Twilight

Discussions about manga, comics, magazines, and books.
Kitty
Uber Otaku

Re: Twilight

Post by Kitty »

Shining Star wrote:
Tyche wrote:
Tailtiu wrote:The whole thing with Twilight- and I had to go thru this with a friend of mine- is that they're like literary crackers- good, but nothing more than a filler until dinner. However, all the fans are making out to be this literary 5-course gourmet meal, which it isn't.
I agree. And the character of Bella is like mold on the crackers.
Tat and Tyche, you are my new best friends. lol.

No but seriously, I used to be a twilight fan when I was like 14 and I got caught up in it before the first movie came out....and then the twilight movie hit causing a huge swarm of fangirls out of nowhere right after. This was irritating for two reasons:
1.) The movie sucked imo
and 2.) People all of sudden started picking up on the books out of nowhere just because of the movie, and started like loosing their minds. It really REALLY got on my nerves.

So then I washed my hands of the whole thing, well mostly, because I still see the movies in the theater just to see how bad they mess up, and how bad the acting will be. Even though, I'll admit, Jacob is hot as hell.

Anyways, I guess what I'm trying to say is I completly agree with you two, because well Twilight is not some great literature masterpiece and it never ever will be! It's ok at best..but it does not even compare to other amazing books and classics.

I get so tired of people praising Twilight and how "amazing" of a "writer" Meyer is. Bella is defintly the most bland main character ever! And if you want to read a decent book by Meyer, the Host, imo was pretty amazing.

And now I'm probably going to have to leave the country before a bunch of sparkly vampire obessed fangirls stalk me down and kill me. #-o

I just read Yami's post after I posted mine, and all I have to say is I love you as well...you said exactly what I couldn't say about Meyer and her writing. Thank you so much for your boldness...I am a fan of you now. :mrgreen: lol. :heh:
Hypocrite much? You told me you liked the movies.... The only reason you hate the books now is because everyone loves them. Meyer is a great author, the books were great obviously way better than the movies but the movies are great too, and I do sit there when I'm watching them and point out mistakes but I still like it. I wish I would have read them when you had mentioned them a few years ago because then I could be like "I read the books before you even knew they existed" to the people that are way too crazed over the movies. But anyway there is nothing wrong with the books.
キティ

x Move On, It's just a chapter in the past. But don't close the book, just turn the page x
Shining Star

Post by Shining Star »

Kitty wrote:
Shining Star wrote:
Tyche wrote:
Tailtiu wrote:The whole thing with Twilight- and I had to go thru this with a friend of mine- is that they're like literary crackers- good, but nothing more than a filler until dinner. However, all the fans are making out to be this literary 5-course gourmet meal, which it isn't.

No but seriously, I used to be a twilight fan when I was like 14 and I got caught up in it before the first movie came out....and then the twilight movie hit causing a huge swarm of fangirls out of nowhere right after. This was irritating for two reasons:
1.) The movie sucked imo
and 2.) People all of sudden started picking up on the books out of nowhere just because of the movie, and started like loosing their minds. It really REALLY got on my nerves.

So then I washed my hands of the whole thing, well mostly, because I still see the movies in the theater just to see how bad they mess up, and how bad the acting will be. Even though, I'll admit, Jacob is hot as hell.

Anyways, I guess what I'm trying to say is I completly agree with you two, because well Twilight is not some great literature masterpiece and it never ever will be! It's ok at best..but it does not even compare to other amazing books and classics.

I get so tired of people praising Twilight and how "amazing" of a "writer" Meyer is. Bella is defintly the most bland main character ever! And if you want to read a decent book by Meyer, the Host, imo was pretty amazing.

And now I'm probably going to have to leave the country before a bunch of sparkly vampire obessed fangirls stalk me down and kill me. #-o

I just read Yami's post after I posted mine, and all I have to say is I love you as well...you said exactly what I couldn't say about Meyer and her writing. Thank you so much for your boldness...I am a fan of you now. :mrgreen: lol. :heh:
Hypocrite much? You told me you liked the movies.... The only reason you hate the books now is because everyone loves them. Meyer is a great author, the books were great obviously way better than the movies but the movies are great too, and I do sit there when I'm watching them and point out mistakes but I still like it. I wish I would have read them when you had mentioned them a few years ago because then I could be like "I read the books before you even knew they existed" to the people that are way too crazed over the movies. But anyway there is nothing wrong with the books.
Don't call me a hypocrite. I just said that I liked Jacob and still saw the movies.

And I just said thats not the only reason why I hate them...I just don't think her writing is that great.

And imo I think the other book she wrote The Host is really good because it pulled me in even though the subject matter isnt something im usually interested in. And to me that is good writing. Edward and Bella are extremly 2D or 1D. There's better books out there imo.
God is love. Because the love that He provides us with is the greatest love of all. And it is because of Him that we are able to love others, since He loved us first.

If you want to know more just pm me. :) He loves you despite what you might think.
Kitty
Uber Otaku

Post by Kitty »

Shining Star wrote:
Kitty wrote:
Shining Star wrote:
Tyche wrote:

1.) The movie sucked imo

Don't call me a hypocrite. I just said that I liked Jacob and still saw the movies.

And I just said thats not the only reason why I hate them...I just don't think her writing is that great.

And imo I think the other book she wrote The Host is really good because it pulled me in even though the subject matter isnt something im usually interested in. And to me that is good writing. Edward and Bella are extremly 2D or 1D. There's better books out there imo.
What is the Host about? I found a series to read that you might like, the series is called House of Night. The first book is called Marked. I haven't been able to read the other books in the series besides the first because I don't have the money to get them but the first book was good.
キティ

x Move On, It's just a chapter in the past. But don't close the book, just turn the page x
Shining Star

Post by Shining Star »

Kitty wrote:
Shining Star wrote:
Kitty wrote:
Shining Star wrote:

1.) The movie sucked imo

What is the Host about? I found a series to read that you might like, the series is called House of Night. The first book is called Marked. I haven't been able to read the other books in the series besides the first because I don't have the money to get them but the first book was good.
It's kind of about aliens..but not at the same time. And im usually not into that stuff so i was surprised i liked it. You can pull a summary online to get better info on it. hm. i should look into it. thanks. i think you talked about it before.
God is love. Because the love that He provides us with is the greatest love of all. And it is because of Him that we are able to love others, since He loved us first.

If you want to know more just pm me. :) He loves you despite what you might think.
Tailtiu
Mobile Suit Otaku
Location: A dorm room usually; occasionally (read- when I have classes) the Nursing Bldg

Post by Tailtiu »

Your library probably has the rest of the books Kitty.
<3 life
Kitty
Uber Otaku

Post by Kitty »

Tailtiu wrote:Your library probably has the rest of the books Kitty.
The only problem is my library card expired a long time ago.... I don't have money to get another one.
キティ

Tailtiu
Mobile Suit Otaku
Location: A dorm room usually; occasionally (read- when I have classes) the Nursing Bldg

Post by Tailtiu »

You have to pay? @.@
<3 life
Kitty
Uber Otaku

Post by Kitty »

I think so lol I have no idea it's been that long....
キティ

SASSZAIN

Post by SASSZAIN »

in my experiences you only have to pay a little bit to renew your library card.
My library it was 1 dollar for the first time, then 5 for the next, and 10 for the next times.
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket
Kitty
Uber Otaku

Post by Kitty »

Yeah i think I'm gonna have to pay like $5. I need a new library card because my old one is like 5 years old or more.
キティ