Mushishi

Discussions about manga, comics, magazines, and books.
Demyx
Visitor

Mushishi

Post by Demyx »

Its still fairly new, I believe, and I haven't heard much about it. But I was browsing Borders and found the first one, and when I read it, I thought it was very charming. I guess if I had to compare it to a classic, it was much like The Petshop of Horrors. The similarities aren't very subtle, but they are there. Of course, I'm sure I'll get some criticism for the comparison.
maven
Mobile Suit Otaku

Re: Mushishi

Post by maven »

Mushishi is one of the best manga titles and anime series out there. It is simply one of my favorites because of its original storyline, though episodic there is still continuity in some parts of the story. Not to mention it is beautifully drawn in the manga and looked even better animated. What appealed it to me more is that it deals with life, death and focuses on nature itself. Whether you get this by manga or anime this is really a rare gem.

I haven't read the manga of Petshop of horrors and have yet to see more of its episodes (I vaguely can remember it either) for me to comment on the comparison..
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Post by Cold Revolver »

What is this manga about?
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
maven
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by maven »

It follows the travels of a Mushishi named Ginko (Mushishi is someone who gathers/study mushi; Mushi are like primitive life forms that reside in nature or is even part of nature itself)as he aids people who are affected by mushis. The overall story does not merely focus on the protagonist but more on the characters he meets along the way as they try to co-exist with mushis.