hack// goes online for real

PK-Sora
Visitor

Post by PK-Sora »

Famitsu reveal that the next .hack// game is to be online.

The Japanese magazine, Famitsu, has revealed that the next game in the .hack series will be online, a first for the series.

.hack//fragment will allow gamers to create their own character, giving them a name, gender, job and physical appearance. Fragment is said to offer a full online experience, allowing you to team up with two other online players. You can chat and email with other players, as well as setting up your own guilds. Fans of the series will be pleased to know that no online subscription fee will be charged for playing online.

Those who can't play online will join two computer controlled characters from the .hack comics, games or anime series. You can also take the offline character, with all the gained stats, into the online game.

As well as online play .hack//fragment will feature the ability to build your own environments on your PC. The game is due for release in Japan later this year, but there is no word on a western release.
http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/nid/987/1014/
Xehanort
Visitor

re: hack// goes online for real

Post by Xehanort »

Oh me god!!!!*faints then wakes up and has a heart attack*
pyropike
Visitor

Post by pyropike »

awsome ive been waiting to play .hack online for ages
kukutaru_ookami
Uber Otaku

Post by kukutaru_ookami »

this came up in a few other topics in these forum but I don't think any topics wer emade just for it I could be wrong but this was mentioned in the what class would you be thread
For NaruHina fans (AU): http://viridian.fanficauthors.net/Team_8/index.php
"Kakkou dakenara sayonara koi jyanaideshou?"
PK-Sora
Visitor

Post by PK-Sora »

I dont know but it has a thread, what class do you want to be and your character name, age gender and hair and eye type.

Name: Hojou
Class: Wavemaster
Hair: Brown
Eye: Brown
kukutaru_ookami
Uber Otaku

oh so easy
name:striker
eyes:hazel
hair:orange(spiked)
class:twin blade
PK-Sora
Visitor

Post by PK-Sora »

Good idea for a player
kukutaru_ookami
Uber Otaku

hehe thanks I've spent a lot of time perfecting my archtype in case this ever happened
PK-Sora
Visitor

Post by PK-Sora »

your welcome
Sesshomaru-sama
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Sesshomaru-sama »

well .hack//Fragment "IS" coming out here in the west in 2006, and I can't wait...
humans...how i envy...
PK-Sora
Visitor

Post by PK-Sora »

do you know the date>?
hades cycle
Visitor

Post by hades cycle »

Very very interesting indeed! Being one of the biggest fans of .hack, it's big big news for me. I wonder how many people will play it? Millions (I doubt that)? Hundreds of thousands (more likely)? Oh, I can't wait! Also, this is somewhat regarding the subject, there is a .hack game were you chat with other players. You can search it up on google, just type in .hack chat and it will come up with some jap print. If you find out how to create a character, know that other english people play the game, mostly jap and chineese though.
fock-o jake-o
Rookie Otaku

Post by fock-o jake-o »

it's about freakin time. i mean the story (anime, manga, and video game) is about an online game right?
JAKE IS BACK BIATCH!!!
Kaworu Nagisa
Visitor

Post by Kaworu Nagisa »

I heard somewhere that it might not really be online though... you just get to make your own character and play through a set number of levels... or something...? Maybe a little like "Fable"? *ponders* :-k
kukutaru_ookami
Uber Otaku

okay here's what I know about .//hack fragments online offline-(online part)it is going to be an MORPG(multiplayer online role playing game) bandai will have a main server set up and you're computer will act as a seprate mini server it will link with other computers of the same type form there you'll enter a large "lobby" where you find two other memebers to team up with using keywords you will create dungons along with default dungeons created by Bandai. As with the show(and offline only games)they'll be message boards and private messageing. You'll create custom characters using class type(twin blade blade master etc.)and using certain traits(ex. twin blades are smaller than hevyaxe man/woman but taller than wavemasters) (offline part) the oflfine hlaf of this game will be similar to other .//hack offline games, unfourtantly that's all I know about this half course I'm not buying it for it's offline proprties, and how many can honestly say they are
Sesshomaru-sama
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by Sesshomaru-sama »

:-k true true... but I read that it was coming out in 2006 anywhere between January-June but you know how some companies are they will probably hold it back from public for a few more weeks to months...<sigh>
humans...how i envy...