PS3

Discussions about anything videogame-related.
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Re: PS3

Post by Cold Revolver »

^ Yes I had to double posted because I wanted you all to make a wise choice, Sony will fail this time around. To bad they had a chance to own it all, but they lost so many developers to Microsoft. And to top it off World of Warcraft may become available
on the 360 as well, once that happens its all over. Than there is DMC 4, sony lost that as well... =;
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
Gravy-Trainā€½
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Gravy-Trainā€½ »

Cold Revolver wrote:PS3 is not doing well, If you wanted a professionals advice, such as my own, considering that I am in the industry I would have to say that if Sony does not get there Sh1T together they will fail. Honestly. They have not addressed the disk read error problem, it still exists in the Current line of ps3..Unfortuently.
For a professional, you don't seem too well informed. Sony is selling the same amount of consoles that Microsoft was selling last year with no competition and lower prices. Microsoft is doing well and they have a good start, but the PS3 will in no way fail. DMC4 went multi-platform, but PS3 still has LAIR, Heavenly Sword, MGS4, the Final Fantasy series, and White Knight Story to boost sales in the near future. And what the hell are you talking about with the disk read error problem? There hasn't been a big problem with PS3s not working and the 360 certainly had a HUGE problem with that in comparison. My brother's died out just last month. Though fortunately mine hasn't.
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Post by Cold Revolver »

Gravy-Train wrote:
Cold Revolver wrote:PS3 is not doing well, If you wanted a professionals advice, such as my own, considering that I am in the industry I would have to say that if Sony does not get there Sh1T together they will fail. Honestly. They have not addressed the disk read error problem, it still exists in the Current line of ps3..Unfortuently.
For a professional, you don't seem too well informed. Sony is selling the same amount of consoles that Microsoft was selling last year with no competition and lower prices. Microsoft is doing well and they have a good start, but the PS3 will in no way fail. DMC4 went multi-platform, but PS3 still has LAIR, Heavenly Sword, MGS4, the Final Fantasy series, and White Knight Story to boost sales in the near future. And what the hell are you talking about with the disk read error problem? There hasn't been a big problem with PS3s not working and the 360 certainly had a HUGE problem with that in comparison. My brother's died out just last month. Though fortunately mine hasn't.

Dude, you only know what you read and hear on the net, Do you hear from the developers them selves? Not stats and you do not hear from game developers or 3rd parties. When I went to sandiego it was not a good turn out for Sony. They still have not adressed the "disk read error" problem. There taking way to long to produce playable quality games. There only hope is multi platform games as you said. Even than they will not start getting quality games till later on this year, Not many at that. The files I have read indicated that there has been more than a few hundred bad units that reported the disk read error problem.

It takes money to send a broken ps3 unit to Sony corp, even more time to send it back..No gamer wants to be bull Sh1tted. Sony will always be in the buisness but this time around there currently outmatched. The sales do not mean much considering that there are loyal sony fans. Good try champ, I am a Professional indeed. :D Enjoy your ps3. I can use my friend as an example, after months of playing he ran into a case of disk read error, His 360 still runs great though but when I continued to read The statistics pointed out that both next gen consoles suffered from failure but the ps2 should have repaired the error. :pale: Its out there, it exists. I recieved this information from Naughty dog entertainment and Swingen ape studioes as well as SOE.
Last edited by Cold Revolver on Apr 24, 2007 12:05pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

Gravy-Trainā€½
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Gravy-Trainā€½ »

Cold Revolver wrote:

Dude, you only know what you read and hear on the net, Do you hear from the developers them selves? Not stats and you do not hear from game developers or 3rd parties. When I went to sandiego it was not a good turn out for Sony. They still have not adressed the "disk read error" problem. There taking way to long to produce playable quality games. There only hope is multi platform games as you said. Even than they will not start getting quality games till later on this year, Not many at that. The files I have read indicated that there has been more than a few hundred bad units that reported the disk read error problem.

