Manga vs. Anime

Discussions about manga, comics, magazines, and books.
JustWondering
Visitor

Manga vs. Anime

Post by JustWondering »

I've been wondering this for a while but why do some people say the mangas are better than the anime, like Love Hina or Chobits. I myself, am more of a Anime guy, but I never really tried mangas. :|
Neon_Genesis
Uber Otaku

re: Manga vs. Anime

Post by Neon_Genesis »

In my oppinion anime is a lot better than manga mostly because it's hard for me to read backwards. But the main difference is that manga has a lot more detail to it than anime. I just don't want to spend the excess energy.
People don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.
JustWondering
Visitor

Post by JustWondering »

When you say more detail, do you mean in the storyline?
BAKA
Visitor

Post by BAKA »

Both are Good in there own way's Read The love hine series 1-14 and if you watched them you'll see there are quite a few differences the are verying is way most of the time
JustWondering
Visitor

Post by JustWondering »

maybe I will... Thanks for the input. Maybe it's about time I started looking into manga books...
BAKA
Visitor

Post by BAKA »

Yea when i started geting them i hade quit a bit of $ now i have none :( but its worth it :mrgreen:
JustWondering
Visitor

Post by JustWondering »

likehow much "$" are we talking about?
BAKA
Visitor

Post by BAKA »

ive only spent around $1,500 so far thats taxes included 7.75%
JustWondering
Visitor

Post by JustWondering »

Geez! How do you get so much money?
BAKA
Visitor

Post by BAKA »

You get something called a job its like hell but i go through it to have $ so its somewhat worth it

I can't be fired slaves are sold.
JustWondering
Visitor

Post by JustWondering »

wait, how old are you then?
BAKA
Visitor

Post by BAKA »

Well if you really need to know im 17
Anime chic
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by Anime chic »

Don't mean to intrude but it really depends on the artists and how much more is added in the anime that wasn't in the manga.

Gundam Seed for instance. The anime explains more and has more story wise but I like the art in the manga way better. Same for Brain Powered love the art in the manga but the anime explains more but doesn't have as great art as the manga.

But things like Cowboy Bebop the anime is so much better than the manga.

It can go either way it just depends.

sorry to intrude
The chic and her alter is back.
AC: Hi yall. Great 2 c yall again.
Atler shoves ac outta the way.
Ari
Visitor

Post by Ari »

quit apologizing Lynn. And isn't this question much like *is the book better than the movie* I agree with AC on this it just depends on what's been added or taken away.
BAKA
Visitor

Re: re: Manga vs. Anime

Post by BAKA »

iceangel wrote:quit apologizing Lynn. And isn't this question much like *is the book better than the movie* I agree with AC on this it just depends on what's been added or taken away.

yea thats what it is the change some ont the storry to if you seen and read Love Hina the anime and Manga are quite Different. The ending on the anime version is alot different than that of the Manga
JustWondering
Visitor

Post by JustWondering »

So then what are your guys's opinions about the love hina mangas as opposed to the anime? What about Chobits as well? I ask cause i saw those animes but was unsure if I wanted to read the mangas too.