Kenshin and Samurai X although i heard rurouni kenshin b4 Samurai X
Dark Lilly
Ex-Moderator

Post by Dark Lilly »

Generally speaking, the 95 episodes created for TV are referred to as Rurouni Kenshin and Samurai X referres to the OVA’s.

Rurouni Kenshin: TV, 95 episodes – 1996

Rurouni Kenshin: Requiem for the Restoration Royalists - 1 episode - 1997

Samurai X OVA: Reminiscence (Trust Betrayal), 4 episodes -1999 [Things that happen before the TV series]

Samurai X OVA: Seisouhen (Reflection) - 2 – 2001 [Things that happen after the TV series]

Samurai X OVA : The Directors Cut (a condensed version of Reminiscence and Reflection)
Stand back! This old Otaku has PMS, a broadsword, a double bladed battle ax, a flail, dagger in her teeth and a pistol in her belt.
HiToKiRi_08
Visitor

Post by HiToKiRi_08 »

i think it's really rurouni kenshin... the title samurai x is it's english title while rurouni kenshin is the original title... the 2 ova's title was rurouni kenshin tsuikouhen & rurouni kenshin seisouhen...
HiToKiRi_08
Visitor

Post by HiToKiRi_08 »

Dark Lilly wrote:Generally speaking, the 95 episodes created for TV are referred to as Rurouni Kenshin and Samurai X referres to the OVA’s.

Rurouni Kenshin: TV, 95 episodes – 1996

Rurouni Kenshin: Requiem for the Restoration Royalists - 1 episode - 1997

Samurai X OVA: Reminiscence (Trust Betrayal), 4 episodes -1999 [Things that happen before the TV series]

Samurai X OVA: Seisouhen (Reflection) - 2 – 2001 [Things that happen after the TV series]

Samurai X OVA : The Directors Cut (a condensed version of Reminiscence and Reflection)

Nobuhiro addmitted that the title was created to describe kenshin, a wanderer. he's a rurounin.
rurou - wandering vagabond, and nin - for man or person. when the anime was brought over to america for americans to view it, they say that the title
rurouni kenshin or Wandering kenshin is misleading.
so the americans entitled it base on kenshin's appearance. "this guy is using a samurai sword, so i guess he's a samurai. but "Samurai" alone isn't a good one... let's see... hmm... what the?! he has a CROSS_SCAR on his left cheeck... i know! let's call him 'SAMURAI X' " (i know... it's lame) and in my opinion, it is more misleading than "Wandering Kenshin". now because of the title, everybody believes that kenshin is a samurai. tsk tsk...
foilsabre
Baka Otaku

Re: Thus The English Title "Samurai X" fits for Ruroun

Post by foilsabre »

For my opinion, yes! the english title samurai x best fits for ruroun.
ScarredSwordHeart
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by ScarredSwordHeart »

I hate the Samurai X title. Kenshin isn't a samurai. Properly referred to, he is a kenshi, a non-samurai who is highly adept at swordsmanship. I think the name Kenshin is a play on this word.
Last edited by ScarredSwordHeart on Feb 11, 2010 9:53am, edited 1 time in total.
KawaiiGirl104
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by KawaiiGirl104 »

I've only seen 1 episode of Rurouni Kenshin and I have to agree with ScarredSwordHeart: Himura Kenshin is NOT a Samurai. If he was, then I might not even get past the first episode or so.
And what's the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.
Whatever you say, I'm still taking your cake.
http://www.youtube.com/user/KawaiiGirl104/ Subscribe please!!!!