Nintendo DS

Discussions about anything videogame-related.

Do you have a Nintendo DS

Yes
13
68%
No, but I want one
3
16%
I'm getting on for christmas
0
No votes
No and I dont want one !
3
16%
 
Total votes: 19

Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3369
Joined: Jun 26, 2005 10:50pm
Gender: Male
Location: In your bathtub
Contact:

Re: Nintendo DS

Post by Cold Revolver »

josh wrote:
Cold Revolver wrote:I like Nintendo but the sad truth about it is PSP owns the DS and you all got ripped.
The PSP lives up to its name. Play Station Portable. Thats all it is, it offers the same gaming experience as a PS2 - but portable. Where as the Nintendo DS offers a completely new gaming experience, plus it's cheaper!? If anyone got ripped its psp owners lol
Cold Revolver wrote:Argue all you want but I am just stating my own opinion. I can back my opinion up with cold hard facts if you wish.. Information to enlighten you all?
It's obviously a preferential thing. There is no cold hard fact you can give me that will change my opinion, and probably none I can give to change yours.
Cold Revolver wrote:I want a DS for a few games, but I wanted a psp for games, music, Net capabilities and many other things. Many other things out way the few games I want
Well I wanted my DS for an original, innovative gaming experience. I didn't want an unoriginal, Ipod Video with some playstation 2 games.

I prefer Nintendo DS for its games such as Metroid Hunters, Zelda, the Mario titles and Pokemon.
The hardware/graphics of the psp are excellence, but do not outweigh the benefit of the DSs' two screens, touch screen, online gaming community, and awesome game titles.
With a quick glance at who's winning the handheld war, its obvious far more people agree with me. As DS is killing psp in sales.

I was never trying to get under you skin nor was I trying to change your opinion. I was just giving mine. Plain and simple really. Sorry I irritated you a bit but it is a Cold hard fact that you can do much more with the psp. I chose a psp because it does play video, music and everything else.

I understand why die hard Nintendo fans choose the DS over the psp and as mentioned I respect that, but I just wanted to note that I do not agree with it, but thats not my choice to make? Everything you mentioned has special value to anyone else that is interested in a specific genre of games and hand helds, But that said not everyone shares your views. Of course almost everyone will agree, there are tons of Ninetendo fans out there and there always will be Josh. :)


The psp is not just a hand held , It is much more. With the other load of option it has, it now has wif radio, and remote play features. With remote play you can play Old school PS1 games on your psp from afar. Pretty nifty eh? ill get a DS sooner or later.
By ripped I mean that the DS cannot do or achieve what the PSP has. Game wise and entertainment wise.
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
josh
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1913
Joined: Nov 07, 2004 12:45am
Gender: Male

Re: Nintendo DS

Post by josh »

I was after a gaming system not an entertainment system. The DS dominates in gaming. And let me tell you, a lot more than just 'die hard nintendo fans' are buying the DS.

'the DS cannot do or achieve what the PSP has. Game wise and entertainment wise.' Thats one of the stupidest analysis I've ever read. The best the psp can hope for is that the analog stick works as well as that of a ps2 controller. The DSs touchscreen offers far more options for the game makers, and offers a far broader range of function gamewise than anything on the psp. You are definitely overrating graphics, and underrating the original design of games Nintendo produces.

I guess your opinion is okay if your a boring person who is more into music and movies than games. Unless you have an Ipod Video, otherwise at least $100 on ur psp was wasted.
great friends: Jesus Christ. Dragon X. Locke. Ender. Bambi. Russel.
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3369
Joined: Jun 26, 2005 10:50pm
Gender: Male
Location: In your bathtub
Contact:

Re: Nintendo DS

Post by Cold Revolver »

josh wrote:I was after a gaming system not an entertainment system. The DS dominates in gaming. And let me tell you, a lot more than just 'die hard nintendo fans' are buying the DS.

'the DS cannot do or achieve what the PSP has. Game wise and entertainment wise.' Thats one of the stupidest analysis I've ever read. The best the psp can hope for is that the analog stick works as well as that of a ps2 controller. The DSs touchscreen offers far more options for the game makers, and offers a far broader range of function gamewise than anything on the psp. You are definitely overrating graphics, and underrating the original design of games Nintendo produces.

