The price of Manga...

Discussions about manga, comics, magazines, and books.
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

The price of Manga...

Post by Cold Revolver »

I have been reading Blame! and Blade of the Immortal, BLADE costs me close to 20 bucks a book but I am sure its because of the art and the quality but still.. Blame! on the other hand is around 10 dollars at cost and is also superb in quality but what ever happened to the days where manga was around 5 to 7 bucks each?

I think the quality of Manga and books in general have gone up but so has the price because taxes and weak ass bush... George.... Anyways just a simple question realy..

I love blaming Bush for everything only because its the American way. :D
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
Ryukon
Uber Otaku

re: The price of Manga...

Post by Ryukon »

Actually, I've thought the price of manga nowadays were how it's always been. I didn't think they were any cheaper back then.

But then again...I haven't been an active manga reader until the past 3 or 4 years, so I can't say much about it.

I'm guessing the reason prices go up is because more and more people are buying them up. But that's an odd concept: increase prices due to increase demand. I would think it'd be the opposite.

Maybe if you got a ton of people together and do that survey thing in some manga books about the cost of manga or write something to them that they could lower the price. :lol: worth a try
Blue like. Like blue.
~龍子
Pyro Psycho

Post by Pyro Psycho »

Well it depends how big the book is. Like the first 2 trigun volumes cost me 15 bucks. But I haven't bought the manga so I don't know XD
i told yuo about stares dog
Sushigirl
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sushigirl »

i always thought all mangas were the same price (9.99)unless u go bargain shopping.
*~she tied you to a kitchen chair, she broke your throne, she cut your hair, and from your lips she drew the hallelujah~*
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Post by Cold Revolver »

No not at all, Manga used to be 7.99 or sometimes rarely they were priced at 6.99. They have not been like that for a few years, although the more popular the manga the higher price there going to be.

Blade of the immortal is one of those, But none of you know what that is since you all never postd in my Blade of the immortal thread. Sad realy. :D
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
Dark Wing
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Dark Wing »

I know they are really pricey at 10 bucks a pop I hate it thats why I try and pirate all mine :D
I know love because I know hate, I know joy because I know sorrow, I know pleasure because I know pain, I know the value of life because I know death all to well.

"There is no shame in Love or Friendship even those of Light and Darkness know this."
Alexiel Strife
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Alexiel Strife »

I agree the price of manga is too high nowadays. Like someone said the more popular the manga the more expensive it's going to be. Me personally have; AnD I say with honor have spent close to $700 on manga alone in the last month. :x Gugh so many things I could have bought.
My point is if you want something of quality you have to pay the price. If you pirate your manga you don't get to satisfaction of holding the books. I personally like to alphabatize all my manga and share with my friends who let me borrow some. thus creating more fans of manga

I converted 5 people on to manga :twisted: All My little servants.
here to prove what justice is
Dark Wing
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Dark Wing »

yea yea I've heard it all before. How you can't get a real feel for it unless your holding it in you hand :roll:. Well the way I see it all I have to do is see it a few times and I'm good :D. All I'm trying to do is save a little cash 8). I ask you is that so wrong :heh:.
I know love because I know hate, I know joy because I know sorrow, I know pleasure because I know pain, I know the value of life because I know death all to well.

"There is no shame in Love or Friendship even those of Light and Darkness know this."
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

manga would sell a lot more if it was cheaper, but its selling a lot now so most likely the price is gonna keep going up. Can you believe that ghost in the shell is like 25 bucks? and there isn't even a lot of pages in it.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
Alexiel Strife
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Alexiel Strife »

I said I agree with you pepole. I recently stop buying it. I think I have enough manga for the month. I'm into buying DVDs now I just got GANTZ and SAMURAI CHAMPLOO. I love them both.
oh question where can I find a site to pirate my manga :twisted: I'm going to the dark side.

MWAAhaaaahaahaaa
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

stoptazmo.com
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
OniKira
Absolute Otaku

Post by OniKira »

What? I disagree with some ppl here...

OKay, about 4 years ago, most manga books were slightly taller and thinner. They used to cost anywhere from 10.95-15.95. Evangelion, Hellsing, Ranma, all those blockbuster titles were very expensive. If you've noticed, Eva and Hellsing and all them have been republished into smaller books, with good prices such as 9.99. And then we've got Shonen Jump mangas that cost 7.95! Thats pretty damn good to me.

I'm not too sure, perhaps I haven't been in the manga scene for too long, assuming 4-5 years isnt long enough. I find today's prices to be acceptable. Things could still be cheaper, but for the quality, I find today's manga prices to be just fine.
OniRuroKen=OniLawliet=OniKira
I promise, this is the last name change. And don't you dare take one of my old names. I'll write you down if you do.

Equality. Tolerance. Respect.
Duelist of the Twilight
Uber Otaku

Post by Duelist of the Twilight »

Mangas are expensive but where I go to, I get mangas for $8.99.
*Oh my Lord, she came back!*
Chillin like a penguin in the artic that is Plattsburgh, NY
JefferyXie
Visitor

Post by JefferyXie »

taxes has risen the prices of manga.i mean come on,everything in society costs extra.it is probably due to ecnomical reasons.still manga is good for us.
Alexiel Strife
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Alexiel Strife »

"What? I disagree with some ppl here...

OKay, about 4 years ago, most manga books were slightly taller and thinner. They used to cost anywhere from 10.95-15.95. Evangelion, Hellsing, Ranma, all those blockbuster titles were very expensive. If you've noticed, Eva and Hellsing and all them have been republished into smaller books, with good prices such as 9.99. And then we've got Shonen Jump mangas that cost 7.95! Thats pretty damn good to me. "

"I'm not too sure, perhaps I haven't been in the manga scene for too long, assuming 4-5 years isnt long enough. I find today's prices to be acceptable. Things could still be cheaper, but for the quality, I find today's manga prices to be just fine."

Ur wrong,a little bit. Hellsing is still like 13.99 and eva varies on what version you buy; the resent release is 9.99 but the comix are like 3.75 and the graphic novels are like 12.99. Not hattin just sayin [/quote]
OniKira
Absolute Otaku

Post by OniKira »

^depends which hellsing you buy. ironically, hardcover hellsing at barnes and noble are 9.99 and those taller eva books are rarer. the reprinted are 9.99
OniRuroKen=OniLawliet=OniKira
I promise, this is the last name change. And don't you dare take one of my old names. I'll write you down if you do.

Equality. Tolerance. Respect.