Your Personal Stash of Manga.

Discussions about manga, comics, magazines, and books.
Karin Rengu
Absolute Otaku

Re: Your Personal Stash of Manga.

Post by Karin Rengu »

Yea! I'm hoping next year I can go to Japan for a month on the reverse exchange program! I can't wait!

To keep on topic...I just added the first 2 volumes of Love Hina to my collection! And a random volume of Kenshin
L's Fan Club (Anti-Light)-President
Third in Command of the Black Knights
My Mod App.
Yuki~
Absolute Otaku

Post by Yuki~ »

^^ I'm so excited about going to Japan... ^^ I'm planning on going there again after I finish my college....

Back to topic: i just added xxxHolic 12 to my collection ^^
olááá
L'Arc~en~Ciel forever~
o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o
quando pousar e abrir os olhos como seria bom se te encontrasse com um sorriso...
tchau~
Karin Rengu
Absolute Otaku

Post by Karin Rengu »

What are you going to do there? I'm hoping I can go there after college-even if its just to live for a few years. I really wish I could leave right now with how my family's been acting...I'd actually like to go anywhere. XD btw, Rin, is it expensive to live in Brazil? What about the other south american countries?

back to topic: how is xxxHolic? I've read some Tsubasa and xxxHolic is the reflection of it or something right?
My Mod App.
º-Tenshi_Karasu-º

Post by º-Tenshi_Karasu-º »

Ironically I'm planning to move to the USA soon XD but I'd love to spend some time in Japan too.
As for your question Karin, if you live in the USA then no, life in Brazil is not expensive at all for you, given the economic difference. XD But although Brazil is beautiful and is a great touristical heaven (I study tourism in college) it does have some serious social problems and very high criminal rates, though if you do your homework before you go there you'd b fine. It's also a financial (tax) heaven for people from the USA and some european coutries (and usually doesn't employ deportation laws).

On topic: Yes, BR is insanely sad and violent but it really makes you think about human nature.
I just added Bakuretsu Tenshi, Futari Ecchi and 6 volumes of Vampire Knight to my collection.
º-Tenshi_Karasu-º - 天使 烏
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147 ... karasu.jpg -Yep this is TK

"Yes...Nothing says evil quite like womany eyeliner..." -YGO Abridged
Yuki~
Absolute Otaku

Post by Yuki~ »

Karin Rengu wrote:What are you going to do there? I'm hoping I can go there after college-even if its just to live for a few years. I really wish I could leave right now with how my family's been acting...I'd actually like to go anywhere. XD btw, Rin, is it expensive to live in Brazil? What about the other south american countries?

back to topic: how is xxxHolic? I've read some Tsubasa and xxxHolic is the reflection of it or something right?
º-Tenshi_Karasu-º wrote:Ironically I'm planning to move to the USA soon XD but I'd love to spend some time in Japan too.
As for your question Karin, if you live in the USA then no, life in Brazil is not expensive at all for you, given the economic difference. XD But although Brazil is beautiful and is a great touristical heaven (I study tourism in college) it does have some serious social problems and very high criminal rates, though if you do your homework before you go there you'd b fine. It's also a financial (tax) heaven for people from the USA and some european coutries (and usually doesn't employ deportation laws).

On topic: Yes, BR is insanely sad and violent but it really makes you think about human nature.
I just added Bakuretsu Tenshi, Futari Ecchi and 6 volumes of Vampire Knight to my collection.

On July, I'm just going on an exchange program. ^^ After college, I want to go there to study.
Hm.. I don't have idea of what you call expensive, but like Tenshi said, if you live in the USA, I don't think it's expensive at all.

And yeah... there are a lot of social and political problems here.. u___u' This makes me get soo angry!
And about criminality, you'll be fine if you know where to go and what to take with you.
For example, Rio is a very violent place, but if you know what to take with you and where you go. ^^ Same thing in São Paulo. ^^

about xxxHolic.. yeah, I think it's something like a reflection of Tsubasa Chronicle. ^^
olááá
L'Arc~en~Ciel forever~
o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o
quando pousar e abrir os olhos como seria bom se te encontrasse com um sorriso...
tchau~
Karin Rengu
Absolute Otaku

Post by Karin Rengu »

Thanks for all the advice about Brazil! Living in America is hell right now. We've got upcoming elections which have everyone in a bad mood and our stock market is dropping pretty fast. We're in for a recession soon. Be careful when you move here Tenshi! Meaning, watch our stock market. Yea, living in South America would be nice for a few years, I live in the north so we usually get lots of snow and the weather rarely gets above 32 F (0 C) for about four months. Living near the equator would be nice!