It takes money to send a broken ps2 unit to Sony corp, even more time to send it back..No gamer wants to be bull Sh1tted. Sony will always be in the buisness but this time around there currently outmatched. The sales do not mean much considering that there are loyal sony fans. Good try champ, I am a Professional indeed. :D Enjoy your ps3. I can use my friend as an example, after months of playing he ran into a case of disk read error, His 360 still runs great though but when I continued to read The statistics pointed out that both next gen consoles suffered from failure but the ps2 should have repaired the error. :pale: Its out there, it exists. I recieved this information from Naughty dog entertainment and Swingen ape studioes as well as SOE.
You don't even know what you're talking about. All the games I listed were PS3 exclusive, I didn't say anything about them having to rely on multi platform games. And why are you mentioning the PS2? Yes, we know they had problems when they first came out, but we're talking about the PS3. And only a few hundred PS3s having disk read error is nothing compared to the tens of thousands that the 360 has. So that point is kind of moot.

And a few lowbrow developers that make games mostly for 360 told you they don't like the PS3? Shocking. You're professionalism and inside information isn't impressing anybody here.

And what do you mean you can use your friend as an example? Are you talking about his PS2 or PS3?
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Post by Cold Revolver »

Gravy-Train wrote:
Cold Revolver wrote:

It takes money to send a broken ps2 unit to Sony corp, even more time to send it back..No gamer wants to be bull Sh1tted. Sony will always be in the buisness but this time around there currently outmatched. The sales do not mean much considering that there are loyal sony fans. Good try champ, I am a Professional indeed. :D Enjoy your ps3. I can use my friend as an example, after months of playing he ran into a case of disk read error, His 360 still runs great though but when I continued to read The statistics pointed out that both next gen consoles suffered from failure but the ps2 should have repaired the error. :pale: Its out there, it exists. I recieved this information from Naughty dog entertainment and Swingen ape studioes as well as SOE.
You don't even know what you're talking about. All the games I listed were PS3 exclusive, I didn't say anything about them having to rely on multi platform games. And why are you mentioning the PS2? Yes, we know they had problems when they first came out, but we're talking about the PS3. And only a few hundred PS3s having disk read error is nothing compared to the tens of thousands that the 360 has. So that point is kind of moot.

And a few lowbrow developers that make games mostly for 360 told you they don't like the PS3? Shocking. You're professionalism and inside information isn't impressing anybody here.

And what do you mean you can use your friend as an example? Are you talking about his PS2 or PS3?
when I say I talk to developers does that mean they do not know jack as well? Your first line told me you think I do not know about my own career. You have your own "hard core" opinion about the ps3, I only tried to tell you the facts. Instead you wish to be a little babe fan boy. :-" Well let mommy put you to bed and tuck you in, im not up for it. By the way I am not trying to "Impress" anyone lol, your just being an eager fan boy that wants to try to convince me that ps3 is very well indeed worth the insane price of 600 bucks!!!. I was talking about the ps3. If xbox 360 had so many problems than why is my friends
360 still alive and well while his ps3 was sent off to california for repair? I do not trust Sony because they should have repaired that probilem, when the ps2 came out I had trouble with that systen, I must have purchased several units just because of the disk read error. I will not do that again, especially after seeing what happened to Jeff's console.
Can you find your name?
KarinDretJessKoyue

Gravy-Trainā€½
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Gravy-Trainā€½ »

Cold Revolver wrote: I was talking about the ps3. If xbox 360 had so many problems than why is my friends
360 still alive and well while his ps3 was sent off to california for repair? I do not trust Sony because they should have repaired that probilem, when the ps2 came out I had trouble with that systen, I must have purchased several units just because of the disk read error. I will not do that again, especially after seeing what happened to Jeff's console.
I don't see how I can be a fanboy when I own all 3 systems. The problem is that you DON'T own a PS3 but you own a 360 so you're attributing problems to it that aren't there. And how does your friend's PS3 dying while his 360 is still fine mean anything? You can't use that to say more PS3s are malfunctioning than 360s, because it's one person. That's retarded! The 360 has had problems with the circle of death on a huge number of units but for the most part the PS3 is fine and doing better in that regard than the PS2 did. Your friend just got a bad one. And what exactly is your 'videogame profession'? You're being pretty vague about it.
Mik3

