Game of the day.

Discussions about anything videogame-related.
Pink Supervisor|EL
Absolute Otaku

re: Game of the day.

Post by Pink Supervisor|EL »

go super battle droids!

any way my game of the day...

Battle for Middle Earth 1

Pros:
- can play as 4 factions (rohan, Gondor, Isengaurd, and Mordor)
- Can use THe fellowship!
- Can recreate battles from the movie
- Multiplayer

Cons:
- crap AI
- Bad Patches (multiple bugs, one side is hugely buffed and bcomes the top team)
- Very few Strategies
Assassin of the Black Knights
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Post by Cold Revolver »

My game of the day is Half Life 2. I like this game because of the graphics/ story line and everything else lol it was one of the resons why I built my own pc. This game kicks ass and should be played by every FPS'er as in first person shooter. If you want to wait you can get it for the x-box real soon.
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
J.Kudo
Visitor

Post by J.Kudo »

. . . . . . . .DARKWATCH. . . . . . .
Overall - 8/10 -Excelent; Higly reccomended.

Gameplay - 10/10
The game runs smooth as an FPS and keeps the action intense the whole way through. In the parts where it starts you calm down you're alwalys wating for an ambush. Very well desinged to keep you on the edge. The variety of enemies is also a plus, and even for some enemies which are the same, mainly Reapers (Which you become very familiar with) sometimes are found carrying different weapons.

Antoher interesting aspect for this FPS design was the Roleplaying choices.(Albeit limited) Which directly affected what abilites you gained throughout the game.

Something that added aditional strategy and difficulty to the game was regional impact damage. If you shot somone in the arm enough that arm would come off, but they'd still keep coming, some enemies would even keep coming after they lost their head! (albeit blind so only noise would give away your location... then again you're going to keep shooting so...)

Graphics - 7/10
While not perfect the graphics were excelent, and realy brought you into the game. The monster graphics were superbly done. Where they were lacking was in the senery, it was still on a level equivalnet with Halo which wasn't bad, however not what it could have been.

Sound - 8/10
The sound in this game was excelent. The various tracks realy helped set the mood, and ranged from a heavy gothic track to a typical western showdown theme played in a heavy metal style, which helped all the more to set the mood of an intense action scene set in 1876. There were however many repeaded sounds (Many of the enemies sounded almost too similar, and there wasn't a great deal of sounds for enemies walking etc. (Lack of detail noises)

Controls - 10/10
With a few minor exceptions the controls were very much like those in Halo, and were very responsive, as well as easy to use, and once mastered you can pull off some neat tricks too.
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Re: re: Game of the day.

Post by Cold Revolver »

J.Kudo wrote:. . . . . . . .DARKWATCH. . . . . . .
Overall - 8/10 -Excelent; Higly reccomended.

Gameplay - 10/10
The game runs smooth as an FPS and keeps the action intense the whole way through. In the parts where it starts you calm down you're alwalys wating for an ambush. Very well desinged to keep you on the edge. The variety of enemies is also a plus, and even for some enemies which are the same, mainly Reapers (Which you become very familiar with) sometimes are found carrying different weapons.

Antoher interesting aspect for this FPS design was the Roleplaying choices.(Albeit limited) Which directly affected what abilites you gained throughout the game.

Something that added aditional strategy and difficulty to the game was regional impact damage. If you shot somone in the arm enough that arm would come off, but they'd still keep coming, some enemies would even keep coming after they lost their head! (albeit blind so only noise would give away your location... then again you're going to keep shooting so...)

Graphics - 7/10
While not perfect the graphics were excelent, and realy brought you into the game. The monster graphics were superbly done. Where they were lacking was in the senery, it was still on a level equivalnet with Halo which wasn't bad, however not what it could have been.

Sound - 8/10
The sound in this game was excelent. The various tracks realy helped set the mood, and ranged from a heavy gothic track to a typical western showdown theme played in a heavy metal style, which helped all the more to set the mood of an intense action scene set in 1876. There were however many repeaded sounds (Many of the enemies sounded almost too similar, and there wasn't a great deal of sounds for enemies walking etc. (Lack of detail noises)

Controls - 10/10
With a few minor exceptions the controls were very much like those in Halo, and were very responsive, as well as easy to use, and once mastered you can pull off some neat tricks too.

Sorry man I thought Dark Watch Is another washed up game that does not desrve any credit I rented it and I hated it.. :?
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

Yodama Man
Uber Otaku

Post by Yodama Man »

THE FIRST SPLINTER CELL, i love kicking it old school with sam fisher :lol:
[Yodama Man] 11:50 pm: Thank god my weed is plentyful and my cock is huge
[+:D.?.?.?.?.? .N:+] 11:51 pm: Said Jesus
kukutaru_ookami
Uber Otaku

Post by kukutaru_ookami »

Dark angel: Vampie Apocalypse

Overall score 7.8/10-Great game give it a try

Gameplay-8.2/10
This is a classic game where you're running around killing stuff doing missions. Unlike Jak2 which kinda messed this system up Dark angel did this justice. The enemies in the dungeons stayed dead always a plus the creatures were ganging up on you but you never felt too close to the action. While you see the same monsters quite a few times. This game is done in third person and does something other companies never tried they made the villagers have weapons. So you arent finding yourself fighting 8 or 9 monsters in a town by yourself very nice. There was however no annouced I'm not horibaly far in the game though. There are tons of weapons and armours and bracers. Multiple effects of the same weapons armours bracers etc. oh and radar yay radar!

