My Manga Idea Problem

Discussions about manga, comics, magazines, and books.

What would be the best name for my business?

A.Kaiko's Cosplay and Manga
2
33%
B.The Ani-Manga Shop
1
17%
C.Kaiko's Costumes,Comics,and Cartoons
3
50%
 
Total votes: 6

User avatar
Tyche
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1614
Joined: Dec 10, 2006 11:16am
Gender: Female
Location: Sittin with a goat in a boat, floatin on a moat.
Contact:

Re: My Manga Idea Problem

Post by Tyche »

If you're 14 now, how does it make sense that you'll "technically" be 16 next year? If you're 14, and wait exactially one year, you'll be 15. Or does you forget your maths?
Despair... so delicious...
Fear... so exhilarating...


Shankd: Hurry your asses up! He's gradually catching up to us. Walk, WALK FOR YOUR LIVES!

User avatar
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2966
Joined: Dec 01, 2007 8:28pm
Gender: Female
Location: Yelling at idiot foreigners

Re: My Manga Idea Problem

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Tyche wrote:If you're 14 now, how does it make sense that you'll "technically" be 16 next year? If you're 14, and wait exactially one year, you'll be 15. Or does you forget your maths?
she may be turning 15 later this year is the only way i think of
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.

User avatar
Tyche
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1614
Joined: Dec 10, 2006 11:16am
Gender: Female
Location: Sittin with a goat in a boat, floatin on a moat.
Contact:

Re: My Manga Idea Problem

Post by Tyche »

True, but more than half the year is already gone anyway, so why would anyone say that they're "technically" going to be 16 next year, when it's not even going to be for at least half of it? Confusing my logic may be, but make sense it does.
Despair... so delicious...
Fear... so exhilarating...


Shankd: Hurry your asses up! He's gradually catching up to us. Walk, WALK FOR YOUR LIVES!

User avatar
Aoi Sakuraba
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 2966
Joined: Dec 01, 2007 8:28pm
Gender: Female
Location: Yelling at idiot foreigners

Re: My Manga Idea Problem

Post by Aoi Sakuraba »

Tyche wrote:True, but more than half the year is already gone anyway, so why would anyone say that they're "technically" going to be 16 next year, when it's not even going to be for at least half of it?
the only reason i can think of is said person wants to seem older and more mature than they are.

for the first 8 years of my life i had no idea what date my b-day was. lol my entire family and all my friends families celebrated all our/their b-days on the 1st of january lol
(*Bleach 101 ARMY*) - General 陸軍大将 Rikugun Taishō (****)
Tell me Nana, why isnt forgetting about our mistakes and wounds enough to make them disappear? Even now I keep calling your name. Despite my pain, I'll keep on doing that until you answer me.

User avatar
Tyche
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1614
Joined: Dec 10, 2006 11:16am
Gender: Female
Location: Sittin with a goat in a boat, floatin on a moat.
Contact:

Re: My Manga Idea Problem

Post by Tyche »

Actually, I do have an idea for a way you can start now, though it won't really be a business right now.

I assume you have friends/family/friends of friends that are into manga/anime/cosplay? Or, at least know people you're on good terms with who do? You could ask to buy their used manga/anime/cosplay stuff off them (which will still cost money, but less than if you went out and bought the manga at the store), and, when you have enough, you put up signs that you're selling used manga/anime/cosplay stuff, or even just advertise to the people you bought from if they aren't friends/don't really know each other in the first place.

Also, I hope you weren't planning to make a huge profit with this, because if you sell it back too high (especially if you're selling to the people you buy from), people will either just go to the bookstore, order online, or stop selling to you.
Despair... so delicious...
Fear... so exhilarating...


Shankd: Hurry your asses up! He's gradually catching up to us. Walk, WALK FOR YOUR LIVES!

User avatar
Kaiko
Ramen Slurping Otaku
Posts: 48
Joined: Jun 17, 2010 4:24pm
Gender: Female
Location: I don't know. I'm not really sure how I got here, either.

Re: My Manga Idea Problem

Post by Kaiko »

Tyche wrote:Actually, I do have an idea for a way you can start now, though it won't really be a business right now.

I assume you have friends/family/friends of friends that are into manga/anime/cosplay? Or, at least know people you're on good terms with who do? You could ask to buy their used manga/anime/cosplay stuff off them (which will still cost money, but less than if you went out and bought the manga at the store), and, when you have enough, you put up signs that you're selling used manga/anime/cosplay stuff, or even just advertise to the people you bought from if they aren't friends/don't really know each other in the first place.