Vampire Knight is AMAZING! One of the best shojo series ever written in my opinion because, while it is about vampires, it's not overly violent.
My Mod App.
Yuki~
Absolute Otaku

Post by Yuki~ »

One of my biggest dreams is to see snow! 8DD
I hate hot weather... -___-'

well, this isn't a manga, but I bought a anime magazine today. It's very good ^^
olááá
L'Arc~en~Ciel forever~
o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o
tchau~
º-Tenshi_Karasu-º

I've seen snow, actually i've seen pretty much every climate XD but i still prefer summer.
I'll be carefull, Karin, thanks ^^
I miss South Africa though......

Hey Rin, do you know Anime Invaders? It's a brazilian anime magazine that I love but it's hard to get here.
I added another Vampire Knight volume to my collection and my last Fushigi yuugi volumes ^^ And I also LOVE Vampire Knight, it's awsome!!!
º-Tenshi_Karasu-º - 天使 烏

Yuki~
Absolute Otaku

Post by Yuki~ »

I prefer winter... u___u But it's always hot here so.... u____u'
Snow seems to be so perfect! *o* I will see snow some day! I don't know when or where, but I know I will! 0____09

Anime Invaders? No, I've never heard of this magazine... is there a site about it?
When I buy a anime magazine, I buy Neo Tokyo or Anime Do. They are awesome!
Vampire Knight and Fushigi Yuugi are amazing!!!!
olááá
L'Arc~en~Ciel forever~
o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o
tchau~
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

Karin Rengu wrote:Thanks for all the advice about Brazil! Living in America is hell right now. We've got upcoming elections which have everyone in a bad mood and our stock market is dropping pretty fast. We're in for a recession soon. Be careful when you move here Tenshi! Meaning, watch our stock market. Yea, living in South America would be nice for a few years, I live in the north so we usually get lots of snow and the weather rarely gets above 32 F (0 C) for about four months. Living near the equator would be nice!

Vampire Knight is AMAZING! One of the best shojo series ever written in my opinion because, while it is about vampires, it's not overly violent.
It's not that bad. :/
The last thing that I added was Excel Saga, which takes forever to come out sadly
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
Karin Rengu
Absolute Otaku

Post by Karin Rengu »

Winter...you can have all the snow I had last week Rin. XD We had about 8 inches (20 cm). And it was below 20 F (-7 C) for a week and now we're going into two straight weeks of weather in the 30s F (around 0 C) But I can't complain ^_^ I love winter. And snow really is beautiful!
My Mod App.
Yuki~
Absolute Otaku

Post by Yuki~ »

I've never been in such a cold weather like 20F.. XD But I'd love to!
Maybe the coldest weather I've ever been in was like 41F or 50F... XD (5°C and 10º C. If the math is wrong, sorry. I'm not good with numbers.)
olááá
L'Arc~en~Ciel forever~
o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o
tchau~
º-Tenshi_Karasu-º

Heh, where am I now it's around 75º F (around 24º C) and it's winter XDD but where my dad lives (and I used to live) it's 22ºF (-5º C). Such a small country and such a large difference ^^

And yeah Rin, I think there is a site, but I'll check and tell you later.
I added Bakuretsu Tenshi, 4 more Vampire Knight volumes and 20 more Futari Ecchi chapters to my collection.
º-Tenshi_Karasu-º - 天使 烏

Karin Rengu
Absolute Otaku

Post by Karin Rengu »

Holy crap, the weather where I live (northern America) hardly EVER gets up to 75 F even in the middle of the summer. XD

More Vampire Knight! There's 16 volumes in the series right?
My Mod App.
Yuki~
Absolute Otaku

Post by Yuki~ »

You're so lucky, Karin! I wish I had a true cold weather!
We're on summer here, everyday is about 86ºF... u___u It's terrible! >___<

I'm not sure about the number of volumes of VK....
olááá
L'Arc~en~Ciel forever~
o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o o(•ω•)o
tchau~
Karin Rengu
Absolute Otaku

Post by Karin Rengu »

Are you joking? I'm getting sick of this cold weather. We're having a surge of snow right now...12 in (30 cm) in the next 2 days. We actually had to stay in school longer because the roads sucked. Of course, 86 F weather would be killer on me too.
My Mod App.