Post by Mik3 »

The fact is PS3 had no major bug problems, sure maybe one or two have bugged, but not as bad as the 360s did, which wa surprising. But of course in todays Video Game media, we forgot about that.
I remembered my password.
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Post by Cold Revolver »

Mik3 wrote:The fact is PS3 had no major bug problems, sure maybe one or two have bugged, but not as bad as the 360s did, which wa surprising. But of course in todays Video Game media, we forgot about that.
Yeah the stats I read sugested that Microsoft had problems with their first shipment, they corrected many of errors but last week when I went to the game store I talked to a pal of mine who said his console was scratching the surface of his disk. I just dont want to get a ps3 as of yet because I spent a whole lot of money on Sony products already, they want to much for there console. Maybe for MGS4, but thats only one game!
Heavenly sword looks great as well.

Gravytrain calm down dude, seriously I never said I owned a 360.... I only have a ps2! You do not need to convince me to purchase a ps3 because I will not untill a long while from now. I go to shcool for Game
art and design, I do 3d modeling, Textures, concept art and character art. I use extensive software that applies to my career. I am a free lance artist. I use 3ds max9 or maya to work on my 3d models and photo shop to texture them. I do not program...
Can you find your name?
KarinDretJessKoyue

Mik3

Post by Mik3 »

Believe it or not, your the first 360 owner to anwer me maturely.

PS3 is gonig to be releasing FF13 and FF13VERSUS, Lair, MSG4, Heavenly Sword, God of War III, Tekken 6 so theres plenty yet to come. But if your happy with your 360 and their games, I don't blame you. Its very fun to play, and has the better library right now.
I remembered my password.
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku

Post by Cold Revolver »

Mik3 wrote:Believe it or not, your the first 360 owner to anwer me maturely.

PS3 is gonig to be releasing FF13 and FF13VERSUS, Lair, MSG4, Heavenly Sword, God of War III, Tekken 6 so theres plenty yet to come. But if your happy with your 360 and their games, I don't blame you. Its very fun to play, and has the better library right now.
There are 3 games I would love to play for the ps3, As you said. God of War 3, heavenly sword and of course since im a heavy MGS fan.. MGS4. But I am still debating if those 3 games are worth the risk, If I get a ps3 and several months down the road I get a disk read error messege I will be pist. But maybe when the price goes down.
Can you find your name?
KarinDretJessKoyue

Animechickie
Baka Otaku

Post by Animechickie »

It is going down this fall so your in luck. They took out backwards compability, but since everyone everywhere pretty much owns a PS2, it doesn't matter.
Gravy-Trainā€½
Full Metal Otaku

Post by Gravy-Trainā€½ »

Animechickie wrote:It is going down this fall so your in luck. They took out backwards compability, but since everyone everywhere pretty much owns a PS2, it doesn't matter.
No, they did not take out backwards compatibility. Where do you get this [censored]? And there has been no real mention of a price drop. It might happen sometime this year, it might not.
otaku16
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by otaku16 »

When I first heard about PS3, I was going to save up and buy one, but when the release date was changed to March 2007, I sort of gave up on it by Christmas. Instead, I got myself an Xbox 360, and when I look back now, I don't regret making that decision.

In my opinion, PS3 is far too expensive and it can do nearly anything an Xbox 360 can, except it uses Blu-Ray.

The PS3 games are very similar to the Xbox 360 games, for example Resistance Of Man is similar to Gears Of War. Also, some of the games have been released for other consoles, such as Sonic The Hedgehog, Harry Potter and Call Of Duty 3. I admit I would love to have played Virtua Fighter 5, Ninja Gaiden and Tekken 6 when that came out. However, I chose to make that sacrifice when I bought my Xbox 360.

