.hack//fragment

Nathan~Chevalier
Absolute Otaku

.hack//fragment

Post by Nathan~Chevalier »

THE DAMM JAPANESE ARE KEEPING IT ALL TO THEM SELVES, THERE WILL BE NO US VERSION OF THE GAME MADE!!! IM SOOOOO PISSED :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
The Original Homunculus Pride
"Your Joy is Proof that you've Shared your Happiness with Someone...
Your Sadness is Proof you've Shared your Suffering with Someone..." Ah! my goddess
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnpuxxhh ... re=related
Blue Haired Jesus
Absolute Otaku

Re: .hack//fragment

Post by Blue Haired Jesus »

Alot of people already know that. It was announced at E3 last year. And I know how you feel, I REALLY like .hack//.
Krimmu Za Rabbitto
Master Otaku

Post by Krimmu Za Rabbitto »

How come?
Hello,Everyone I'm nicest one sometimes I getting angry.
Blue Haired Jesus
Absolute Otaku

Post by Blue Haired Jesus »

I think it had to do with the sales in japan or something like that.
I AM THE BLUE HAIRED JESUS!
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*)-General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Second in Command of the Black Knights
Krimmu Za Rabbitto
Master Otaku

Post by Krimmu Za Rabbitto »

Oh.
Hello,Everyone I'm nicest one sometimes I getting angry.
Ethereal Blaze
Absolute Otaku

Post by Ethereal Blaze »

not necessarily. some games only gate a japanese relase. i believe Suikoden 3, Seiken Densetsu 3 were like that aswell. with Seiken, we can download that in English due to fansubs. perhaps you can import Fragment. or download the disc image and burn it as a pirate game.
Hate cheats?
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
See you on the battlefield...
Haruhi
Ramen Slurping Otaku

Post by Haruhi »

Sorry to bump this after so long, but actually it was mainly due to the failure of sales in Japan.

Bandai was losing money so they quickly pulled out from fragment, and discontinued the servers. The game's dead, and I highly doubt there will be any sort of .hack MMORPG any time soon, if at all. Plus, I'd be a little too disappointed with it if it did actually come out. It could never compare to the real story and the actual games that predated it. It would just sort of be "there". Sure I would enjoy it, but it would be pretty empty because of the lack of mystery.

Plus it would be lame seeing all the newbs trying to make their character like one of the dot hackers, or something like that, and trying to "uncover" some secret within the world.
Ethereal Blaze
Absolute Otaku

Post by Ethereal Blaze »

i agree with you haruhi. your rather intelligent, and i have quite a bit of respect for you all ready. how ever, i believe a dotHack MMO would work, but Bandai took the wrong focus with it. here's how i would run it:

one time price (like Guild Wars)
several severs (like the delta, etc)
events like in the manga/anime (however, these would be purely ficticious, perhaps the most real thing would be a prize shipped out to the winner)
full character customization (only the severe, uncreative n00bs would become Kite, Blackrose, Balmung, etc)

basically, like any other MMO, just set in a dotHack environment. plus, since Fragment was released on the PS2 rather than PC, its server's wouldn't get used as much, as the PS2's online functions were less than adequate.
Hate cheats?
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
See you on the battlefield...