The Classics ~SNES RPGs~

Discussions about anything videogame-related.
gogirlanime
Dragon Master Otaku

The Classics ~SNES RPGs~

Post by gogirlanime »

I'm obsessed with old SNES games, I still think SNES is the best platform cuz I'm oldschool. Anyways, what were your favorite SNES RPG games?

I've loved these

~<u><b>Secret of Mana</b></u> (I can beat the game in 10 hours I'm so good at it lol, I can pick it up and play it whenever)
~<u><b>Super Mario RPG</u></b> (So original and an intresting fighting style)
~<u><b>Chrono Trigger</u></b> (Classic game, the best with friends)
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
~阿裏須~¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸.•*¨)
Pennyroyal Tea

Re: The Classics ~SNES RPGs~

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

I remember playing the old Final Fantasy and Zelda games on the Snes but thats about it, it was all about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Turtles in Time for me :D
Last edited by Pennyroyal Tea on Mar 07, 2007 9:45pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
WaffleGod
Full Metal Otaku

Post by WaffleGod »

Live A Live was always a favorite of mine, albeit an extremely underrated one. Same with Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals. Lufia is just plain awesome.
"The past is past, and histories care little for a-speakin' the truth of it." ~Ravel Puzzlewell
LiquidMist
Full Metal Otaku

Post by LiquidMist »

gogirlanime wrote:I'm obsessed with old SNES games, I still think SNES is the best platform cuz I'm oldschool. Anyways, what were your favorite SNES RPG games?

I've loved these

~<u><b>Secret of Mana</b></u> (I can beat the game in 10 hours I'm so good at it lol, I can pick it up and play it whenever)

OMG! Secret of Mana! lets play together? do you wana be player one or player two?

Anyways, my favorite and all time will always be Crono Trigger<3 I can beat it over and over again....only thing is....I didnt get to see all the endings it had... :cry:
A world so far away
gogirlanime
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by gogirlanime »

Zero The Messiah wrote: Girls...playing video games.... she's a witch, a witch I tells ya. I remember playing the old Final Fantasy and Zelda games on the Snes but thats about it, it was all about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Turtles in Time for me :D

I took back the emo thing, now it's your turn

I loved the Turtles too! it's all about Raphael!
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
~阿裏須~¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸.•*¨)
Pennyroyal Tea

Post by Pennyroyal Tea »

gogirlanime wrote:
Zero The Messiah wrote: Girls...playing video games.... she's a witch, a witch I tells ya. I remember playing the old Final Fantasy and Zelda games on the Snes but thats about it, it was all about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Turtles in Time for me :D

I took back the emo thing, now it's your turn

I loved the Turtles too! it's all about Raphael!

I'll take it back, but I was only kidding. Girls are every bit as equal as men in my opinion, its just rare to find a girl that enjoys video games, but I'll be your genie for now, so wish number one granted.
Yeah, you were right about me, but can I get myself out from underneath this guilt that will crush me? in the choir, I saw our sad Messiah he was bored and tired of my laments
He said, "I died for you one time, but never again"
Kuragari

Post by Kuragari »

gogirlanime wrote:I'm obsessed with old SNES games, I still think SNES is the best platform cuz I'm oldschool. Anyways, what were your favorite SNES RPG games?

I've loved these

Woot! Old school is the way to go. ^_^ Three of my favorite games that aren't Sonic or Final Fantasy or Zelda XD \:D/
"Sometimes you have to think in 4D."
Ethereal Blaze
Absolute Otaku

Post by Ethereal Blaze »

Secret Of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy IV (II, if your playing the american SNES release) and The Legend Of Zelda - A Link To The Past were amazing games. but, it hasta be said, all the best games never made it to england shores as a European release, such as Chrono, and i dont think Lufia did either.
Hate cheats?
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
See you on the battlefield...
gogirlanime
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by gogirlanime »

That remindes me of how Seiken Densetsu 3 (probably would have been titled "Secret of Mana2") Never made it to the U.S. it's such a great game, I love playing the rom
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
~阿裏須~¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸.•*¨)
Ethereal Blaze
Absolute Otaku

Post by Ethereal Blaze »

yeah, my Sis has Seiken 3 on Z-Snes emulator. it looks so good!!
actually, a friend of mine has a piece of software that converts any file into a playable PS2 file. so, what i'll do, is when i get my laptop, i'll try putting Seiken 3 onto a disk. if it works, i'll upload a copy of the software for you. ^_^ so you can play it on a console. sound good?
Hate cheats?
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
DJ ÑÎÑJÅ
Visitor

Post by DJ ÑÎÑJÅ »

I like the NES, and the Super NES, but... I HATE RPG's. Get one near me with the retarded, "big eyed, girly" character designs, I'll shoot you.
gogirlanime
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by gogirlanime »

Enter Shikari wrote:yeah, my Sis has Seiken 3 on Z-Snes emulator. it looks so good!!
actually, a friend of mine has a piece of software that converts any file into a playable PS2 file. so, what i'll do, is when i get my laptop, i'll try putting Seiken 3 onto a disk. if it works, i'll upload a copy of the software for you. ^_^ so you can play it on a console. sound good?

Thank you but I've already beat the game two times, I download roms and emulators for unreleased games hehe :mrgreen: thanks again though. I even have the SNES controller set up to my computer, and an extension that shows my computer screen to my big screen TV lol.

MC Ace wrote:I like the NES, and the Super NES, but... I HATE RPG's. Get one near me with the retarded, "big eyed, girly" character designs, I'll shoot you.

After that statement, what anime do you like? You've just elliminated half of your options
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
~阿裏須~¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸.•*¨)
Kuragari

Post by Kuragari »

gogirlanime wrote:
Enter Shikari wrote:yeah, my Sis has Seiken 3 on Z-Snes emulator. it looks so good!!

Thank you but I've already beat the game two times, I download roms and emulators for unreleased games hehe :mrgreen: thanks again though. I even have the SNES controller set up to my computer, and an extension that shows my computer screen to my big screen TV lol.

lol, I download roms and emulators for the unreleased games too! XD thats awesome ^__^
"Sometimes you have to think in 4D."
gogirlanime
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by gogirlanime »

Makes total sense, I mean I could get a Super Famicom and the games if I wanted to, but then I wouldn't know how in the hell to beat em.
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
~阿裏須~¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸.•*¨)
Ethereal Blaze
Absolute Otaku

Post by Ethereal Blaze »

my sis doesnt download emulators, she doesnt know any good sites. my older bro does though. and i'm goin to when i get my laptop. and unlike my sis, i'm gonna play it without a controller :lol:
Hate cheats?
Love competition?
Son's of Snakes.
gogirlanime
Dragon Master Otaku

Post by gogirlanime »

Go to Vimms Layer, that's where I download the games and I think they have links to emulators, it's a great site so many rom sites make you vote for their site and do all this other crap, but Vimms Layer doesn't make you, you do have to wait for your download though.
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
~阿裏須~¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸.•*¨)