Page 1 of 2

Which is better? KH or KH2

Posted: Oct 29, 2006 11:29am
by Emmy
Recently Ive been playing Kingdom Hearts 2, and its an amazing game. The graphics, battle system, story, characters, are all just amazing. But I havent had a chance to play The first Kingdom Hearts, and Ive heard alot of good things about that one too.

What I wanted to know, in your opinion, which one do you think is better?

Re: Which is better? KH or KH2

Posted: Oct 29, 2006 11:39am
by Matt ?????
both are great in there own way,but you can't have one without the other.i do not recommend you play KH2 without beating KH(and KH:CoM)beforehand.

Re: Which is better? KH or KH2

Posted: Oct 29, 2006 12:29pm
by Hina-chan
I think I like KH2 better than KH.

Re: Which is better? KH or KH2

Posted: Oct 29, 2006 12:39pm
by Cold Revolver
KH was an ok game, it got boring after a while but its still worth playing. I did not play the second one just because I had little time for it plus I was waiting for FF12. I liked how you could travel to different worlds such as ptter pans and others. I dont think the magic system was as flashy as an FF Title but they were not trying to go that far, after all there disney. I say try FF12 and see what happenes. If your going for a kiddie some what fun game pick up a KH title, but for sheer awesomness pick up FINAL FANTASY XII.

Re: Which is better? KH or KH2

Posted: Oct 29, 2006 2:46pm
by Emmy
Yes, I'm definitly going to get FF12. I already have 3 FF games> As far as plot I dont think KH is quite as good, at least from what I've seen.

Re: Which is better? KH or KH2

Posted: Oct 29, 2006 4:03pm
by Cold Revolver
Emmy wrote:Yes, I'm definitly going to get FF12. I already have 3 FF games> As far as plot I dont think KH is quite as good, at least from what I've seen.


Well there 2 different games, without the final fantasy series I believe we would have no Kingsdom hearts but I could be wrong. Kingdom hearts is more of a light hearted rpg, Final Fantasy on the other hand takes more patience and it requires alot more thought, im not saying KH is a bad game just that there
both different, very. Anyways im so happy to hear that your getting FFXII, im sure you will enjoy it lol. :D

Re: Which is better? KH or KH2

Posted: Oct 29, 2006 4:38pm
by Lestat69_99
The first one is better in my opinion. The story is more gripping and it's just more fun in my opinion. KH2 has a dull story and while gameplay has changed it just feels like a chore to actually complete the game and no game should be a chore to finish...

Re: Which is better? KH or KH2

Posted: Oct 29, 2006 7:20pm
by Emmy
Deadpool wrote:The first one is better in my opinion. The story is more gripping and it's just more fun in my opinion. KH2 has a dull story and while gameplay has changed it just feels like a chore to actually complete the game and no game should be a chore to finish...


Well Ive enjoyed KH2 so far, and if the story is more compelling tha I'll probably like it alot aswell. thanks for all ur imput guys!

Re: Which is better? KH or KH2

Posted: Oct 29, 2006 8:23pm
by OniKira
Yay, another KH topic. And the oh-so touchy and popular controversy of FF v.s. KH.

Well, first off, as Matt said, you cant have one KH without the other. In terms of story, its obvious that you should play KH first, then KH CoM, then KHII. All of them, IMO, are amazing and spectacular games.

Now then, to be honest, I really hate the comparisons of FF and KH. They have a lot of similarities, yet they also have a lot of differences. However, let me make one idea of mind crystal clear; the maturity level of either game is high. Do not let KHs cutesy Disney exterior make you believe the game's true story is colorful. The story is actually quite dark.

FF games are known for exceptional stories; that, along with amazing visuals and gameplay, are what draws people to play FF. The names Final Fantasy, Square, and Square Enix are very big names these days. If an RPG comes out with Final Fantasy in its name, it WILL sell, and rightly so.

That said, it becomes very easy for a project such as Kingdom Hearts to get a little overshadowed. Don't get me wrong, when KH was first announced, I was like "WTF? Disney? AND Final Fantasy? Crazay..." Many were not able to comprehend how FF, known for darker and more mature characters and stories could mix with the didactic and colorful Disney ideas. However, the name Square Enix made it a worthy contender.

When I played KH, I was blown away. To be completely honest with you, Disney and FF characters act as mere cameos. The game truly centers around Sora, Kairi, and Riku, and weaves a dark and ominous story of love, hatred, betrayal, and destruction of human nature. And it does so WITHOUT the help of FF or Disney. In fact, the story's dark ideas when set in a colorful world really accentuate them. You can get a deeper understanding of its dark story when it is set in a colorful world. That world, in the course of the game, bleeds a dark blood...

And KHII progresses with that idea. In all honesty, I bet SE could have released this game with the same trio of characters without the Disney and FF cameos, and the game would still sell amazingly. Why? The story. KH does NOT, I repeat, DOES NOT sell with the name Final Fantasy. Thats why the comparisons need to stop.

I'm not calling one game better than the other, because they are both very different and spectacular in their own right. KH, being story driven, would be able to exist without FF. But it's SE's imagination that we all know and love that brought two very different elements together and made a stunning game.