Graphics=7.5
Unfourtantly this is an older game so the graphics are not up to the par of other games like soul cailber 2 Jak 2 etc. The graphics still mantined that creepy feel to it though and there were tight corners defaintly giving me that "whats coming next" kinda feel

sound-8.3/10
Like darkwatch this game is dark and "gothic" The music draws you in well and while randomly running around dungeons you hear stuff like creepy laughs and "I'm coming for you" then this freakyrock starts playing and when the monsters die they make sounds like howling and "you'll regret that." while reptive they still do it just creepy enough for it to keep you ingrossed.

contorls-10/10
A soild 10 the controls while a tad confussing at first the controls are solid and once you've gotten ised to them they will be very fluent.
For NaruHina fans (AU): http://viridian.fanficauthors.net/Team_8/index.php
"Kakkou dakenara sayonara koi jyanaideshou?"
hidden_geek
Visitor

Post by hidden_geek »

DELTA FORCE BLACK HAWK DOWN

Pros: good graphics, many.... many guns! Strategic but extreme shooting gameplay, different vehicles to take command over. AMAZING MULTIPLAYER EXPERIENCE!
Cons: Shooting people can be to some people repetitive.
I give this game a 9.5! Check it out!
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Post by Cold Revolver »

Everquest 2 is my choice for today. Great game, great graphics and the best part it never ends. It may not be as popular as WoW but it looks way better and the controls feel good. Play it if you either have dial up or cable.
Can you find your name?
KarinDretJessKoyue

Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Post by Cold Revolver »

Game Of the Day: Final Fantasy 8 :D

Look play this game or you will suffer my rath.. :twisted:

Great story line and everything else that comes with it...
Can you find your name?
KarinDretJessKoyue

Pink Supervisor|EL
Absolute Otaku

Post by Pink Supervisor|EL »

my game of the day...

Age of empires 3... the demo

pros:
-great game
-great managment
-good graphics
-great balance

cons:
-sucky AI
-need a good computer
-only 2 factions in the demo

8/10
a great demo can't wait to try out the acutal game!
Assassin of the Black Knights
Naru-chan's hubby50 YEN FEE TO CALL ME PINK
PINOY PRIDE ^_^
I'm in Dispair! (insert random social problem here) has left me in dispair!
Ethereal Blaze
Absolute Otaku

Post by Ethereal Blaze »

uh, i heard a rumor that Nina Williams (tekken) has got her own game, is this true, and if so, is it worth reveiwing?
Hate cheats?
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
See you on the battlefield...
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Re: re: Game of the day.

Post by Cold Revolver »

rikoku wrote:uh, i heard a rumor that Nina Williams (tekken) has got her own game, is this true, and if so, is it worth reveiwing?

Actualy that game has been out here in the staes for a bit, I have to say man dont ever buy it it is crap.. [-X Tekken is Tekken they should never try to change it!
Can you find your name?
KarinDretJessKoyue

Kenshin
Visitor

Post by Kenshin »

im not sure if anyone said this one yet, but Kingdom of Heart
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Post by Cold Revolver »

Game Of The Day: YU-GI-OH 7 Trials Of Gory

Pros: Plays just like the actual card game and everything else, Graphics are good for a gba game. You can battle everyone from the series, there is even Hidden characters. Over 1000 cards to collect and play as. You can over 15 decks to use. Game takes a while to beat.

Cons: I have not seen any yet, but there is one that gets on my nerves, Its when you see who is going to go first and when you have to do rock paper scissors. You seldom win and always have to go either first (Mostly) or Second.

All in all I like this game, I dont know if its as good as sacred cards (My personal fav) But I give it a 9/10. So YU-GI-OH fans this game is decent try ti out. :D
Can you find your name?
KarinDretJessKoyue

quamp
Visitor

Post by quamp »

My game du jour: Atalier Iris: Eternal Mana

Pros:
- Funny in places
- Loads of unlockables
- Great item synthasis program
- [spoiler]Female characters in skimpy clothing as an unlockable![/spoiler]
- Developed storyline with interesting plot twists

Cons:
- Monsters are wimps until about 3/4ths of the way through, then become moderately hard until near the end, (in the bonus dungeon) when they become near impossible to beat
- Blah graphics, especially the characters when seen from a distance
- Annoying mana creatures, especially Popo
- You have to put in a LOT of effort to get the best weapons and armor in the game
- Not enough cueparts

Overall rating 4.9/10. Thumbs sideways, but going down slightly.
OniKira
Absolute Otaku

Post by OniKira »

Sorry Rahx, but in mi IMO, after playing it, FFVIII is onbe of my lesser faves. And I LOVE FF.
OniRuroKen=OniLawliet=OniKira
I promise, this is the last name change. And don't you dare take one of my old names. I'll write you down if you do.

Equality. Tolerance. Respect.