I guess your opinion is okay if your a boring person who is more into music and movies than games. Unless you have an Ipod Video, otherwise at least $100 on ur psp was wasted.
I can see you clearly wish to make a heated argument over this lolz. Well I will not but I will say that your dieing devotion for an overrated Machine is causing you to loose face. See you failed to realize, or you simply lack knowledge on the PSP that with the psp you can play more than Playstation games, you can also play GENESIS games, Nintendo SNES games and GBA Games. At what cost do you say? Just a bit more than you will pay for your godly DS.

Bro, I never mentioned Graphics... You know I have been around here for years, and you should have known than I mostly favor old school dungeon crawler RPG'S and other classic games such as the original FF Tactics, Paper boy, Zelda for the NES and others. I have no clue to where you got that. Your remark "stupid" Does nothing to help your argument.


Now I will put this to rest once and for all.


(1) PSP Specs: (I would do the DS Specs but since your trying to convince me and change my opinion on what I clearly believe in you can look em up yourself.

Processor: Running at 333 MHz, I looked and saw that
PSP runs significantly faster than the DS. (You wanted graphical power, there ya have it)

Display: LCD display - 4.3 in TFT active matrix - Color - Internal (This means even roms looks clear and crisp on your wide screen, which the PSP and DS have, But the psp offers more for your buck, look at your specs.


(2) Things you can do with your shiny PSP:


1. Play UMD Movies, in which you can either pirate, or legally purchase.

2. Play an MPEG4 Video or music video.

3. Play Playstation 2 games, psp games, SNES Games, Genesis games, arcade games and Older PC games.

4. Music, Music...

5. A custom system Homebrewed can customize their games to play customized soundtracks

6. Internet capabilities and WIFI multiplayer.

7. WIFI Radio (New with firmware 3.80

8. Ummm... The PSP is like a small computer, while the DS is just an innovative way to play hand held games. Pretty cool but not enough to hold my interest.

9. As mentioned, the PSP has an established underground community of homebrewers playing emulated games.


Hey Josh, I bet your saying to yourself "whoa" I never even knew the capabilities of such a wonderful hand held lol. Your system may be innovative
but currently thats all it has going right now. Oh one other thing... Soon you will be able to play DS games on your PSP as well. Though I do not know how
they will incorporate the stylus, but im sure you can use a virtual stylus with the analog. Proof? though its a bit buggy right now im sure they will work something out. :P


http://exophase.com/psp/ds-emulation-on-psp-1676.htm


Dude you just do not get it amigo, the PSP is a well rounded machine while the DS is a stand alone Innovative system with a plastic stylus. You should have let me just keep my opinion instead of just trying to convince me... and as odd as it may sound..


I STILL WANT A DS.. I already know its a cool "wittle" system but being the realist that I am, I chose the PSP because it offers a lot more than the ds, on the go gaming, Music, Video and photos and Net in one shiny slim package. if I wanted to play Zelda I will just use my pc emulator lol.



I respect your opinion, and anyone who purchases a DS is not my enemy. I am just listing my reason why I purchased a psp over the DS. My point is that the DS and PSP are 2 different system for 2 different audiences.



2 DIFFERENT audiences.
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
Jessie-Kah
Dragon Master Otaku
Posts: 468
Joined: Oct 09, 2007 1:20am
Gender: Female
Location: The world
Contact:

Re: Nintendo DS

Post by Jessie-Kah »

PSP kicks major ARSE mann :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

im totally gonna get me one so i kick my brothers ARSE && shut him up for good lolz
Maybe its not my weekend
But its gonna be my year
And im so sick of watching while the minutes pass as i go nowhere
And this is my reaction, To everything i fear
Cause ive been going crazy i dont want to waste another minute here
josh
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1913
Joined: Nov 07, 2004 12:45am
Gender: Male

Re: Nintendo DS

Post by josh »

Cold Revolver wrote:Hey Josh, I bet your saying to yourself "whoa" I never even knew the capabilities of such a wonderful hand held lol.
I obviously knew the capabilities. Where you'd get that idea confuses me. I do recall myself saying that the hardware capabilities and graphics of the psp are excellent, I obviously researched both handhelds before making my choice.
I've stated before that I got the DS for the unique gaming experience it provides, rather than a portable Play Station that opnly relives other gaming experiences.

And I never set out to change your opinion, I was just justifying my own. I thought I would have made that clear when I said 'It's obviously a preferential thing. There is no cold hard fact you can give me that will change my opinion, and probably none I can give to change yours.'