Re: Which is better? KH or KH2

Posted: Oct 29, 2006 8:41pm
by Matt ?????
i almost completely agree,but make slight corrections for the following points:
KH revolves around Sora,Riku,Kairi,Donald,Goofy and Mickey.the roles of Donald,Goofy and Mickey are actually just as deep as that of Sora,Riku and Kairi.Mickey and Sora are the chosen ones,(and Riku,but thats more detail to get into)not just Sora.and i am actually unsure that KH would be able to exist without FF.most of the magic spells are based on that of FF spells,for one thing and there is the obvious fact that the creator of FF created KH.if so many FF games did exist before KH,he may have not been expierienced enough to make the game so good.but the story is in fact more deep than most people expect out of it...i guess thats all i can say for now...i'm probably forgetting more...

Re: Which is better? KH or KH2

Posted: Oct 29, 2006 9:03pm
by Cold Revolver
Lawliet wrote:Yay, another KH topic. And the oh-so touchy and popular controversy of FF v.s. KH.

Well, first off, as Matt said, you cant have one KH without the other. In terms of story, its obvious that you should play KH first, then KH CoM, then KHII. All of them, IMO, are amazing and spectacular games.

Now then, to be honest, I really hate the comparisons of FF and KH. They have a lot of similarities, yet they also have a lot of differences. However, let me make one idea of mind crystal clear; the maturity level of either game is high. Do not let KHs cutesy Disney exterior make you believe the game's true story is colorful. The story is actually quite dark.

FF games are known for exceptional stories; that, along with amazing visuals and gameplay, are what draws people to play FF. The names Final Fantasy, Square, and Square Enix are very big names these days. If an RPG comes out with Final Fantasy in its name, it WILL sell, and rightly so.

That said, it becomes very easy for a project such as Kingdom Hearts to get a little overshadowed. Don't get me wrong, when KH was first announced, I was like "WTF? Disney? AND Final Fantasy? Crazay..." Many were not able to comprehend how FF, known for darker and more mature characters and stories could mix with the didactic and colorful Disney ideas. However, the name Square Enix made it a worthy contender.

When I played KH, I was blown away. To be completely honest with you, Disney and FF characters act as mere cameos. The game truly centers around Sora, Kairi, and Riku, and weaves a dark and ominous story of love, hatred, betrayal, and destruction of human nature. And it does so WITHOUT the help of FF or Disney. In fact, the story's dark ideas when set in a colorful world really accentuate them. You can get a deeper understanding of its dark story when it is set in a colorful world. That world, in the course of the game, bleeds a dark blood...

And KHII progresses with that idea. In all honesty, I bet SE could have released this game with the same trio of characters without the Disney and FF cameos, and the game would still sell amazingly. Why? The story. KH does NOT, I repeat, DOES NOT sell with the name Final Fantasy. Thats why the comparisons need to stop.

I'm not calling one game better than the other, because they are both very different and spectacular in their own right. KH, being story driven, would be able to exist without FF. But it's SE's imagination that we all know and love that brought two very different elements together and made a stunning game.


Unfortuently there will always be those that compare the 2 because KH does share character between the 2 seperate titles know only as FINAL FANTASY AND KINGDOM HEARTS. and there not the same, both use completely different tactics for getting the job done, and one is more seriouse than the other. But both are great games. enough said, sorry man but to play games there always will be opinions and the reverse.

Re: Which is better? KH or KH2

Posted: Oct 31, 2006 6:20am
by Sanger Zomvolt
I prefered Kingdom Hearts 1 over 2, but I found the KH games merely decent, nowhere as good as the Zelda Games. I don't understand the Final Fantasy comparisons, as their appearances in KH are like homages, fanservice if you will; they neither affect FF canon, nor are they essential to plots. Comparing KH and FF is like comparing apples to oranges. A more understandable comparison would be to compare KH with Zelda, as they are both adventure/action RPG games.

Re: Which is better? KH or KH2

Posted: Oct 31, 2006 1:26pm
by NecroZombie T-37
Both games are pretty good, but there is one particular thing that I hate about both of them. The final boss was a pushover. Ansem was too easy, and Xemnas was a freaking pussy. But we all have to admit KH3 will kick ass. Hopefully, the Chaser version of Ansem won't be too easy.

Re: Which is better? KH or KH2

Posted: Oct 31, 2006 2:24pm
by Matt ?????
well,if you fight Xemnas on proud mode and at a fairly low level(like 50 or 51)he is actually pretty difficult.i also hope for a challenge in the "chaser" Xehanort if it will be Xehanort,mabye they will suprise us.

Re: Which is better? KH or KH2

Posted: Nov 08, 2006 8:18am
by Mik3
Deadpool wrote:The first one is better in my opinion. The story is more gripping and it's just more fun in my opinion. KH2 has a dull story and while gameplay has changed it just feels like a chore to actually complete the game and no game should be a chore to finish...


Really? Thats weird, thats exactly how I felt with kingdom hearts. I just wanted to finish the story. :shock:

Re: Which is better? KH or KH2

Posted: Nov 08, 2006 3:05pm
by Pink Supervisor|EL
actually i played the second before the first ^_^

and i got most of the storyline, because of read ups and story's from a friendds. more work into knowing the background but it saves on cash