Also, I hope you weren't planning to make a huge profit with this, because if you sell it back too high (especially if you're selling to the people you buy from), people will either just go to the bookstore, order online, or stop selling to you.
That's a wonderful idea! Unfortunately, I'm the only person in my family who is into anime and manga and cosplay. And I only have four friends, who are all 2 years younger then me. and going to different schools this year. BTW, I'm turning 15 on october the 12.
Why would anyone be racist towards baby racoons!?

User avatar
Tyche
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1614
Joined: Dec 10, 2006 11:16am
Gender: Female
Location: Sittin with a goat in a boat, floatin on a moat.
Contact:

Re: My Manga Idea Problem

Post by Tyche »

Well, you can always give it a try it at the new place. Find an anime club at your new school or start one, and maybe start a type of manga exchange. Won't make any money with that, if they all know each other, though.
Despair... so delicious...
Fear... so exhilarating...


Shankd: Hurry your asses up! He's gradually catching up to us. Walk, WALK FOR YOUR LIVES!

User avatar
Kaiko
Ramen Slurping Otaku
Posts: 48
Joined: Jun 17, 2010 4:24pm
Gender: Female
Location: I don't know. I'm not really sure how I got here, either.

Re: My Manga Idea Problem

Post by Kaiko »

Tyche wrote:Well, you can always give it a try it at the new place. Find an anime club at your new school or start one, and maybe start a type of manga exchange. Won't make any money with that, if they all know each other, though.
Thank you for the tip. I'm sure it'll help me.
Why would anyone be racist towards baby racoons!?

User avatar
Kaiko
Ramen Slurping Otaku
Posts: 48
Joined: Jun 17, 2010 4:24pm
Gender: Female
Location: I don't know. I'm not really sure how I got here, either.

Re: My Manga Idea Problem

Post by Kaiko »

Aoi Sakuraba wrote:
Tyche wrote:If you're 14 now, how does it make sense that you'll "technically" be 16 next year? If you're 14, and wait exactially one year, you'll be 15. Or does you forget your maths?
she may be turning 15 later this year is the only way i think of
what aoi says is true
Why would anyone be racist towards baby racoons!?

Tailtiu
Mobile Suit Otaku
Posts: 101
Joined: Mar 10, 2010 7:17pm
Gender: Female
Location: A dorm room usually; occasionally (read- when I have classes) the Nursing Bldg

Re: My Manga Idea Problem

Post by Tailtiu »

Athos and Tyche, why are you helping it? It's so much more fun to watch stupid people crash and burn.
<3 life

User avatar
SASSZAIN
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5309
Joined: Jan 27, 2006 8:09am
Gender: Female
Location: Everywhere and nowhere
Contact:

Re: My Manga Idea Problem

Post by SASSZAIN »

XD so true, but its also fun to push them in a direction some too.
"You dont have to be alive to make yourself relevant.And you dont have to be a good person to be a hero.You just have to know who you are and stay true to that.So Im going to keep fighting for people the only way I ever knew how"-Vriska Serket

User avatar
Yamasachihiko
Master Otaku
Posts: 88
Joined: Nov 20, 2010 9:43pm
Gender: Male
Location: Still searching, Contemplating melon patch v3.0

Re: My Manga Idea Problem

Post by Yamasachihiko »

Yeah that's right, in a good direction.


Remember "RAWR RAWR FIGHT THA POWA !!" when applicable. 8)

User avatar
Athos
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7625
Joined: Feb 17, 2006 7:10pm
Gender: Male
Location: U.S.

Re: My Manga Idea Problem

Post by Athos »

Tailtiu wrote:Athos and Tyche, why are you helping it? It's so much more fun to watch stupid people crash and burn.
Because I have a strong sense of duty.
Member of the ModSquad 8)

Sasha
Baka Otaku
Posts: 6
Joined: Feb 04, 2011 1:40am
Gender: Female
Location: Serbia

Re: My Manga Idea Problem

Post by Sasha »

Kaiko-Chan, You can do anything you want.

You can do everything just like I have Said:

Manga.

Anime.

Movies.

Comics.

there are soo many things you can do my friend.
I support you because you are my friend, and even then I would still support you.

remember, sooner or latter your hard work will be rewarded.
those that want you to fail are going to be disappointed, because you have won, and more.

NEWER LET YOURSELF DOWN, JUST KEEP TRUING AND IT WILL WORK :) :D .

I Know You can do it My friend.

Sasha. NarutoxFemKyuubi Fan and writer.

:shock: is that Emma Watson's SCANDALOUS PHOTOS!!!.
:oops: sorry just seen something shocking, sorry sorry sorry

Post Reply