The PSPs strengths mostly lie in its graphics, music and movies.
The Nintendo DSs lies in its games, and double screen/touch screen.
Dude you just do not get it amigo, the PSP is a well rounded machine while the DS is a stand alone Innovative system with a plastic stylus.
Haven't I said many times over that I wanted a system for games? Not a multi media portable? Those other features would just add to the price.

ps. You can buy an opera browser for your DS (more money!!!) which gives you access to the internet, and with the touch screen its quite efficient. Much like a Palmtop.
You can play remakes of Nes/Snes games that have been remade for the GBA, through the Game boy advance game slot. Not to mention N64 games.
You can get homebrew games for DS. At the moment they have Doom and Quake working, but I imagine the PSP is stronger here as the touch screen is hard to work with, and the power of the psp.
The DS has a far larger online gaming community than the PSP. The DS has wifi and DS download play, which is where 8 DS can (within a certain range) play multiplayer with just one game card! I think the psp has this ability also.

At the end of the day, nothing you said suprised me. And I am still very satisfied with my choice. Unless sony start producing Zelda, Metroid, mario games etc...which i dont see happening as they are always just bettering themselves at what they do. Never really making something neww
great friends: Jesus Christ. Dragon X. Locke. Ender. Bambi. Russel.
Amray
Uber Otaku
Posts: 875
Joined: Mar 09, 2007 1:28am
Gender: Male
Location: England

Re: Nintendo DS

Post by Amray »

Now Don't Get Me Wrong But The DS Has Some Amazing Games, But Its No Way Better.
I Can Understand Why People Could Say That They Like The DS Better Than The PSP, But To Say That Its A Better Console Is Just Silly. I Mean You Can't Have Music, Your Own Background, Pictures, Videos, Attatchable Cameras, Hentai and Super Cool Graphics On A DS!

The Only Thing That Really Sucks About It Is The Most Infamous Problem.. The Battery Power.
Hm Hm Hm Ha Ha Ha HA HA HAAA
josh
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1913
Joined: Nov 07, 2004 12:45am
Gender: Male

Re: Nintendo DS

Post by josh »

All I'm saying is I prefer it as a gaming system.

What has a battery power problem? The Nintendo DS? probably, but not the DS LITE :o Not that I'm aware of anyway...
great friends: Jesus Christ. Dragon X. Locke. Ender. Bambi. Russel.
Amray
Uber Otaku
Posts: 875
Joined: Mar 09, 2007 1:28am
Gender: Male
Location: England

Re: Nintendo DS

Post by Amray »

No, I Was Talking About The PSP, Sorry I Should've Said.
Yeah DS Lites Are Pretty Awesome, And Shiny! ^^
I Was Close To Getting One Of Those Last Christmas But I Was Offered a PSP Instead.
How Could I Refuse?
Hm Hm Hm Ha Ha Ha HA HA HAAA
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3369
Joined: Jun 26, 2005 10:50pm
Gender: Male
Location: In your bathtub
Contact:

Re: Nintendo DS

Post by Cold Revolver »

josh wrote:
Cold Revolver wrote:Hey Josh, I bet your saying to yourself "whoa" I never even knew the capabilities of such a wonderful hand held lol.
I obviously knew the capabilities. Where you'd get that idea confuses me. I do recall myself saying that the hardware capabilities and graphics of the psp are excellent, I obviously researched both handhelds before making my choice.
I've stated before that I got the DS for the unique gaming experience it provides, rather than a portable Play Station that opnly relives other gaming experiences.

And I never set out to change your opinion, I was just justifying my own. I thought I would have made that clear when I said 'It's obviously a preferential thing. There is no cold hard fact you can give me that will change my opinion, and probably none I can give to change yours.'

The PSPs strengths mostly lie in its graphics, music and movies.
The Nintendo DSs lies in its games, and double screen/touch screen.
Dude you just do not get it amigo, the PSP is a well rounded machine while the DS is a stand alone Innovative system with a plastic stylus.
Haven't I said many times over that I wanted a system for games? Not a multi media portable? Those other features would just add to the price.

ps. You can buy an opera browser for your DS (more money!!!) which gives you access to the internet, and with the touch screen its quite efficient. Much like a Palmtop.
You can play remakes of Nes/Snes games that have been remade for the GBA, through the Game boy advance game slot. Not to mention N64 games.
You can get homebrew games for DS. At the moment they have Doom and Quake working, but I imagine the PSP is stronger here as the touch screen is hard to work with, and the power of the psp.
The DS has a far larger online gaming community than the PSP. The DS has wifi and DS download play, which is where 8 DS can (within a certain range) play multiplayer with just one game card! I think the psp has this ability also.

