Manga vs. Anime

Discussions about manga, comics, magazines, and books.
BAKA
Visitor

re: Manga vs. Anime

Post by BAKA »

I would recomend reading the mangas and watching the animes then you can see (i preferr the love hina manga over the anime)
Bitterling
Visitor

Post by Bitterling »

I've only read and seen the Chobits Manga and Anime, but prefer the manga over the Anime. But sometimes,
the anime is better because of the music that's added and the actual flow of the story. It all really depends on
the viewer and their preferences. i.e: Cowboy Bebop's Anime, in my opinion, is way better than the manga, but
has no flow---

Or maybe it's because Spike's just cool like that.
JustWondering
Visitor

Post by JustWondering »

So in your guys' opion, would I find the mangas more boring if i've already seen the animes?
BAKA
Visitor

Post by BAKA »

no they would be better i saw lovehina then read it i liked the manga better i baught 1-13 at once :mrgreen: 14 wasn't out yet though :(
The Siren
Visitor

Post by The Siren »

Well if their really good artist in animemation like for instance the movie Metropolis or the show Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone complex, you still get the quality of what ya see in the manga. Story wise may be different defintely when it comes to the manga and the animemation. Great examples include: FLCL ( I was confused by the anime, the manga confused me even more), Knight of the Zodiac, Azimango Diaoh, and many others. I agree with those who said sometimes the anime gives more story wise than the anime does, but if ya like the genuine art of the manga it usually makes up for it. Sometime it's also vice versa some animes completely mess up the orginal manga due to editing, and etc...
So it all depends in the end if ya just watch the anime and read the manga and make a conclusion for yourself.
snow_leopard
Visitor

Post by snow_leopard »

I think that manga is much better, becuase if the manga is made first, then a lot of things are changed. It is always much better in the manga, just like how a book is always better than a movie.

In Fruits Basket, for example, a lot of things were left out when they made the anime, and so a lot of funny parts were left out. Also, Shigure was changed, and made more rude than funny.

The drawings in the Fruits Basket manga seem to be better. In they manga, they made Kyo deformed and made Shigure just plain ugly. The anime seemed to completely ruin Shigure overall.
Mister_Betelgeuse
Visitor

Post by Mister_Betelgeuse »

I find reading the Manga and watching the Anime togeather makes you understand the whole story.

I have been reading Ai Yori Aoshi, and enjoying the Anime, and I tell you, you get more out of both.

So in my opion, go with both...
Sanger Zomvolt
Absolute Otaku

Post by Sanger Zomvolt »

This actually depends, if the manga in question is a direct adaptation of the anime, then the anime would be better. on the otherhand, Some manga go into greater depth and are more enjoyable. The Flame of Recca anime for example, was a good anime, but there was no conclusion, while the manga (so i've heard) goes on longer and ends the series. Love Hina's anime ends at vol. 12 of the manga, and i felt it was a chore to watch. the manga on the otherhand was rather enjoyable.
"Believe in the oath sworn through courage"
Motoko Chan
Uber Otaku

Post by Motoko Chan »

I can't decide...I like Manga and Anime both....
Umi Lothien
Visitor

Post by Umi Lothien »

It would all depend on what story you are comparing. I would sugest to watch and read them all.
keitaro101
Visitor

Post by keitaro101 »

Yeah the diffrences are apperent but I myself would prefer manga, it just gets more into detail I mean you have anime well take love hina for example. The anime itself is comedic and short. The manga is discriptive and lenghty.
Kou Akabane
Visitor

Post by Kou Akabane »

I like manga better because it goes into more depth and things with the story, but anime is always fun to watch after reading the manga ^ ^
phantom
Visitor

Post by phantom »

it depends on the story to see witch is good

hamlet
Tetsuo shima
Visitor

Post by Tetsuo shima »

i like them both i can't chose betwean them
MewTaita
Visitor

Post by MewTaita »

manga is a lot better because lets use Tokyo Mew Mew for instance. in The anime there was never any anima who were part human. but thats just me. the english translation that they do, they usually cut out so much oh my god, 4Kids sucks there ass