Although Blu-Ray provides excellent graphics for PS3 games, the Xbox 360 games also have beautiful graphics - Blu-Ray isn't the only way to go.
However, graphics are not my main concern when I buy video games. To me, it's the storyline, the characters and the overall impact that matters. If a game doesn't have eye popping graphics, it doesn't mean it's crap. It may have a brilliant soundtrack or a gripping storyline, or anything else that could make it a great game worth playing. If a game is considered rubbish just because of the graphics, it's not a fair judgement in my opinion.

Why did I originally plan to get a PS3? I have PS1 and PS2 games and I was interested in some (but not many) of the PS3 games. Unless you're hoping to get the most out of it, I don't think PS3 is worth the money.

Frankly, I don't think I'm missing a lot by deciding not to buy a PS3.
Lestat69_99
Absolute Otaku

Post by Lestat69_99 »

otaku16 wrote:When I first heard about PS3, I was going to save up and buy one, but when the release date was changed to March 2007, I sort of gave up on it by Christmas. Instead, I got myself an Xbox 360, and when I look back now, I don't regret making that decision.

In my opinion, PS3 is far too expensive and it can do nearly anything an Xbox 360 can, except it uses Blu-Ray.

The PS3 games are very similar to the Xbox 360 games, for example Resistance Of Man is similar to Gears Of War. Also, some of the games have been released for other consoles, such as Sonic The Hedgehog, Harry Potter and Call Of Duty 3. I admit I would love to have played Virtua Fighter 5, Ninja Gaiden and Tekken 6 when that came out. However, I chose to make that sacrifice when I bought my Xbox 360.

Although Blu-Ray provides excellent graphics for PS3 games, the Xbox 360 games also have beautiful graphics - Blu-Ray isn't the only way to go.
However, graphics are not my main concern when I buy video games. To me, it's the storyline, the characters and the overall impact that matters. If a game doesn't have eye popping graphics, it doesn't mean it's crap. It may have a brilliant soundtrack or a gripping storyline, or anything else that could make it a great game worth playing. If a game is considered rubbish just because of the graphics, it's not a fair judgement in my opinion.

Why did I originally plan to get a PS3? I have PS1 and PS2 games and I was interested in some (but not many) of the PS3 games. Unless you're hoping to get the most out of it, I don't think PS3 is worth the money.

Frankly, I don't think I'm missing a lot by deciding not to buy a PS3.
Actually Virtua Fighter 5 is supposed to be ported over to the 360 the last I heard. Then the only thing about Sigma that seperates it from the Xbox title Ninja Gaiden Black is a playable blonde bimbo and maybe some new weapons. If I remember right Sony is supposed to be producing a new cheaper PS3, but it will have no backwards compatibility from what I've read....
"Well, look who's back...Show him why we call it "SPLATTERHOUSE'."
Terror Mask
otaku16
Mobile Suit Otaku

Post by otaku16 »

Lestat69_99 wrote:Actually Virtua Fighter 5 is supposed to be ported over to the 360 the last I heard. Then the only thing about Sigma that seperates it from the Xbox title Ninja Gaiden Black is a playable blonde bimbo and maybe some new weapons. If I remember right Sony is supposed to be producing a new cheaper PS3, but it will have no backwards compatibility from what I've read....
I've heard about that, but I haven't seen Virtua Fighter 5 on the 360 yet. At least not where I live. :( I'll keep an eye out for Ninja Gaiden Black. :) I didn't hear about a new cheaper PS3, but even if it's true, I still don't think I'll be getting one.
Kuragari

Post by Kuragari »

Shazza wrote:
Triscogirl wrote:What do u think about the PS3 it?
Two words.

Upgraded. Computor.
Most definately.
"Sometimes you have to think in 4D."