At the end of the day, nothing you said suprised me. And I am still very satisfied with my choice. Unless sony start producing Zelda, Metroid, mario games etc...which i dont see happening as they are always just bettering themselves at what they do. Never really making something neww

Thats alright, You never had to justify anything however as I like both Nintendo and Sony PSP hand helds I can respect why people purchased a DS over a psp. As mentioned I only wanted to list why I got a PSP over the DS. I did not have an IPOD or a video player so I bought the psp because It does everything, thats great for travel.


When I get my DS I will probably feel the same way
But I most likely will not get one till next Christmas. Josh, Amray is correct about the PSP's battery Life, the DS can last up to 3 hours longer than PSP...

I envy Your DS because it can last longer, Most PSP owners have to purchase an extra battery pack but the main reason why it uses so much power is because of its processing power and because of the UMD.
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
josh
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1913
Joined: Nov 07, 2004 12:45am
Gender: Male

Re: Nintendo DS

Post by josh »

I guess we'll leave it at none is better than the other. It's completely preferential and opinionated. Both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Anyway, for those that have a DS - what are your favourite games for it? :)
For those that don't, if you got one - what games would you consider buying for the DS?
great friends: Jesus Christ. Dragon X. Locke. Ender. Bambi. Russel.
Cold Revolver
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3369
Joined: Jun 26, 2005 10:50pm
Gender: Male
Location: In your bathtub
Contact:

Re: Nintendo DS

Post by Cold Revolver »

Mario Kart DS

Metroid Prime Hunters

Advanced war: Duel Strike

Yoshi's Island 2 DS


And some others.
Can you find your name?
Amigos list: NickMistaColaJohnAmrayYMBedeMikeTycheAthosCloudTrishMatLust<33GioSerasErikBiki
KarinDretJessKoyue

I am not gay, I'm just colorful Betch! =-]
User avatar
Darcava
Master Otaku
Posts: 78
Joined: Dec 11, 2007 11:12am
Gender: Female
Location: Home, of course.

Re: Nintendo DS

Post by Darcava »

Princess Peach

Children of Mana
User avatar
Master InuYasha
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3195
Joined: Mar 01, 2007 6:51pm
Location: Feadual Era
Contact:

Re: Nintendo DS

Post by Master InuYasha »

Pokemon diamond

Mario Karts
Sanger Zomvolt
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 1013
Joined: Mar 22, 2005 8:31am

Re: Nintendo DS

Post by Sanger Zomvolt »

Pheonix Wright: Ace Attorney
Phoenix Wright: Justice for All
Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Megaman ZX
Megaman ZX Advent
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Trauma Center: Under the Knife
Elite Beat Agents
Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Brain Age 1 and 2
The New York Times Crosswords
Advance Wars Dual Strike
Front Mission

I'm excited for a bunch of upcoming games, Rune Factory 2 and Final Fantasy IV, but what I'm really looking forward to are the future installments of the Ace Attorney series. 4 is coming out in February, and 5 was just recently announced. :D
The Evil Russell Crowe
Uber Otaku
Posts: 661
Joined: Sep 18, 2007 4:26pm
Gender: Male
Location: Wembley '86
Contact:

Re: Nintendo DS

Post by The Evil Russell Crowe »

The phoenix Wright games and Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow ( Potrait of Ruin sucked in addition to being in INCREDIBLY poor taste)
I see a little silhouetto of a man...
divinephoenix
Absolute Otaku
Posts: 3184
Joined: Sep 15, 2006 3:07am
Gender: Female
Location: in the little world I made myself ^_^
Contact:

Re: Nintendo DS

Post by divinephoenix »

uhh...can i ask for recommendations here for a good DS game. i'm looking for a new one. Got tired of playing the same ones over and over again..Thanks in advance..
Please check out my Mod App
See my Drawings ^_^
Hallow Ichigo is my Master and I am his genie ^^
Post Reply